New ship

The Bullingdon Club

9 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I just saw the full Carnival Corporation press release about the new ship for the first time.

Cunard's Queen Anne: Designed with an Extraordinary New Vision

There's the expected fluff, but there is also at least one tidbit I don't think we've discussed here.

We have discussed here before what Simon Palethorpe had to say in 2019 about reducing the size of the Royal Court Theatre on the new ship.

"... passengers have given the line the greenlight to change the new ship’s theatre. “They just said, 'Just make sure the sightline is good, the acoustics are good and the seats are super comfortable,' so we’ve reduced the amount of seats to make each seat bigger, with more room and bigger arm rests.""

Now this press release provides a bit more detail about the "reimagining" of the Royal Court Theatre on Queen Anne.

"... The two-deck 825 seat space, designed by Richmond International, is inspired by the great sound halls of the world. All seating is of the utmost comfort and adorned in rich velvet providing each guest with a perfect view of the stage, where they may enjoy a wide variety of entertainment throughout the day and night."

One UK paper not known for accuracy or techncal detail described the atrium as having a 82  seat capacity.

22 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Very interesting 

3000 passengers - 825 seats available = 4 shows (potential)

Currently, evening shows usually commence @ 20.30 hours with a 2 hour spacing between shows.

Therefore, the final (4th) show could commence @ 02.30 the following day.

Or, to have the final show commenced @ 22.30 the 1st show could start @ 16.30

Thanks for doing the math. The undersized "World Stage" is one of my complaints about the K. You need to get there 45 minutes early to snag a seat. 

55 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Thanks for doing the math. The undersized "World Stage" is one of my complaints about the K. You need to get there 45 minutes early to snag a seat. 

OMG….. Yet another reason for not even thinking about boarding Anne

2 hours ago, Just2guys said:

What's the latest on the outside wrap around promenade walking deck?  I hope there is one as that is one feature we very much would miss!  Anxious to see the itineraries as well. 

Enjoying this thread...thanks.

There could be one, but not, repeat not, as one knows it.

Think there was a previous post showing the possible wrap around deck to be a very narrow one.  No room for a traditional Passeggiata or the traditional wooden deck loungers.  Carnivalization 

Yet another reason…….

On 3/11/2022 at 5:48 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Very interesting 

3000 passengers - 825 seats available = 4 shows (potential)

Currently, evening shows usually commence @ 20.30 hours with a 2 hour spacing between shows.

Therefore, the final (4th) show could commence @ 02.30 the following day.

Or, to have the final show commenced @ 22.30 the 1st show could start @ 16.30

Simple solution as Cunard seems to be seeking maximum revenue from the new ship with multiple dining experiences all they have to do is place a sur-charge on the theatre to insure that only 800 plus will buy a seat for each of the two shows. The rest of the folks can linger in the lido.

1 hour ago, Lakesregion said:

Simple solution as Cunard seems to be seeking maximum revenue from the new ship with multiple dining experiences all they have to do is place a sur-charge on the theatre to insure that only 800 plus will buy a seat for each of the two shows. The rest of the folks can linger in the lido.

Excellent point.

At least genteel Cunarders still have three true Queens, being happy to ignore this mongrel called Anne.

8 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Whatever it will be it cannot be any worse than the theatre on QM2 many of the seats on both sides are totally useless and never used because you cannot see the stage especially if its the theatre company shows.

Ditto.....

M10, I totally agree with you. We try to get early sits in the lower theater off the left side of the center orchestra.

We can not stay sitting in the Mezz side seats, either side with that plastic high shield in front of you.

You really can't get the full effect of the act or performance sideways.

I also can't understand how people actually watch shows in theaters in round in USA. 

There is a recently added on the Cunard website about the Queen Anne's design.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/inspiration/queen-anne/Unveiling-Queen-Anne/queen-anne-design-team

If you look on the right you can see the Queens Room signage.  Also a spiral staircase at the back of the room, so perhaps a proper double height room.  Might mean more seating for afternoon tea which always seems overcrowded on the QV and QE. 

Hi!  Interesting thread.   There is no way I am sailing on this new ship if she doesn't have a proper promenade deck such as exists on the three in service Cunard ships.  I don't care what the name is.  I don't care who the captain is.  I don't care what they call the various public rooms. 

Deck Chair.

3 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hi!  Interesting thread.   There is no way I am sailing on this new ship if she doesn't have a proper promenade deck such as exists on the three in service Cunard ships.  I don't care what the name is.  I don't care who the captain is.  I don't care what they call the various public rooms. 

Deck Chair.

Welcome to the true Queens Club.

17 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I'd imagine they'd have two (or at most three) shows per night and repeat shows over a voyage.

IIRC, HAL went to running shows on two nights. Early and late the first time, but I can't remember if they had one or two shows on the repeat night. I suppose going early to get a seat is better than having to book tickets in advance of the cruise as on some of the monster ships. 

Queen Anne Early 2024 Itineraries

4 January 2024 (7 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon (Overnight), 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

11 January 2024 (16 nights): Southampton, At Sea, La Coruna, 2 Days At Sea, Lanzarote, At Sea, Funchal (Overnight), Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, At Sea, Lisbon, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

27 January 2024 (35 nights): Southampton, 3 Days At Sea, Ponta Delgada, 6 Days At Sea, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, 2 Days At Sea, St Thomas, Philipsburg, Basseterre, At Sea, Bridgetown, Castries, At Sea, Road Town, 2 Days At Sea, Fort Lauderdale, 2 Days At Sea, Kings Wharf, 6 Days At Sea, Southampton.

2 March 2024 (14 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon, At Sea, Funchal (Overnight), At Sea, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, 3 Days At Sea, Southampton.

16 March 2024 (13 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Andalsnes, Trondheim, At Sea, Tromso (Overnight), Narvik (Overnight), Alesund, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

29 March 2024 (16 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon, Cadiz, 2 Days At Sea, Civitavecchia, Ajaccio, At Sea, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena, 3 Days At Sea, Southampton.

14 April 2024 (13 nights): Southampton, At Sea, Haugesund, Olden, At Sea, Trondheim, Andalsnes, Alesund, At Sea, Stavanger, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

26 April 2024 (14 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Kiel, At Sea, Helsinki, St Petersburg (Overnight), Tallinn, Visby, At Sea, Copenhagen, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

These appeared on a big TA website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiseFan94 said:

Queen Anne Early 2024 Itineraries

4 January 2024 (7 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon (Overnight), 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

11 January 2024 (16 nights): Southampton, At Sea, La Coruna, 2 Days At Sea, Lanzarote, At Sea, Funchal (Overnight), Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, At Sea, Lisbon, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

27 January 2024 (35 nights): Southampton, 3 Days At Sea, Ponta Delgada, 6 Days At Sea, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, 2 Days At Sea, St Thomas, Philipsburg, Basseterre, At Sea, Bridgetown, Castries, At Sea, Road Town, 2 Days At Sea, Fort Lauderdale, 2 Days At Sea, Kings Wharf, 6 Days At Sea, Southampton.

2 March 2024 (14 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon, At Sea, Funchal (Overnight), At Sea, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, 3 Days At Sea, Southampton.

16 March 2024 (13 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Andalsnes, Trondheim, At Sea, Tromso (Overnight), Narvik (Overnight), Alesund, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

29 March 2024 (16 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon, Cadiz, 2 Days At Sea, Civitavecchia, Ajaccio, At Sea, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena, 3 Days At Sea, Southampton.

14 April 2024 (13 nights): Southampton, At Sea, Haugesund, Olden, At Sea, Trondheim, Andalsnes, Alesund, At Sea, Stavanger, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

26 April 2024 (14 nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Kiel, At Sea, Helsinki, St Petersburg (Overnight), Tallinn, Visby, At Sea, Copenhagen, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

These appeared on a big TA website.

Ah, so the US will be spared, at least for a while.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

Ah, so the US will be spared, at least for a while.

Except for the February calls at Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale (and technically St Thomas, USVI as well).

Interesting that they've scheduled a call to St Petersburg in May 2024.

6 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Except for the February calls at Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale (and technically St Thomas, USVI as well).

Interesting that they've scheduled a call to St Petersburg in May 2024.

Agh, Blue Marble, you got me again.  I failed to note that a Ft. Lauderdale round trip was buried in the January 27 voyage.

2 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

I hope the QA won't take the place of the QE on Alaska cruises. 

Will be interesting if QA can get through the Panama Canal.  First 2 of her class are prohibited because the lifeboats hung out too far.  I think Rotterdam and QA were supposed to have redesigned mounts but not sure if it is working that way or not.  I would enjoy at least one transit through the new locks.

Roy

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Will be interesting if QA can get through the Panama Canal.  First 2 of her class are prohibited because the lifeboats hung out too far.  I think Rotterdam and QA were supposed to have redesigned mounts but not sure if it is working that way or not.  I would enjoy at least one transit through the new locks.

Roy

Would she get under the bridge?

8 minutes ago, sogne said:

Would she get under the bridge?

Can't remember the exact situation but Koningsdam actually did go through the canal without passengers early in the pandemic so the bridges should not pose a problem.

Roy