CocoCay closed until Wednesday September 4th?

6 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

We are on Symphony and supposed to be at CC on Friday. It is an added stop due to missing St Martin. We were in PR today and supposed to be in Labadee tomorrow. So far no announcement of any changes to this as of now. There could be  an announcement of further changes tomorrow morning. I know a lot of people were excited to have CoCo Cay as our substitute.  Just hope we don’t go to Nassau. Would rather have Key West. 

Mary Ann

I can absolutely guarantee that the Symphony will not stop in Key West.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

I just read a post on a Facebook page from someone who is on the Navigator right now. She said that the Captain just made an announcement that CocoCay will be closed until Wednesday September 4th.

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

BlueRidgeMama, we posted at the same time! Other report from the Navigator is that they are headed to Nassau and will do an overnight there. I know people may be upset, but it is a "safety-first" decision. 

image.thumb.png.c000fba076efe334a57e65fae7e1c28b.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I don't think Key West can handle Oasis class.  Nassau or arriving back a day early to beat the storm would be my guess.

Good point. I can’t find the post but James Van Fleet responded to someone on Twitter two days ago that they could have ships go south of Cuba and just hang out there.

We leave Friday on the Navigator.  We were supposed to be in CocoCay this Sat. 

Hoping for Key West.  I looked online and no ships were scheduled to be in KW sat or sun so they should have space.

With Coco Cay cancelled, this also displaces the Mariner of the Seas. There really is not many choices for a 3 day scheduled cruise out of PC.  If you factor in a late return arrival on Monday...possibly Labadee or Grand Cayman? 

Edited by rolloman

A poster on the Navigator FB page reported that they will receive a 25% Future Cruise Credit for skipping CocoCay. So maybe that would happen on all ships impacted by Coco Cay closure. 

Edited by sandebeach
  • Like 1

Posted on the RC website under Dorian:

We are working to secure alternative ports for the below itineraries and expect to share updates with guests and travel partners by 3:00 PM EST on Wednesday, August 28th, 2019.

Empress of the Seas August 24, 2019
Symphony of the Seas August 24, 2019
Mariner of the Seas August 26, 2019
Navigator of the Seas August 30, 2019
Mariner of the Seas August 30, 2019
Harmony of the Seas September 1, 2019

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Posted on the RC website under Dorian:

We are working to secure alternative ports for the below itineraries and expect to share updates with guests and travel partners by 3:00 PM EST on Wednesday, August 28th, 2019.

Empress of the Seas August 24, 2019
Symphony of the Seas August 24, 2019
Mariner of the Seas August 26, 2019
Navigator of the Seas August 30, 2019
Mariner of the Seas August 30, 2019
Harmony of the Seas September 1, 2019

Thanks, been wondering why no announcement yet on Symphony. Figured they were still working things out.  

Mary Ann

• Like 1

NAVIGATOR 8/30/19, MARINER 8/30/19, HARMONY 9/1/19, HARMONY 8/25/19 & SYMPHONY 8/31/19

Currently, the two main weather models used for prediction (American & European) have the storm going different ways. So, we’re going to wait a bit more to evaluate the new data, which we’ll receive this afternoon. Then, we’ll confirm alternate ports and share your final itinerary changes with you by 3 PM on Thursday, August 29th, or sooner.

• Like 1

Well just got the word we are going to Nassau rather than CocoCay on Friday and then back to Miami on Saturday on Symphony. We are being given a future cruise credit of one day of our cruise fare paid.  We got three ports but ended up with Nassau instead of St. Martin. Coco Cay was the original substitution for St. Martin. Would have rather had a sea day and gotten the 25 percent future cruise credit for a missed port.  So far all our weather has been great and very calm. Glad we end on Saturday and not Sunday since we are driving home. May hit some evacuation traffic on the last part of the drive depending on what the forecast landfall is at that time. 

Mary Ann

11 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

Well just got the word we are going to Nassau rather than CocoCay on Friday and then back to Miami on Saturday on Symphony. We are being given a future cruise credit of one day of our cruise fare paid.  We got three ports but ended up with Nassau instead of St. Martin. Coco Cay was the original substitution for St. Martin. Would have rather had a sea day and gotten the 25 percent future cruise credit for a missed port.  So far all our weather has been great and very calm. Glad we end on Saturday and not Sunday since we are driving home. May hit some evacuation traffic on the last part of the drive depending on what the forecast landfall is at that time. 

Mary Ann

I agree, coming back Saturday is much better than Sunday. Hope your driving time is not a nightmare. For Irma, I made my husband evacuate from our condo on Ft. Lauderdale Beach and go to Orlando. Not the best decision, Turnpike North  was bumper-to-bumper and took over eight hours to get there. Hoping things go much smoother for you.  

37 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

With the cone of uncertainty fanning out as far as key west I cant imagine they will announce that as a port of call as early as 3:00pm tomorrow.

I think all 6 ships should just invade cuba all at once.

I think that it would be fair to just ignore the Administration's order not to go to Cuba.  Just go.  🙂  (you understand if you have been reading the news in the past 24 hours)

17 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

Mary Ann

Mary Ann, you may want to just get a place in southern Florida rather than head to Vero Beach which has a better chance of being "ground zero".  Holiday weekend may make it difficult to get a place but you may be driving in to an evacuation area.  you never know. I would avoid the drive and the uncertainty and hunker down in that area.  Just my opinion.  Dan

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Why wouldn't it be? That's 9 days later than it's scheduled to reopen!

Do we have a problem here?  Condescending statement in the least.  This is Hurricane season, no one really knows what to expect.  Forgive me for hoping there are no problems down the road...............I am well aware that Dorian will be long gone, but there could easily be another by the time we arrive..............Or even some repairs that could take longer.

• Like 1