Bliss questions

Lorey2007

In the future we are considering Bliss for a Mexican Riviera cruise and have some questions. We have been on Getaway but understand this Bliss is different.

For balcony cabins & mini suite cabins is there a way to tell if the bed is by the balcony or bath?

Which balcony cabins have the largest balconies?

Where do they host the game shows?

Is there a show that you have to make reservations for?

How deep are the adult pools?

Thanks I know Cruise Critic members will help me make a decision.

@Lorey2007 I was on the Bliss in January and had a Mini-Suite with a balcony.  Not sure I have seen anywhere to know which rooms have what arrangements but if it helps I was room in 13200 and had the bed by the Balcony, which I preferred.  My in-laws had the opposite and the room felt smaller.  

Most of the game shows are hosted in the Atrium mid ship deck 6 but I believe a few were in the main theater.  

You have to make reservations for Havana and Jersey boys for sure.  There were long standby lines for those that didn't make reservations.  The Prohibition show was also by reservation, and $30 extra, but was very funny and worth it.  It comes with 5 cocktails that go with the theme.  

I believe the pool was about 5 feet deep.  

Hope some of that helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

In the future we are considering Bliss for a Mexican Riviera cruise and have some questions. We have been on Getaway but understand this Bliss is different.

For balcony cabins & mini suite cabins is there a way to tell if the bed is by the balcony or bath?

Where do they host the game shows?

Is there a show that you have to make reservations for?

How deep are the adult pools?

Thanks I know Cruise Critic members will help me make a decision.

The Bliss and Getaway are sister ships for the questions you have asked. When the Bliss is in Alaska, some of the outdoor activities are held inside (eg the White/Glow party (called Caliente). 

If it sleeps 4, the bed is near the balcony.

If it sleeps 3, the bed can be in either location but most are near the closet. 

If you mean a standard side balcony, there are a few secret balconies that are wider (not deeper) and there are the angled balconies that offer more depth on one side but are not wider. There are other balcony categories such as the B6 which offer deeper balconies, the B1 (aft-facing) which offer deeper balconies that vary by deck, and the M6 mini-suites which have the deepest/largest non-Haven balconies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mbfrenc0586 said:

@Lorey2007 I was on the Bliss in January and had a Mini-Suite with a balcony.  Not sure I have seen anywhere to know which rooms have what arrangements but if it helps I was room in 13200 and had the bed by the Balcony, which I preferred.  My in-laws had the opposite and the room felt smaller.  

Most of the game shows are hosted in the Atrium mid ship deck 6 but I believe a few were in the main theater.  

You have to make reservations for Havana and Jersey boys for sure.  There were long standby lines for those that didn't make reservations.  The Prohibition show was also by reservation, and $30 extra, but was very funny and worth it.  It comes with 5 cocktails that go with the theme.  

I believe the pool was about 5 feet deep.  

Hope some of that helps.

Thanks can you tell me the size of the balcony? Large enough for 2 chairs & table or 2 loungers & table?  

On 9/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, Lorey2007 said:

Is this mini suite 13200? If asked would the steward change out one chair for a lounger?

No that picture is not 13200 but I can tell you that looks to be be exactly the same size as what I had in 13200.  I'm not sure about switching to the lounger since I didn't try and switch.

Angled balconies on the Bliss definitely have room for one lounger on the deeper side. The default arrangement on the angled balconies is the typical two chairs and a table, but if you ask your room steward on the first day, they will replace one of the chairs with a lounger. I do it on every cruise (I always book angled balconies!).

• Like 1

@need2cruisesoon Were your pix taken from Deck 13?  We'll be on the other side in 14868, and I was wondering if the traveling window washer will limit our view . . . It looks like its "legs" go past the balconies on the 13th deck and its people carrier will go past those on Deck 14 . . .  Thank you for the great pictures :-)

1 hour ago, IRMO12HD said:

@need2cruisesoon Were your pix taken from Deck 13?  We'll be on the other side in 14868, and I was wondering if the traveling window washer will limit our view . . . It looks like its "legs" go past the balconies on the 13th deck and its people carrier will go past those on Deck 14 . . .  Thank you for the great pictures :-)

13292, best cabin. Close to elevators (never a wait), Spice, Manhattan and no issues with the window cleaner.

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

• Like 1