Oceania Transatlantic

eby

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

depends on your interests

there is quite a few activities

Trivia, lectures, movies, bingo if offered, card games like Bridge

spa treatment if you want

cozy up with a book 😉

Worth mentioning that the lecturers are usually top flight - often retired profs.

Add to the mix: "Stitch 'n' *****," boat building contest and "Country Fair," wine & spirits tastings.....

The night before, a copy of Currents will be left on your bed. It lists activities for the next day.i run through the list and highlight the ones that interest me.  If there is nothing, grab a deck chair and relax. Afternoon tea at 4 is lovely. Go to trivia and get on a team. We are hoping to find another couple to play Mexican train dominoes for a few hours.  

11 minutes ago, DavidTheWonderer said:

There is always variations from cruise-to-cruise, so my TA experience on Riviera is prrobably not indicative of yours.  But for mine the cruise director was largely incompetent, and sea day activities were pretty well restricted to baggo.

Really? If that was the case it was a truly unique cruise.

Didn’t they have any lectures, trivia, movies, bridge, card tournaments, country fair with officers, stitch & b**tch sessions, cooking demonstrations or classes, art classes or you just didn’t notice?

Edited by Paulchili

If you are sailing on an O ship (Marina or Riviera) you may enjoy a class in the Culinary Center or a free class in the Artist Loft.  The culinary classes will fill up quickly so book online as soon as they appear for your sailing.  Sea days will fill up first.

On our crossings we have seen Chefs cooking demos in the Lounge, matinee movies, and a lovely brunch in the Grand Dining Room.  I do like bingo as it is a singular activity as opposed to joining a team for trivia. Something I can pop in on myself without coordinating the schedule with DH etc.   We have always had many choices for each day.  Somehow sea days fly by and I find myself wishing for a couple more.  

Enjoy sailing

Katie

• Like 2

I have MANY friends who think I'm "weird" for enjoying the T/As and T/Ps that we do...over and over!! BUT...I love the sea days....and I do "run from pillar to post"...with so many things to do I can't fit them all in!! 

Lectures, Trivia, Mah Jongg, Tea, HH, meeting up with others I have met on the CC R/C...oh...and don't forget the wonderful meals!!! I really could just be happy on a ship...going around in a circle...:) :) :) 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, DavidTheWonderer said:

There is always variations from cruise-to-cruise, so my TA experience on Riviera is prrobably not indicative of yours.  But for mine the cruise director was largely incompetent, and sea day activities were pretty well restricted to baggo.

Hard to believe 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Really? If that was the case it was a truly unique cruise.

Didn’t they have any lectures, trivia, movies, bridge, card tournaments, country fair with officers, stitch & b**tch sessions, cooking demonstrations or classes, art classes or you just didn’t notice?

Paul, weren't you on Riviera, Nov 18th 2013 TA? Same one I think. 

16 minutes ago, ORV said:

Paul, weren't you on Riviera, Nov 18th 2013 TA? Same one I think. 

ORV - do you really expect me to remember that far back? 😀

A few years ago I would have remembered such things but these days I am just glad if I can remember my name 😊

I will check though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

ORV - do you really expect me to remember that far back? 😀

A few years ago I would have remembered such things but these days I am just glad if I can remember my name 😊

I will check though.

LOL, actually I'd already gone back and checked my records, I'm pretty sure that's the one. I don't think you were on the Noro cruise TA I did on Riviera and those are the only 2 TA's I've done on Riviera. 

22 minutes ago, ORV said:

LOL, actually I'd already gone back and checked my records, I'm pretty sure that's the one. I don't think you were on the Noro cruise TA I did on Riviera and those are the only 2 TA's I've done on Riviera. 

Well, well - what do you know 😊 - I was indeed on that Riviera TA in Nov 2013.

Fortunately, I was never on a Noro cruise - a string of good luck I hope to continue.

Would enjoy sailing with you again some day - like with many people of my age, it would be like meeting you for the first time (again) 😊

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Fortunately, I was never on a Noro cruise - a string of good luck I hope to continue.

Would enjoy sailing with you again some day 😊

Well there you go, decide if that's the situation. I think Roy Gomez was the CD on that cruise. Personally I always liked Roy, but he's an acquired taste. I always liked his trivia. 

Personally I enjoyed that cruise. Obviously others opinions differed. 

There was 20-24 brutal tables of duplicate bridge every sea day on Riviera last November, plus a few tables of Party Bridge that was sufficiently rowdy they were kicked into another room.

That ran 2-4, with a solemn procession to Trivia for 4:30. As hopeless as most were at Bridge, they were razor-sharp at Trivia.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Would enjoy sailing with you again some day - like with many people of my age, it would be like meeting you for the first time (again) 😊

Paul...Is that the first time we met...on the T/A in '13"...could be??? No matter...you are the best "cruise buddy" EVER...just so glad you call you my friend..and for all you do to help me and my travels!!! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Paul...Is that the first time we met...on the T/A in '13"...could be??? No matter...you are the best "cruise buddy" EVER...just so glad you call you my friend..and for all you do to help me and my travels!!! 🙂

LuAnn - I believe we met on the Marina (not Riviera) on one of her early voyages from Miami to Barcelona.

It was a great cruise and I am glad we met you and stayed in touch.

Best to both of you.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 9:24 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Worth mentioning that the lecturers are usually top flight - often retired profs.

Add to the mix: "Stitch 'n' *****," boat building contest and "Country Fair," wine & spirits tastings.....

Today's a sea day on Riviera (enroute to Copenhagen):

IMG_0003.JPG

Only thing not mentioned is the culinary center classes (separate schedule).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

30 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

IMG_0003.JPG

All I see for the entire sea day is baggo 😀

Edited by Paulchili
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

IMG_0003.JPG

I see Ken Beatty is guest lecturer. We really enjoyed him on the Nautica last winter

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Paul...Is that the first time we met...on the T/A in '13"...could be??? No matter...you are the best "cruise buddy" EVER...just so glad you call you my friend..and for all you do to help me and my travels!!! 🙂

Truer words were never written LuAnn.  Paul is a most wonderful and endlessly helpful cruise friend.  We are so lucky to have him here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Truer words were never written LuAnn.  Paul is a most wonderful and endlessly helpful cruise friend.  We are so lucky to have him here.

I am blushing 😀

Kate - it’s a two way street.

• Like 2