Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

15 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

Rod
California requires ships to hook up to shore power and shut their engines down while in port and a few places are following.

Sydney is expected to make it a requirement in the future.

by royal carribean teaming up with nsw liberals to build it as it is also mention it maybe a builder owner port .. its very selfish of them to destroy a whole bay just for there mega ships .

now really if any of you people here are serious about the environment and cultural heritage or preserving marine eco systems corals etc you would be boycotting royal carribean ships or any other ships that want this built.. this is your country and your kids live here , when are we going to stop destroying Australia for greed and selling of our best assets …  its starts with us first as we all know governments just want poltical donation into there coffers and pay rises for themselves .. 

here we are in a time where we have massive bushfire damage and wildlife damage in this country,  half the world is talking climate change and co2 pollution  greenhouse gasses , marine pollution as well oceans heating up land destruction marine coral destruction etc etc etc ..  and yet greed rises above all .. maybe this world does need to start imploding on itself due to destruction of human kind ..  maybe its just starting to go that way ..anyway for most I guess on here at age there kids will be left with the mess of there parents etc

Edited by in rod we trust

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

I think you will find that the majority here want the 3rd cruise terminal, maybe not to the detriment of the whole environment but we still want it.

Not in my backyard  pal !!🤬🤬🤬🤬

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think you will find that the majority here want the 3rd cruise terminal, maybe not to the detriment of the whole environment but we still want it.

well  there are plenty other spots ready to go and board cruise ships ..they do not need to destroy areas around the globe and Australia for it ..   you have to make a choice is it the environment or is it convenience of a third port in Sydney .. it has to be one or the other .. the third choice is use existing ports even if they are out of the Sydney basin that doesn't need dredging or destroy the eco system

but like I said maybe the world is on the verge of destruction as we see many signs of this around the globe , so if the people don't change and demand change by boycotting certain companies for the destruction , then we just deserve what we get .. 

31 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Not in my backyard  pal !!🤬🤬🤬🤬

just in case that is suppose to be a reference to me I just will inform you again as you only read what you like ..  I don't live any where near botany bay its a good 1/2 hr to 1hr depending on traffic , I live 5-10 min from the harbor depending on traffic

2 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

just in case that is suppose to be a reference to me I just will inform you again as you only read what you like ..  I don't live any where near botany bay its a good 1/2 hr to 1hr depending on traffic , I live 5-10 min from the harbor depending on traffic

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black... and could not care less where you live ..as long as it nowhere near me.

13 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

..they do not need to destroy areas around the globe and Australia for it ..   you have to make a choice is it the environment or is it convenience of a third port in Sydney .. it has to be one or the other ..

I don't think they want to destroy areas around the globe or Australia, they just want another terminal that can take larger ships and it can be done without destroying the environment..