How bad is Rhapsody? Does it deserve the nickname?

SarcasmSpasm

10 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Looking at Mediterranean cruises and Rhapsody is so cheap comparatively!  Can anyone tell me about their experiences?

We prefer the smaller ships.  Lots of people prefer the Mega ships.  That's probably why the prices are much more reasonable.  🍷

44 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Looking at Mediterranean cruises and Rhapsody is so cheap comparatively!  Can anyone tell me about their experiences?

We had a great cruise on her in March after coming off of Harmony in January. What they lack in amenities compared to the big ships they make up for with better port stops and service.

Edited by Big_G
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, Saab4444 said:

If you look at balcony cabins and up she is not cheap at all in the Med! In fact all other ships incl. Allure are cheaper.

Yet I booked a junior suite on a 7-night Rhapsody when the itineraries were first released for less than the cost of a Central Park balcony on Harmony sailing the same week.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Yet I booked a junior suite on a 7-night Rhapsody when the itineraries were first released for less than the cost of a Central Park balcony on Harmony sailing the same week.

This was about costs of cruises in the Mediterranean. Caribbean prizing is different.

4 hours ago, J_keeble said:

Crapsody of the seas

Oh, that's not right!  Someone must have been in a REALLY cranky mood when they posted that!

We started with the Rhapsody in Australia, and were on her in 2018 out of Tampa 9 years later.  Still love her.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

This was about costs of cruises in the Mediterranean. Caribbean prizing is different.

It’s really all about timing, ports, length of cruise, etc. a ship that can visit more (or more exotic) ports because of its smaller size, will sell faster than a larger ship whose size limits the ports that can be visited. (Oasis class ships can’t tender anywhere while Vision class ships can tender everywhere.) Smaller ships also have scarcer inventory of any cabin class, so as cabins sell the price on the remaining cabins in that category go up. I wanted to book a December 2019 cruise when the itineraries were first released and looked at Rhapsody and Harmony doing the same itinerary at the same time, and when the itineraries were first released, a JS on Rhapsody was less than a CP balcony on Harmony. Just looked at those same two ships today for the same dates, and a JS guarantee on Rhapsody is now 2X the cost of a CP balcony on harmony. Which pond a ship sails in is less important than all the other factors mentioned.

• Like 1

We sailed on Rhapsody a few years ago when we booked a last minute spring break cruise. I was worried that we wouldn’t love it since it’s smaller and doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but we ended up having the best week ever. It’s a great ship, the entertainment was great, the activities were fun, and the food was way better than any of the larger ships we’d been on. 

• Like 1