Coffee on RCI?

I don’t know whether the buffet coffee is made from concentrate or fresh brewed, but it’s nothing to write home about, IMHO.  I also like good, strong coffee and the only place I have found it on the ship is at the pay coffee bars.  To me it’s worth paying the price to get good coffee.  They sell a coffee card that gives some savings.  The card can be purchased at the coffee bar.

Edited by nwcruiselover

We haven't sailed Serenade but have found the windjammer coffee to be underwhelming, however the coffee served in the main dining rooms is super strong and we like strong also. To get a great cup you can always grab a cup at whatever specialty shop is on board for a charge. I'm on a cruise and lovin it so why not enjoy something special when you want?

• Like 1

Coffee is fresh brewed...not the syrup concentrate like on Princess.  We find the regular coffee in Windjammer, Cafe Promenade and MDR very acceptable.  I know on Princess we have to buy the coffee card just to get the fresh brewed coffee...but not on Royal.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dplusd said:

Coffee is fresh brewed...not the syrup concentrate like on Princess.  We find the regular coffee in Windjammer, Cafe Promenade and MDR very acceptable.  I know on Princess we have to buy the coffee card just to get the fresh brewed coffee...but not on Royal.

No Cafe Promenade on Serenade.  Serenade has Cafe Lattetudes where you can buy espresso based coffees.

I have sailed several times on serenade ots and always found the coffee in wi jammer weak but fresh. Main dining room good and fresh. Cafe latitudes is my favorite spot as I usually get a lattexwith extra shot of espresso.  I think lattetudes has regular coffee that is free but we always buy the coffee card online definitely worth it.  

If you go on larger ships that have a Starbucks we avoid them as they will do several punches for a grande  always go to cafe promenade on larger ships. Usually one in wdj.

Coffee in room service is horrible on every ship I tried.  I dont know why but it is very bitter.

3 hours ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Just got off Allure today. Biggest complaint for the whole week was the AWFUL coffee available.  I’m a black coffee drinker...so for me, it was nearly undrinkable. 

In all places, or was it better at the coffee shop?

If you have access to the Diamond Lounge then you can go for their Espresso Machine. The coffee at Park Cafe and the ones by  the WJ(Coffee Station) on the Brillance have been really good. I love the Illys and Seattle's Best.   

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you go on larger ships that have a Starbucks we avoid them as they will do several punches for a grande  always go to cafe promenade on larger ships. Usually one in wdj.

Coffee in room service is horrible on every ship I tried.  I dont know why but it is very bitter.

I didn’t realize you could

use the coffee card at Starbucks

onboard?