Run over by a scooter

crazyank

If security was involved, there IS a written report.

Go to the top of the company and ask for a copy of the report.

Also, all of this should have been reported to the insurance company.  THEY will go after the person to recoup the costs involved.

8 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Of course she denied it!!

Were there others around as witnesses?

As others have said she is a safety risk and is harming other passengers, with evidence to prove it.

I do not belive for a minute security could not do anything. 

Ship staff do not want confrontation and will try and keep things from escalation if possible. But I agree security may have been able to do something but the situation would have escalated but not necessarily into a security issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Ship staff do not want confrontation and will try and keep things from escalation if possible. But I agree security may have been able to do something but the situation would have escalated but not necessarily into a security issue.

Yes, that seems to be true but this women had a major injury (broken bones which is not a minor injury).  

The ECV women proved to be a danger to others; this should have been escalated to a higher level than the security persons that showed up at the incident.

Security has to do with safety no matter what the type of issue; I believe when I cruise I will not be run over by an ECV. 

Do others think this was OK? How is this different than being injured by another passenger, no matter how it happened? So if we all walked around with something else that harmed a passenger because they were 'in our way' and no regard for others, would that be OK too? 

The result of the action by the cruise line appears so. 

Very scary really.

3 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Yes, that seems to be true but this women had a major injury (broken bones which is not a minor injury).  

The ECV women proved to be a danger to others; this should have been escalated to a higher level than the security persons that showed up at the incident.

Security has to do with safety no matter what the type of issue; I believe when I cruise I will not be run over by an ECV. 

Do others think this was OK? How is this different than being injured by another passenger, no matter how it happened? So if we all walked around with something else that harmed a passenger because they were 'in our way' and no regard for others, would that be OK too? 

The result of the action by the cruise line appears so. 

Very scary really.

I agree, but the point was that it didn't get escalated or resolved and now what do they do .

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I agree, but the point was that it didn't get escalated or resolved and now what do they do .

There probably isn't much they can do about it now.  The time to resolve or escalate is in the moment.  This thread is however a good lesson for the rest of us on how you can expect to be treated by the cruise lines should you experience a similar incident.     

My parents live in a Senior Living facility and both have to use walkers. My dad is almost to the point where he will need a scooter. But there is one particular women who uses a scooter and when she drives down the hall or enters the dinning room she uses the scooter's buzzer and yells at residents to get out of her way. She also goes to the front of the line for the salad bar when others are in line telling people to move over for her. Good thing they do not serve adult beverages as I would hate to see this women driving her scooter drunk.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:47 AM, Homosassa said:

I must have run into the same woman (or her twin) about eight years ago. 

Same use of the scooter to push her way through. Numerous comments by passengers about her bad behavior. The final straw came when we were all on line to enter a show. She kept nudging me from behind with the scooter to move me forward (the line was not moving as the doors were not yet open).

I asked her to stop several times. She kept doing it. The final time she did it, I whirled around, removed the key and told her to pick it up at Guest Services. I  left my sister to hold the space in line, ran to Guest Services and turned in the key (told them I had found it).

Go ahead, blast me. I already heard it when I posted this story several years ago. But if one does not correct bad behavior, it doesn't stop.

Great idea but you should have "accidentally" thrown them overboard instead.

DON

• Haha 1

I would have gone to security and informed them I expect her turned over to authorities at the next port on assault charges.  If they say the won’t do that, I would then ask them does that mean if i punch her in the face and break her jaw does that mean you will look the other way? Something needs to be done either you security can do your job or we can have a wild-west of vigilante  justice, but something needs to be done.  I expect her off the ship at the next port.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K32682 said:

There probably isn't much they can do about it now.  The time to resolve or escalate is in the moment.  This thread is however a good lesson for the rest of us on how you can expect to be treated by the cruise lines should you experience a similar incident.     

Agreed, do not wait to escalate if the initial response is not to your satisfaction.

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

My parents live in a Senior Living facility and both have to use walkers. My dad is almost to the point where he will need a scooter. But there is one particular women who uses a scooter and when she drives down the hall or enters the dinning room she uses the scooter's buzzer and yells at residents to get out of her way. She also goes to the front of the line for the salad bar when others are in line telling people to move over for her. Good thing they do not serve adult beverages as I would hate to see this women driving her scooter drunk.

Perhaps she is a pill popper and is drugged up.