deck 6 obstructed balcony Anthem

First shot below is view from Anthem deck 6 obstructed balcony over the middle of a lifeboat.

Second shot is of double davits to the left of an Anthem deck 6 balcony which would block the view significantly if these were in front.

P1040876.JPG

P1040878a (640x538).jpg

Edited by robtulipe

4 minutes ago, PghSunny said:

I just booked 6168 about a half hour ago.  I hope it is OK.   Does anyone know where the bed is - by the window or by the bathroom?

Bathroom.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Bathroom.

Thank you!  This will be the first time I've been in a room with the sofa by the balcony.  Now I'm trying to find out about the obstruction.  I can't believe I just booked another cruise!  😁

4 hours ago, robtulipe said:

First shot below is view from Anthem deck 6 obstructed balcony over the middle of a lifeboat.

Second shot is of double davits to the left of an Anthem deck 6 balcony which would block the view significantly if these were in front.

P1040876.JPG

P1040878a (640x538).jpg

Like this:

IMG_3153.JPG

Host Clarea, I moved across the hall to 6570. One of my friends has asthma and h20skibum pointed out the other stateroom was above the smoking area.  There are 3 of us, and it looks like the balcony might be a little bigger.  What is the bed/sofa placement in this room?  Thanks in advance.

Robbiesox15 I just booked this room type and found this web page helpful.  You can't click the yellow photo icons without a membership, but you can see the black photo icons and the links to YouTube videos.    https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Anthem-of-the-Seas&deck=6

9 minutes ago, PghSunny said:

Host Clarea, I moved across the hall to 6570. One of my friends has asthma and h20skibum pointed out the other stateroom was above the smoking area.  There are 3 of us, and it looks like the balcony might be a little bigger.  What is the bed/sofa placement in this room?  Thanks in advance.

Robbiesox15 I just booked this room type and found this web page helpful.  You can't click the yellow photo icons without a membership, but you can see the black photo icons and the links to YouTube videos.    https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Anthem-of-the-Seas&deck=6

Still by the bathroom.

11 hours ago, PghSunny said:

Thank you!  This will be the first time I've been in a room with the sofa by the balcony.  Now I'm trying to find out about the obstruction.  I can't believe I just booked another cruise!  😁

Balcony for cabin 6168 on Anthem has a view over the center of the first port side lifeboat with a set of double davits to the left which is my shots I posted above as these were taken from that balcony. There is a single davit to the right as shown in the shot below.

P1040875a (2) (640x511).jpg

Edited by robtulipe

On 8/23/2019 at 9:35 AM, robtulipe said:

Balcony for cabin 6168 on Anthem has a view over the center of the first port side lifeboat with a set of double davits to the left which is my shots I posted above as these were taken from that balcony. There is a single davit to the right as shown in the shot below.

P1040875a (2) (640x511).jpg

On 8/22/2019 at 5:24 PM, h20skibum said:

Stay away from starboard side, above the smoking area.  It is shown on the deck plans

I made a mistake and moved to 6570 (I confused port and starboard).  Are we above the smoking area in 6570? 

There are 3 of us in the room and I'm hoping to fit 3 chairs on the balcony.  This balcony looks a little bigger (on the deck plan).  6562 is available and it looks even bigger.  I just don't want to be above the smoking area because one of my friends has asthma.

If we are above the smoking area, any suggestions on which obstructed balcony stateroom for 3 I should ask to move to?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm surprised we didn't get deck 6 with our guaranteed booking, BUT we've been given a cabin on deck 10 right at the front. A little concerned about seasickness especially as we will be crossing the Bay of Biscay 😬