hors d'oeuvre In bars ?

nimiq

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Remember long long ago when they used to roam all the lounges on the ship at 10 - 11 pm with hot bits.  Assistant waiters with white gloves.

I think that went the way of the midnight buffet and the Grand Midnight Buffet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Remember long long ago when they used to roam all the lounges on the ship at 10 - 11 pm with hot bits.  Assistant waiters with white gloves.

That was probably very long ago in a galaxy very far away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Bars only offer a salty snack mix (pretzels, wasabi peas, little crackers).  

If you are Captain's Club Elite you can go to the Sky Lounge (M and S class ships) for passed hors d’œuvre from 5-7 p.m.

Thanks 

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if Celebrity would start serving hors d'oeuvres in some of the bars.  Or course there would be some kind of add-on such as $9.99 (+18%_ for a cocktail hotdog :).  Or perhaps they would include it as a new "perk" and have a $20 per passenger day "fare adjustment" for those that want the little dogs.  A crispy cocktail egg roll would only cost $14.95 (+ 18%) with probably an extra 20% surcharge if you want it hot.  

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mauidiver said:

I think that went the way of the midnight buffet and the Grand Midnight Buffet.

I seem to recall that the passed hors d’oeuvres was the first step in removing the midnight buffets - that is, they replaced the buffets a few nights with the passed apps (IIRC, they were called “gourmet bites” or something). Then eventually it all went away...

59 minutes ago, gordiej said:

I seem to recall that the passed hors d’oeuvres was the first step in removing the midnight buffets - that is, they replaced the buffets a few nights with the passed apps (IIRC, they were called “gourmet bites” or something). Then eventually it all went away...

Thats right, I had forgotten that!!

1 hour ago, gordiej said:

Yeah, I remember that.  The problem, we just finished dinner, 2nd seating, around 10:30pm, and they wanted to pass around gourmet bites?  That was a non-starter.  🍷

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I would not be surprised if Celebrity would start serving hors d'oeuvres in some of the bars.  Or course there would be some kind of add-on such as $9.99 (+18%_ for a cocktail hotdog :).  Or perhaps they would include it as a new "perk" and have a $20 per passenger day "fare adjustment" for those that want the little dogs.  A crispy cocktail egg roll would only cost $14.95 (+ 18%) with probably an extra 20% surcharge if you want it hot.  

Hank

I always enjoy intelligent sarcasm! I see what you did here! 🤣

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

That was nice.  Miss the midnight buffet, white gloved servers, etc. just add it to the ever increasing list of cutbacks. Call room service.  Be ready to pay an extra fee for room service.

Did we actually need the Midnight Buffet with all that wasted food and added temptation to eat very late?  Great way to put on extra weight for some of us!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Did we actually need the Midnight Buffet with all that wasted food and added temptation to eat very late?  Great way to put on extra weight for some of us!:classic_biggrin:

It was always great to see the spectacle of it but I agree. Lots of waste.   

30 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

DW and I marvel that we use to be able to eat at a midnight buffet without complications. Don't think we could do it now. 😲