$50 per port excursion credit

PTC DAWG

My question is will this $50 be credited to my on board account after the excursion has been taken.  3 pre paid excursions....

And secondly, IF the $50 does credit, will/can it be applied to the DSC owed?  

Thanks in advance for any answers.  

If you pre-paid it will be credited to your account after taking the excursion.   No it cannot be applied to the DSC as it is non-refundable OBC.

You can reserve by calling a special shore ex number and booking without pre-paying, you might be better off doing that.

3 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

If you pre-paid it will be credited to your account after taking the excursion.   No it cannot be applied to the DSC as it is non-refundable OBC.

You can reserve by calling a special shore ex number and booking without pre-paying, you might be better off doing that.

Thanks...sounds like I'll be using it for extra meals etc....

53 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Thanks...sounds like I'll be using it for extra meals etc....

The way it was explained to me by the shore excursion Dept when I called to reserve a excursion was our excursion was $75 each....We wont be charged till we’re onboard the ship

Once the actual excursion is taken our onboard sail n sign account will be charged $25 on mine and $75 on my wife’s instead of $75 and $75 

So there’s really no extra $50 that you can just spend on anything else 

3 minutes ago, LaCal said:

The way it was explained to me by the shore excursion Dept when I called to reserve a excursion was our excursion was $75 each....We wont be charged till we’re onboard the ship

Once the actual excursion is taken our onboard sail n sign account will be charged $25 on mine and $75 on my wife’s instead of $75 and $75 

So there’s really no extra $50 that you can just spend on anything else 

That is how it occurs if you call in and book through the excursion dept.  Some people like to book online, which requires you pay at the time of booking.  In that case, the credit is applied onboard after you take the excursion.  It really is better, if using that perk, to reserve by calling in and not paying until onboard.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

That is how it occurs if you call in and book through the excursion dept.  Some people like to book online, which requires you pay at the time of booking.  In that case, the credit is applied onboard after you take the excursion.  It really is better, if using that perk, to reserve by calling in and not paying until onboard.

I tried to tell the better half that, she would have none of it. 

Can the pre paid excursions be cancelled?  Card refunded, and then I will call shore ex and reserve what I want.  

2 hours ago, Andersoncd said:

You do not get the credit if you book online.

You still get the credit, you just have to pre-pay the full cost of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the excursion has been taken.

@LisaSp if they do it as I described above, they can use the credit on the account to "pay" for meals, or reduce the cost of the meals.

48 minutes ago, hallux said:

You still get the credit, you just have to pre-pay the full cost of the excursion, then you get $50 OBC after the excursion has been taken.

@LisaSp if they do it as I described above, they can use the credit on the account to "pay" for meals, or reduce the cost of the meals.

I'm good with that, we'll spend that much on the ship I'm sure.  Thanks to all.  

We just returned from the Escape yesterday.  We had 3 of the $50 shore excursion credits.  We did book one beach excursion for $29 a person pre cruise over the phone.

On the day of the excursion it was windy so we could not have beach umbrellas.  They told us we would be credited %20 per person for the inconvenience.  We could see on our account the $29 charge that was changed to $23.20 each.  We did not get the full $50 credit but $46.40 credit.  So no extra money comes your way.

I also was interested in using the other credits for ship transfers but they said only if it was the tour with transfer.  Oh well..

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

My question is will this $50 be credited to my on board account after the excursion has been taken.  3 pre paid excursions....

And secondly, IF the $50 does credit, will/can it be applied to the DSC owed?  

Thanks in advance for any answers.  

DSC is not a shore excursion.

If you have already prepaid for your shorex I think the following is the best thing to do.

1) Phone the Shorex desk in Miami and talk with the operative there saying you have the Shorex "perk"; a) cancel what you have booked and (s)he should reimburse your credit card straight  away and then b) rebook (RESERVE) your shorex at no cost at that time.

2) On Day 2 on board check your folio, it should have the cost of ALL shorex charged individually; if you are P or P+ make sure the discount has been removed; if not talk to the shorex people not guest services.

3) Each day after you have done a shorex (important as mistakes can occur) check that the $50 per cabin has been credited to your account.  If not talk to shorex staff not guest services.

4) At the end of your cruise you will have to settle your folio one way or other BUT you will have the refund credited against the shorex costs debited.

You can ONLy use the $50 per port excursion credit on excursions, not meals.

NOT TRUE.  If you have prepaid for your shorex the $50 is credited to your folio overnight after you have done the shorex.  Like any "Non-refundable" OBC it can be used for anything you want to spend it on, that is almost anything except the DSC

Just now, Birdie And Sue said:

You can ONLy use the $50 per port excursion credit on excursions, not meals.

I guess it depends on how you look at it.  It's really a $50 credit to your account which lowers your bill by $50 per port.  It's not that it goes toward any specific thing.  So, if you call the shore ex desk beforehand, then they won't charge you at booking and you'll get charged for the excursions on the first night of the cruise.  So, if you have 5 ports, with 5 excursions at $75 each, then $375 will be charged to your bill, along with everything else you charge to your account during the cruise.  After each port, you'll get a $50 credit to your account, amounting to $250 in credits by cruise end.  So, you would owe $125 plus any other charges you've made to your account.   Now, if you booked online and paid at booking, then you've already paid for the excursions and the $375 won't be charged to your account once on board.  You'll still get the $50 credit after completing each excursion, getting $250 in credits by cruise end.  This simply lowers your bill by $250.  So, if you had $250 in meals and drinks charged to your account, they would be covered by these credits.  I personally pre-pay my excursions so I can pay them over time (usually one per pay check), and I don't have the large hit to my account.  I now will have $50 per port worth of credits hitting my account that I can use to buy a dining plan once on board and some cigars in the cigar lounge.

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I tried to tell the better half that, she would have none of it. 

Can the pre paid excursions be cancelled?  Card refunded, and then I will call shore ex and reserve what I want.  

it really isn't buying you anything to cancel.  It's now paid for and you can simply using the credits to pay for other items you'll charge to your room (drinks, meals, pictures, gift shop items, etc).  You can now pay off that charge on your credit card and have room on it for something else.  it all evens out in the end

Be careful:- It is a $50 per cabin only, not a person, and only at ports where you do an NCL arranged shorex.   It cannot be gained twice if you do a shorex on each day of an overnight.

It can also be gained for a SHOREX on the day of disembarkation but NOT on a TRANSFER

10 hours ago, LisaSp said:

You can't use the $50 shore excursion credit for anything except shore excursions, unfortunately.

This is not really true. If you take an NCL shore excursion you receive the credit. Once you have the credit you can use it for anything, but if you don't take an NCL excursion you don't get it.