Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
shipster60

Just off Reflection

Recommended Posts

Finished a great Mediterranean Cruise today. Our first time on Reflection and she is beautiful. I wanted to  a few thins that are often asked about. We were in an Aqua stateroom on the hump. Our balcony was large and when we arrived we had two chairs with footstools and two lounge chairs like those around the pool. The loungers really took up too much room. We asked for them to be removed and they were after the second day. Our room steward was also able to change our canapés for a cheese plate and our sparkling wine for red.  I’d be glad to answer any other questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Glad you enjoyed I’m on the reflection on nov 18 out of ft lauderdale.  

 

You get on as we are getting off it from a B2B TA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on Reflection’s Lisbon to Barcelona sailing at the end of the month, immediately before the TA.  Did you have good weather all of the time?  If not, was it difficult to get a seat in Cafe al Bacio and did they allow overspill into Sushi on 5 if it was crowded?

 

I’ve taken enough Celebrity Cruises over the past few years to know that this is usually only an issue when the weather keeps people indoors so you may have been fortunate enough not to notice, particularly if yours was port intensive, as so many of the Med cruises are.

 

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are on Reflection’s Lisbon to Barcelona sailing at the end of the month, immediately before the TA.  Did you have good weather all of the time?  If not, was it difficult to get a seat in Cafe al Bacio and did they allow overspill into Sushi on 5 if it was crowded?

 

I’ve taken enough Celebrity Cruises over the past few years to know that this is usually only an issue when the weather keeps people indoors so you may have been fortunate enough not to notice, particularly if yours was port intensive, as so many of the Med cruises are.

 

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise.

 

We are on that one too !. 

Two cruises ago weather was so bad that Bacio was standing room only, as people spent the day there doing work or reading.  There was nowhere to sit on the ship since the outdoors were basically off limits a lot of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are on Reflection’s Lisbon to Barcelona sailing at the end of the month, immediately before the TA.  Did you have good weather all of the time?  If not, was it difficult to get a seat in Cafe al Bacio and did they allow overspill into Sushi on 5 if it was crowded?

 

I’ve taken enough Celebrity Cruises over the past few years to know that this is usually only an issue when the weather keeps people indoors so you may have been fortunate enough not to notice, particularly if yours was port intensive, as so many of the Med cruises are.

 

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise.

 We just got off the Reflection as well and even though the weather was nice for the whole cruise, al Bacio was always crowded and they didn't have any overflow. Very frustrating. The table service was also very slow - I waited 20+ minutes once just to get a tea. 

 

The Cafe experience and the fact that the whole ship was too warm (24-26 Degrees C, warmer in some sections of the MDR) the whole time were my two main complaints about the cruise. Otherwise we had a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nikel said:

 

We are on that one too !. 

Two cruises ago weather was so bad that Bacio was standing room only, as people spent the day there doing work or reading.  There was nowhere to sit on the ship since the outdoors were basically off limits a lot of the time.

 

Let’s hope we are luckier  🤞.  The otherwise excellent Ireland and Iceland cruise we took on Eclipse in August was like that too. We did see some people in Sushi on 5 with their Bacio refreshments but I don’t know whether it was by invitation or if they’d taken themselves there out of frustration!  Think positive, lots of sunshine and calm seas ahead 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, japlanet said:

 We just got off the Reflection as well and even though the weather was nice for the whole cruise, al Bacio was always crowded and they didn't have any overflow. Very frustrating. The table service was also very slow - I waited 20+ minutes once just to get a tea. 

 

Ah well, I’ve just lowered my expectations, but thanks for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a year or so since on Reflection, but couldn't you take your Al Bacio order over to the World Class bar area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 39august said:

Been a year or so since on Reflection, but couldn't you take your Al Bacio order over to the World Class bar area?

 

Sure, if you want to sit at an empty bar on bar stools with your coffee in a paper cup. There are no tables/chairs in the World class bar area, just bar height chairs/stools. The al Bacio staff refused to give drinks in ‘proper’ glassware unless you sat at a table and ordered with the waitstaff. If you ordered at the bar you got a paper cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know you can swap for cheese plate and red wine. I'm going to try that on my cruise next month!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Equinox and there are tables and chairs at the World Class bar on that ship. Quite a few places to sit comfortably. I don't care for coffee in a paper cup either, but rather than not use Al Bacio at all, I would try it a few times.  Will be on RF in Feb. Hope  to find someplace to enjoy specialty coffee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about service issues in al Baccio...seems that way on ither ships sometimes.

 

Maybe  folks can read , sit,  & enjoy  in the truncated upstairs lounge..?  Is the bar up there open during the day?

 

Reflection is a crowded ship generally...more people, less space...for us it was a one and done,  Hope  the Carib cruises are fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 39august said:

Been a year or so since on Reflection, but couldn't you take your Al Bacio order over to the World Class bar area?

 

If it were coffee, I'd be more inclined to take it back to my room, but usually I'm a tea drinker .... and being a Brit, like it made in a pot with a cup and saucer, so a bit more difficult/impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We we were on the Reflection Amsterdam to Barcelona cruise a few weeks ago.  The ship was in great shape and the crew was super.  It was one of our best cruises ever.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...