Do you bring any creature comforts?

calicakes

5 hours ago, gw2fll said:

It's a box fan we got at Walgreens for around $10. The size is about 12" square by 3" deep. It does not take up too much room in the suitcase. If you are looking for one, now's the time to get one (end of season).

Hope this helps

Thanks.  I need to go to Walgreens today to get a script, so I'll look. 

52 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I might not have to bring my blanket now.  I bunch up my blanket to use as sort of a body pillow.  I never knew they had that. Thanks.   I'll have some xtra room now. LOL

More shoes!

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks @vtcruising! I've looked for this unsuccessfully for years.....where did you find this? Anyway, I did remember correctly that the molded foam pillows we like are the Swedish Isotonic Pillows listed above. 

I found it on this AQ and Concierge flyer. I have also seen it in the binders in the staterooms.

Concierge and Aqua Amenities.pdf

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

More shoes!

Nah, thats not a creature comfort for me.  I have room for a fan now. LOL.  I can make due with 2 or 3 pairs of shoes.  I'm a flip-flop kinda gal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I found it on this AQ and Concierge flyer. I have also seen it in the binders in the staterooms.

Concierge and Aqua Amenities.pdf 808.43 kB · 3 downloads

Wow!  The photo in that flyer does not look like any AQ or Concierge cabin I have ever seen.

If it really is one, I am probably not the only one who would certainly like to know where it is.

Edited by varoo
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, varoo said:

Wow!  The photo in that flyer does not look like any AQ or Concierge cabin I have ever seen.

If it really is one, I am probably not the only one who would certainly like to know where it is.

I didn't even notice. Must be an AQ suite before it became a Sky Suite - rather misleading.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:57 AM, cangelmd said:

Was the glass cleaner to use on the pickle jar, do you suppose?

The only out of the ordinary thing I bring is a small “real” pencil sharpener. For my crosswords, in case I don’t go bold and use an ink pen. We also bring the meds and toiletries and hooks and a noise machine or use a white noise app. 

I try to cut back, but why?

If you've never tried Frixion pens, I rec them highly. They are erasable--but not like the old erasable pens. They are perfect for crosswords. You can get them at office supply stores and online. They make markers too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I was under the impression that hair dryers were included in the cabin. 

Your impression is correct. However the ship provided dryers are weak and require the power button be depressed continuously for air flow. If you have long, or thick hair  that takes time to dry and don't want to deal with rigging the button with a thick rubber bacd or tape, bring your own. My hair takes 55 minutes to dry with the ship dryer and 7 minutes with my Dyson. That's a lot of valuable vacation time wasted, so I bring my creature comfort....my own dryer.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I am surprised by the posts suggesting guests should not bring their own brands of toilet paper, supposedly because you can only flush "marine grade" toilet paper. 

Well, I've debunked that theory with one crucial data point - Did you know that Celebrity Cruises does not provide toilet paper for crew cabins? All crewmembers are advised to buy toilet paper while ashore, as the Celebrity-purchased toilet paper is strictly for guest usage. When I asked the employee in Oceanview Cafe about this policy, they said there are no restrictions on what brands to buy. First of all, I find this type of policy really disappointing on Celebrity's part. Crewmembers make paltry wages and now they're also asked to bring their own toilet paper onto the ship. Second, I guess in addition to a cash tip for my room steward on Celebrity, I will also bring a 4-pack of Charmin Ultra so they don't have to buy it for their own crew cabin!

We bring pillows.  I know that Celebrity will try to find one that suits us.  But that could be a long process.  We have tried many and like what we like.  We are very particular on this item.

My wife brings the curling irons / hair dryer.  She is very particular with her hair.

Edited by NMTraveller

We  took a  small size Brita water  pitcher to filter the Water provided on the Classic  Drink package...( it is not Spring water & has Salts).   Worked great,  but we had to use cruise ship ice  which was ok.  DH thought I was  nuts..but it did not take up much   space in our luggage & now he is using it at our place in Fla. 

Also took large and small chip clips ( Publix)...walls on EDGE are  magnetic. We ..used the clips for notes and  family photo .  Worked well.

I always order flowers to lend  a garden touch to the room.

We bring several packs of McGoran’s Manhattans, Martinis and Old Fashioned cocktails. Just add water, ice and you’re good to go. Twenty packs of these dehydrated cocktails weigh less than 10 ounces and all fit in a quart Ziploc bag or a toe of a spare shoe with room to spare. Bourbon, scotch and Irish whiskeys also are available. Costs range from $1.25 to $2.75 per pack and also are budget-friendly choices for airline passengers,  flight-deck crews, long-haul truck drivers and unruly children. Swizzle sticks are included.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cirpi said:

We bring several packs of McGoran’s Manhattans, Martinis and Old Fashioned cocktails. Just add water, ice and you’re good to go. Twenty packs of these dehydrated cocktails weigh less than 10 ounces and all fit in a quart Ziploc bag or a toe of a spare shoe with room to spare. Bourbon, scotch and Irish whiskeys also are available. Costs range from $1.25 to $2.75 per pack and also are budget-friendly choices for airline passengers,  flight-deck crews, long-haul truck drivers and unruly children. Swizzle sticks are included.

Interesting.  I don't drink alcohol, however if I did and didn't have a drink package, sounds like a good idea.  How do they taste?  So, the alcohol is dehydrated? 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:16 PM, ccarter said:

Thank you for the clever ideas! 

This doesn't have anything to do with cruising, rather cold brew.  We'll be in Maui for Xmas and I'm wondering where your fav cold brew is located?  Fave coffee shop?  We'll be staying in Kaanapali.  Thanks!! 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, Luvcrusn said:

Your impression is correct. However the ship provided dryers are weak and require the power button be depressed continuously for air flow. If you have long, or thick hair  that takes time to dry and don't want to deal with rigging the button with a thick rubber bacd or tape, bring your own. My hair takes 55 minutes to dry with the ship dryer and 7 minutes with my Dyson. That's a lot of valuable vacation time wasted, so I bring my creature comfort....my own dryer.

Is this true for even the "extra handheld" in CC cabins that they mention or just the on the wall type

4 hours ago, cookiersmom said:

Is this true for even the "extra handheld" in CC cabins that they mention or just the on the wall type

I've only used the hand held and they are weak and awful. In fact the Concierge checked the whole ship to see if there were any other type on board and offered the use of her personal dryer when I made a passing comment on a mid cruise survey. I thanked her and declined her kind offer since I had a my own. I had only suggested that the dryers on board were difficult to use for anyone with long or thick hair or who had dexterity issues with continually holding in the button for airflow. I was in a Concierge cabin when that occurred. 

9 hours ago, cookiersmom said:

We have only ever had the ones Luvcrusn describes, even in the PH....You get two equally useless ones there...

I generally resort to drying my hair naturally on the balcony with a glass of wine, my hair may not be wonderfully styled but after the wine who cares!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

We have only ever had the ones Luvcrusn describes, even in the PH....You get two equally useless ones there...

I generally resort to drying my hair naturally on the balcony with a glass of wine, my hair may not be wonderfully styled but after the wine who cares!

I like your style! I'm just concerned about scaring those who haven't had enough wine, but I guess if I have enough that thought will go out the window.😜

56 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I like your style! I'm just concerned about scaring those who haven't had enough wine, but I guess if I have enough that thought will go out the window.😜

Not a good strategy on cold cruises though...In Norway I resorted to the hairdryer, I needed a cognac to persevere with it...In the end my hair was still damp as we entered Michael’s for pre dinner drinks....Just too much like hard work.

My hair is not particularly thick or long and as my post suggests as long as my hair looks just about OK I don’t need it to be perfect. However, for the style conscious, the thick/long haired definitely worth packing your own dryer.