First time on Celebrity coming up...

floatel_lvr

Each evening, when the stateroom attendant does the turn-down service of the cabin, a "Celebrity Today" planner will be delivered.  It will list the activities for the next day, brief description of the evening guest performance in the theater (shows generally at 7 PM and repeat at 9 PM), the various music venues in the bars around the ship and so forth.

If you are looking for something before you get on the ship then there isn’t anything.

If you are sailing on one of the ships Supported by the Celebrity app then some activities may start to appear on the app about a week out.

1 hour ago, floatel_lvr said:

Is there a place to see what activities, shows or entertainment will be available?

You can see if anybody currently on Equinox will post their daily cruise planners.  It won't be exactly the same but you will get an idea of how things work.

Do a search for Daily’s.  Many will post the daily sheets for their cruise.  Try doing  the ship name and daily.  The activities and shows no matter what ship will be pabout the same except for longer or shorter cruises 

happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree you will need to find the Dailies. This lists all the activities going on and off 5he ship. They are delivered to your room the night before. Several people post them and you can find them by doing a search.  

I get all fired up and look at the agenda for the next day, I highlight things of interest for DW and myself. Next day we start on the balcony with a little food from room service, read a little, linger over some coffee and THEN get ready to take in the ship. Of we stop at one of the bars to replenish the soul. By that time a few highlighted items have passed, the musician I wanted to see is playing his last song, or already finished.

For some reason, once we get on the ship we turn into bags of lazy bones.  And we are perfectly fine with that. 🙂

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mike981 said:

I get all fired up and look at the agenda for the next day, I highlight things of interest for DW and myself. Next day we start on the balcony with a little food from room service, read a little, linger over some coffee and THEN get ready to take in the ship. Of we stop at one of the bars to replenish the soul. By that time a few highlighted items have passed, the musician I wanted to see is playing his last song, or already finished.

For some reason, once we get on the ship we turn into bags of lazy bones.  And we are perfectly fine with that. 🙂

We are aggressive highlighters too.  But we do make about half of them.  😉   But there are many distractions that pop up and it is all good.

• Like 2

I have all my dailies for my recent Equinox B2B 7 day Eastern/Western but not sure if posting that here would help you much since your cruise is not going to match it exactly given yours has to be either 6 or 11 day.

I used the Celebrity App before (and during) my sailing and it was pretty useless with stuff and felt very clunky to use, just isn't user friendly in my opinion and I have worked in IT for over 20 years so I am not new to technology.  It feels like a game of find and seek and when I found something I would not remember where it was when I went looking again.  Oh and if you use it on the ship, make sure you connect to the WIFI (and validate it is connected each time you go to use the App), otherwise you will be in the App wondering why it seems limited.  I was looking for menus and the option that my friend could see in her app was not appearing in mine and I thought it was an Android vs iOS difference but after being challenged for a while I checked my WIFI again and had to select to connect 'again' and viola ... the App will not complain to you so just thought I'd mention.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by poffles

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

I highlight too for anything we "may" want to do and things like bands/trios etc we want to hear.

HH or dinner can totally through off a plan!😉 

Had wanted to do silent disco and then find ourselves ready for bed. Ran into other pax the next day who said we missed all the fun! Sigh

I do like to hear the Behind the Podium talks (subject dependent) while DH is happier to skip them. He will admit though that he enjoyed the few he attended with me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

You have captured the spirit of why I love cruising.  I can (and do) plan plan plan plan ... say I am going to do all kinds of things on the ship 'this' time, diligently read the dailies and think that looks good, that looks good, oh and that .... and then fizzle ... the day and night typically turns into lazy stroll of nothingness LOL  Like you I am perfectly fine with that but with lingering thoughts that I've missed something 🙂  I have yet to make it to the Silent Disco ... maybe next time hahahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, poffles said:

I have all my dailies for my recent Equinox B2B 7 day Eastern/Western but not sure if posting that here would help you much since your cruise is not going to match it exactly given yours has to be either 6 or 11 day.

I used the Celebrity App before (and during) my sailing and it was pretty useless with stuff and felt very clunky to use, just isn't user friendly in my opinion and I have worked in IT for over 20 years so I am not new to technology.  It feels like a game of find and seek and when I found something I would not remember where it was when I went looking again.  Oh and if you use it on the ship, make sure you connect to the WIFI (and validate it is connected each time you go to use the App), otherwise you will be in the App wondering why it seems limited.  I was looking for menus and the option that my friend could see in her app was not appearing in mine and I thought it was an Android vs iOS difference but after being challenged for a while I checked my WIFI again and had to select to connect 'again' and viola ... the App will not complain to you so just thought I'd mention.

Have a great cruise!

Exactly the way I felt on the Oasis.... These apps are NOT ready for prime time.

• Like 1

Bring with you a magnet with a hook on it. You can put the magnet on your door (yes the door has metal in it ) and this will give you a place to put your information we’re you can find it right away. I bring multiple hooks and then can put other things up there as well. 

Enjoy your trip

18 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Summarises us too!

• Like 1

We, too, have grand plans, but don't do as much as we probably should (but, hey, it's a holiday, right?).  On sea days, I love just reading and relaxing and maybe listening to some music.  We always do a gym workout those days too, so we don't end up sitting all day.  We like some evening shows, and the one thing we don't miss is the Silent Disco.  It's a hoot if you like to dance and get some activity in after supper.  Plus, it's hilarious to watch others and know you look just as silly!!