Beer for cabin

rdemn

After writing a lengthy response of what I have done on a number of cruises, I decided to delete it.  I realized that some of the puritans found on these boards would disapprove.  So instead of enduring a relentless barrage of scoldings, I would just like to say, your mileage may vary.  Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Magicat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

If I remember correctly, with the bucket/ bag special, they asked our friend if he wanted them opened or no.  

That is different, the bucket is not part of a drink package and can be shared with anyone.

The point of not opening bottles is to reduce the chance of sharing.

Pretty sure we got the bucket on the package.  I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to but, if you're tipping well, they really don't say no to anything.  IME.  Top shelf, multiple drinks, unopened containers, etc.  There have been times we've been offered and took the rest of a bottle of sparkling, with glasses, from a regular bar venue for room drinking, on the package.   Especially when you tip cash, as we always do.  And no, we don't share our drink packages nor do we get obnoxious or blackout.  We're all lushes but we know how to behave and temper and we always have our own plan. I am sure it varies from server to server, ship to ship, etc.  Just saying we've never had a problem with any request, whether it's allowed or not, so long as it's reasonable.