Just off Reflection

shipster60

Finished a great Mediterranean Cruise today. Our first time on Reflection and she is beautiful. I wanted to  a few thins that are often asked about. We were in an Aqua stateroom on the hump. Our balcony was large and when we arrived we had two chairs with footstools and two lounge chairs like those around the pool. The loungers really took up too much room. We asked for them to be removed and they were after the second day. Our room steward was also able to change our canapés for a cheese plate and our sparkling wine for red.  I’d be glad to answer any other questions. 

• Like 4

We are on Reflection’s Lisbon to Barcelona sailing at the end of the month, immediately before the TA.  Did you have good weather all of the time?  If not, was it difficult to get a seat in Cafe al Bacio and did they allow overspill into Sushi on 5 if it was crowded?

I’ve taken enough Celebrity Cruises over the past few years to know that this is usually only an issue when the weather keeps people indoors so you may have been fortunate enough not to notice, particularly if yours was port intensive, as so many of the Med cruises are.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise.

6 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are on Reflection’s Lisbon to Barcelona sailing at the end of the month, immediately before the TA.  Did you have good weather all of the time?  If not, was it difficult to get a seat in Cafe al Bacio and did they allow overspill into Sushi on 5 if it was crowded?

I’ve taken enough Celebrity Cruises over the past few years to know that this is usually only an issue when the weather keeps people indoors so you may have been fortunate enough not to notice, particularly if yours was port intensive, as so many of the Med cruises are.

We are on that one too !. 

Two cruises ago weather was so bad that Bacio was standing room only, as people spent the day there doing work or reading.  There was nowhere to sit on the ship since the outdoors were basically off limits a lot of the time.

7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We just got off the Reflection as well and even though the weather was nice for the whole cruise, al Bacio was always crowded and they didn't have any overflow. Very frustrating. The table service was also very slow - I waited 20+ minutes once just to get a tea. 

The Cafe experience and the fact that the whole ship was too warm (24-26 Degrees C, warmer in some sections of the MDR) the whole time were my two main complaints about the cruise. Otherwise we had a great time.

1 hour ago, nikel said:

We are on that one too !. 

Two cruises ago weather was so bad that Bacio was standing room only, as people spent the day there doing work or reading.  There was nowhere to sit on the ship since the outdoors were basically off limits a lot of the time.

Let’s hope we are luckier  🤞.  The otherwise excellent Ireland and Iceland cruise we took on Eclipse in August was like that too. We did see some people in Sushi on 5 with their Bacio refreshments but I don’t know whether it was by invitation or if they’d taken themselves there out of frustration!  Think positive, lots of sunshine and calm seas ahead 😉.

22 minutes ago, japlanet said:

We just got off the Reflection as well and even though the weather was nice for the whole cruise, al Bacio was always crowded and they didn't have any overflow. Very frustrating. The table service was also very slow - I waited 20+ minutes once just to get a tea. 

Ah well, I’ve just lowered my expectations, but thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Been a year or so since on Reflection, but couldn't you take your Al Bacio order over to the World Class bar area?

Sure, if you want to sit at an empty bar on bar stools with your coffee in a paper cup. There are no tables/chairs in the World class bar area, just bar height chairs/stools. The al Bacio staff refused to give drinks in ‘proper’ glassware unless you sat at a table and ordered with the waitstaff. If you ordered at the bar you got a paper cup. 

Just off Equinox and there are tables and chairs at the World Class bar on that ship. Quite a few places to sit comfortably. I don't care for coffee in a paper cup either, but rather than not use Al Bacio at all, I would try it a few times.  Will be on RF in Feb. Hope  to find someplace to enjoy specialty coffee!

Sorry to hear about service issues in al Baccio...seems that way on ither ships sometimes.

Maybe  folks can read , sit,  & enjoy  in the truncated upstairs lounge..?  Is the bar up there open during the day?

Reflection is a crowded ship generally...more people, less space...for us it was a one and done,  Hope  the Carib cruises are fun!

12 hours ago, 39august said:

Been a year or so since on Reflection, but couldn't you take your Al Bacio order over to the World Class bar area?

If it were coffee, I'd be more inclined to take it back to my room, but usually I'm a tea drinker .... and being a Brit, like it made in a pot with a cup and saucer, so a bit more difficult/impossible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:43 AM, shipster60 said:

Finished a great Mediterranean Cruise today. Our first time on Reflection and she is beautiful. I wanted to  a few thins that are often asked about. We were in an Aqua stateroom on the hump. Our balcony was large and when we arrived we had two chairs with footstools and two lounge chairs like those around the pool. The loungers really took up too much room. We asked for them to be removed and they were after the second day. Our room steward was also able to change our canapés for a cheese plate and our sparkling wine for red.  I’d be glad to answer any other questions. 

On 10/14/2019 at 1:48 AM, mrsgoggins said:

If it were coffee, I'd be more inclined to take it back to my room, but usually I'm a tea drinker .... and being a Brit, like it made in a pot with a cup and saucer, so a bit more difficult/impossible.

Do you recall the balcony number?  How was the view from your balcony?  Than you!

No, on Reflection there is an extra deck between our floor and the pool deck. There is a supply closet outside the room and I occasionally heard some noise I think was coming from there. But, overall very quiet and so convenient to everything because it's close to stairs and elevator.

AQ Class amenities are set out on the Celebrity Website.

Generally ,  breakfast and dinner  are in BLU..diff menu, smaller  more intimate than mdr.....Includes access to Thermal Suite/ Persian Garden..more Cruise points, priority boarding,  afternoon canapes, uograded shower....

More expensive

4 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

Did you have any noise from the pool deck above?

We've stayed in Aqua class hump balconies on Reflection on the deck below the pool deck and had no noise issues. Only one night when there was a pool party could we hear music while sitting on the balcony, but inside with the sliding door closed it was quiet.