Free Milkshakes?

9 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

With the refreshment package, I know you would have to dine at Johnny Rockets to indulge in a milkshake. Are there any other places on Oasis of the Seas, post dry dock, where you can get a "free" milkshake?

Johnny Rockets is it. No other places for milkshakes.

Whether you have to actually dine at JR’s varies by ship and probably by whose working.

11 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

With the refreshment package, I know you would have to dine at Johnny Rockets to indulge in a milkshake. Are there any other places on Oasis of the Seas, post dry dock, where you can get a "free" milkshake?

Go to the Windjammer.  Get one of the plastic tumblers.  Find the soft serve "ice cream" machine.  Dispense the soft serve into your tumbler.  Depending on what flavor you want, go back into the WJ (or sometimes outside at a drink station) add coffee or milk.  Stir.

Poof!  Milkshake!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Go to the Windjammer.  Get one of the plastic tumblers.  Find the soft serve "ice cream" machine.  Dispense the soft serve into your tumbler.  Depending on what flavor you want, go back into the WJ (or sometimes outside at a drink station) add coffee or milk.  Stir.

Poof!  Milkshake!

And bring your own straw.

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Poof!  Milkshake!

But the ice cream machine has select hours, which is one of the things Carnival does better. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Poof!  Milkshake!

That sounds more like watered down poor quality soft serve and less like a milkshake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Am I correct that you don’t have to dine at Johnny Rockets to order a milkshake, you can simply order the shake?

thx

m

Most of the ships we've been on you can easily ask for a shake to go...we've had no problem...even with our C&A BOGO.

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Most of the ships we've been on you can easily ask for a shake to go...we've had no problem...even with our C&A BOGO.

If you've been on an Oasis class ship (preferably Oasis of the Seas) have you been able to receive a milkshake without dining?

On 8/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, schlimazel_traveler said:

A non-alcohol mudslide is pretty much a milkshake, too.

And don't knock the glass-of-half-melted soft-serve until you've tried it!

I love my Affogato Cafes. I have done this trick that was mentioned above and add coffee over the Vanilla Ice Cream.

In the Main Dining Room I ask my server for Vanilla Ice Cream, Coffee and Cheese Cake. I then crumble the cheese cake over this and its delish! 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Poof!  Milkshake!

Yep., we've been doing this for years.  Not bad!  

41 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

It's Frozen Yogurt which most cruise lines use as it doesn't melt as fast.

Nope, it's not frozen yogurt.  "Frozen dessert mix" is the actual term.  It's not even close to being yogurt or ice cream:

Edited by time4u2go

On 8/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, jbethel11 said:

If you've been on an Oasis class ship (preferably Oasis of the Seas) have you been able to receive a milkshake without dining?

Yes....on all ships that of course have a JR's....just walk in and ask...they'll make it and give it to you to go.