CocoCay closed until Wednesday September 4th?

This is happening because of Tropical Storm Dorian which will be hitting pretty much directly in the Bahamas as she continues her path towards Florida.  Tropical Storm Dorian winds and rain bands will be hitting somewhere around September 1st maybe a bit sooner, so if this storm does go right by Coco Cay they are going to need to do alot of cleaning up after it, plus the workers that live on the island will be brought to safety somewhere else then have to get back to the island.

Happens. Use to Cruise over almost every Labor Day, was cheap. First year had 4 named Storms/Hurricanes, that was rocky sailing. Missed first two times was stopping at Coco Cay in mid 90's from same. Once went to Nassau instead, another Key West and different time awarded an extra Sea Day. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Happens. Use to Cruise over almost every Labor Day, was cheap. First year had 4 named Storms/Hurricanes, that was rocky sailing. Missed first two times was stopping at Coco Cay in mid 90's from same. Once went to Nassau instead, another Key West and different time awarded an extra Sea Day. 

Yes, people posted on the Navigator site that, like you, they are heading to Nassau for an overnight stay. 

We are on Symphony now and had our itinerary changed to a stop at Coco Cay this Friday. It was not  originally on our Itinerary and we already skipped St Martin. Have not  yet heard of any change of our stop on CC on the ship as of now. 

Mary Ann

56 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, people posted on the Navigator site that, like you, they are heading to Nassau for an overnight stay. 

Crap, we were always scheduled for then.  

Tuesday at Sea

Wednesday Nassau

Thursday Coco Cay

1 minute ago, DustFSU said:

I will be on the Harmony on Sunday and got the email as well and it stated that they will have a update tomorrow by 3 if they will make a new stop

Are you scheduled in CC for Monday or Saturday?

We are on Symphony and supposed to be at CC on Friday. It is an added stop due to missing St Martin. We were in PR today and supposed to be in Labadee tomorrow. So far no announcement of any changes to this as of now. There could be  an announcement of further changes tomorrow morning. I know a lot of people were excited to have CoCo Cay as our substitute.  Just hope we don’t go to Nassau. Would rather have Key West. 

Mary Ann

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UFMOM said:

We are on Symphony and supposed to be at CC on Friday. It is an added stop due to missing St Martin. We were in PR today and supposed to be in Labadee tomorrow. So far no announcement of any changes to this as of now. There could be  an announcement of further changes tomorrow morning. I know a lot of people were excited to have CoCo Cay as our substitute.  Just hope we don’t go to Nassau. Would rather have Key West. 

Mary Ann

Key West would definitely be a great port!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

Mary Ann

I don't think Key West can handle Oasis class.  Nassau or arriving back a day early to beat the storm would be my guess.

• Like 1