12 days in Italy

waterbug123

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

So glad this was so positive!  😊😊

Thanks so much......the last 4 days have been a PITA though:classic_sad:...the area is very sore and I even called the Dr

yesterday (yes on Saturday) they called me back and said what I am describing is normal......redness and such.

My post op appt to see the Dr is on Tuesday morning and hoping I will know more after that visit. I don't really

like to take pain meds but I needed to in this case (he had prescribed me some stuff to take as needed).

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much......the last 4 days have been a PITA though:classic_sad:...the area is very sore and I even called the Dr

yesterday (yes on Saturday) they called me back and said what I am describing is normal......redness and such.

My post op appt to see the Dr is on Tuesday morning and hoping I will know more after that visit. I don't really

like to take pain meds but I needed to in this case (he had prescribed me some stuff to take as needed).

Bleh, what a way to spend a holiday weekend :(   Pain meds scare me too, but I think your body is better able to heal itself when it isn't stressed by pain.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I agree -- with the coming of the internet and social media, trends seem to spread much faster and more universally, although I do recall seeing the down jackets starting to appear a couple of years in Europe before they caught on here as much. 

I forgot to mention that I saw lots and lots of the "faux fur" and "fuzzy" jackets in shop windows in Rome. A few on the streets. I wonder if it will be the next outerwear trend?  I hope not -- to me, they look like something best worn by kids under the age of 15!

Yes, Instagram, style bloggers, it all seems to have made trends travel much more quickly.   & yes, I see a lot of the faux fur vests around here... mostly on teenagers but I have to admit I wouldn't mind  one to wear with jeans & boots :)

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Please keep us posted on your Tues appt.  Did the dr suggest a bag of frozen peas on the red area? Just thinking if this was an injury, I would use that to reduce pain and inflammation. Keeping up the good thoughts and prayers for you!

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Please keep us posted on your Tues appt.  Did the dr suggest a bag of frozen peas on the red area? Just thinking if this was an injury, I would use that to reduce pain and inflammation. Keeping up the good thoughts and prayers for you!

Nope.....no bag of peas. They gave me ice bag before I left the hospital so I was using that on a regular basis.

Thank you for the good thoughts.

I appreciate the peas suggestion......to be honest, I just don't feel like going to the grocery store. I have a bag of frozen

broccoli.….LOL......and I decided to use a Ziploc bag with cubes.

• Like 1

I went to an ethnic grocery store and bought a bag of frozen peas in a brand I never buy so no confusion. Then I wrote on it "DO NOT EAT" with a permanent marker just to be double safe! Use and refreeze and keep for the time you need it.

Broccoli is not so form-fitting! Ice seems colder than frozen vegetables, uncomfortably so for me. 

I hope you feel better soon! (My dear Sis said her breast biopsy was one of the more painful things she has had, and she's had A LOT of medical procedures!)

The biopsy I had 2 weeks prior...….part of it was painful:classic_sad:

This was the surgery....I was out for it so did not feel anything....but this recovering part? Maybe I just didn't know what to expect.

Today's icing has made it feel somewhat better....and that was with cubes in a Ziploc bag.....but

this is now day 5:classic_ohmy:.....hoping for good news at the Dr tomorrow.

I am sorry to have gotten off topic on here...…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

This was the surgery....I was out for it so did not feel anything....but this recovering part? Maybe I just didn't know what to expect.

Today's icing has made it feel somewhat better....and that was with cubes in a Ziploc bag.....but

I am so thankful surgery went well. I hope your doctor's visit is positive.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:30 PM, Lois R said:

Lois I hope you are soon past the pain and feeling better!

• Like 1