Chef table or chops

My hubby and I cruise for 2 reasons relaxation and the food, our budget allows us to only book one dining upgrade a cruise.  We did the chef table on carnival and loved it!  However this time we are celebrating our anniversary so  deciding on doing the chef table on enchantment or booking chops?    Also saw something about dining discounts!   For those of you who have done both which would you recommend?  

29 minutes ago, robindina said:

My hubby and I cruise for 2 reasons relaxation and the food, our budget allows us to only book one dining upgrade a cruise.  We did the chef table on carnival and loved it!  However this time we are celebrating our anniversary so  deciding on doing the chef table on enchantment or booking chops?    Also saw something about dining discounts!   For those of you who have done both which would you recommend?  

In your situation, definitely Chef's Table.  Sometimes you can catch a discount from the roaming waiters/salespeople.

The only thing I would say is Chef Table is a large group (10-12) and at Chops you will have a nice table for 2 and for the same money as the Chef Table you can do Chops with a nice $80 bottle of wine (If you like red I would recommend Belle Glos, Pinot Noir). Also depending on your sailing you should be able to get a 25-30% discount at Chops.

Sometimes on a special occasion you my want a more intimate evening.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have done Chefs Table on Oasis and on Majesty.  Would I do it again? NO.  In both cases we felt the wine was "bottom shelf"  and we were a party of two.  Would consider it if part of a group.  I do Chops every cruise and have never had a negative experience.  Personal opinion.  Only you can decide.

Chef's Table is great for a special occasion, but you should look at the menu to make sure it is one that you would enjoy.  I have done it twice - once for my birthday.  It was fabulous both times.  Go hungry (and thirsty as the wine can flow).

Chef's table. You can get a discount towards the end of the cruise if it's 7 nights or more. And if you're not winers you can request no wine and get a deeper discount. The meal is an experience to enjoy at least once.

10 hours ago, robindina said:

If you are into wine at all, I would ask to see the wine list before you commit to Chef's Table. There have been reports of the quality of wine being reduced in Chef's Table.  A big part of what the Chef is trying to do is to make enjoyable wine pairings.

Chef's Table, highly recommend that over Chops! It's actually more for the money. We also tried Chops this last cruise, but felt as if we were being rushed out. I took two bites from my steak dinner and the waiter asked if we were ready for dessert. NO. Do CT instead. Much more relaxed and you will be sitting with others, making it a very fun and social experience!

2 hours ago, johnjen said:

Chef's Table, highly recommend that over Chops! It's actually more for the money. We also tried Chops this last cruise, but felt as if we were being rushed out. I took two bites from my steak dinner and the waiter asked if we were ready for dessert. NO. Do CT instead. Much more relaxed and you will be sitting with others, making it a very fun and social experience!

Funnily enough every time we’ve dined in Chops Grille we’ve found it to be quite the opposite experience always had fabulous waiters superb food together with fantastic service and never have been rushed.

It maybe that we never eat until late 20.00 or 20.30 so are probably the last diners in.

We’ve only once eaten at Chefs Table and although quite enjoyed the experience wouldn’t do it again.

As others have correctly said before making a reservation it’s probably best to view not only the menu but the wine list also.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, george35 said:

On the Adventure in 15 days & would like to know if wine is included in dinner in CHOPS?

george35

Only the special dinners (Mystery Dinner, Chef's Table, etc.) include wine.