Odyssey on sale!

Kokomo91165

9 minutes ago, Manymice said:

How large are balcony rooms? My system says 119 sf. Doesn't seem right as both Spectrum and Ovation are listed as 198 sf

The Studio Balcony cabins are 119sq, Same on Ovation and Spectrum... Now reg Balcony Cabins Cat D & E are 198sq, Cat C are 177sq

20 hours ago, twangster said:

I hear you, I've been keeping the fall clear hoping for a TA.

This, 100%!

Anyone here take Spectrum on either of the first 2 cruises to Asia? Did the crew have things together or was it a bit of a mess? I might consider skipping a TA if it's the first cruise sailing.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think at this stage they may not be 100% sure of exactly when the ship will be finished. They are leaving the options for any short Southampton sailings and the TA open.  Better to delay bookings on these than to open them up and have to cancel.

I guess there's always the possibility of a non revenue taster when she gets to Florida 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think at this stage they may not be 100% sure of exactly when the ship will be finished. They are leaving the options for any short Southampton sailings and the TA open.  Better to delay bookings on these than to open them up and have to cancel.

Selfish, but I'm really hoping November 5 will be the actual first revenue sailing, since I can actually make this one (with a B2B med cruise in May and 2 week Australia/NZ in February 2021, no way I could make a TA work like we did for Symphony) Would be super cool to be on the first actual sailing of a new ship.

3 hours ago, Crism said:

This, 100%!

Anyone here take Spectrum on either of the first 2 cruises to Asia? Did the crew have things together or was it a bit of a mess? I might consider skipping a TA if it's the first cruise sailing.

I was on Spectrum Barcelona to Dubai, and we were so impressed with how ready the ship was. I'd really had my doubts after seeing photos of the ship a week before the cruise, but the crew had everything ready for us. It was FABULOUS!

On 9/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Not on the website yet. 

yes if you put in the 2-5 or 6-8 then select Nov 2020 you will see it.  I just booked a solo balcony for the second sailing which is Nov 9.  Inaugural is 4 night on Nov 5  The one i booked is 5 days and then there is a 6 night after that

Edited by Robinhill
error

I paid $931 for 5 night (first cruise following the inaugural cruise ) for a solo balcony.  :0  It is on the US website but if you search for the ship- it is not listed.  You have to put in either 2-5 nights or 6-8 and then November 2020 and then you will the 4 night inaugural cruise, the 5 night on Nov 9 and then the 6 night after that.

2 minutes ago, Robinhill said:

yes if you put in the 2-5 or 6-8 then select Nov 2020 you will see it.  I just booked a solo balcony for the second sailing which is Nov 9.  Inaugural is 4 night on Nov 5  The one i booked is 5 days and then there is a 6 night after that

The balconies on the 5 night Nov 9th are only a few dollars more than the 4 night on the 5th

Just now, molly361 said:

The balconies on the 5 night Nov 9th are only a few dollars more than the 4 night on the 5th

Yup- that is always the case for inaugural cruises- they are always more because they are the first one- thats why i go for the second or third one.  LOL

Edited by Robinhill
error
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I think the wording is the key here - it does not say "Inaugural" it says "Inaugural Bahamas" sailing....🤔

Wow, I guess they missed adding that keyword to all the other inaugural sailings too then...

Nov 9 - Inaugural Western Caribbean

Nov 20 - Inaugural Southern Caribbean

Jan 4 - Inaugural Eastern Caribbean

Hmmm.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Wow, I guess they missed adding that keyword to all the other inaugural sailings too then...

Hmmm.

dream killer 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Hmmm.

They did not want to stretch it too far......we know they already booked the ports for the 13 night TA!👍 Maybe they call it pre-inaugural Transatlantic - to make the folks happy!😁

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

1 hour ago, Robinhill said:

Yup- that is always the case for inaugural cruises- they are always more because they are the first one- thats why i go for the second or third one.  LOL

I suspect part of it is also due to the Inaugural being over a weekend, while the second cruise is during the week. No actual evidence other than my own personal preference, but I feel more people are interested in a cruise over a weekend than over weekdays. Our 3 night Navigator Friday-Monday was slightly more expensive than the following Monday-Friday 4 night cruise, but with the 3 night I didn't have to take any time off work, so it was a better fit.

• Like 1