For all Canadians , a great Thanksgiving special from HAL

sailingdutchy

If you are looking for some good prices for a very limited time  (until Oct 16 only) there are some cruises being offered as if the Canadian Dollar was at par with the USD  so at US price.

I just booked a 40 day cruise to Auckland for 2020 and saved a bundle . Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians !

Tony :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well done Tony 🙂 

I went looking and have yet to see the sale 😞 

No Canadian at par offerings that I can see (yet).

I found it on the HAL website.  TA’s can give it as well.  Unfortunately nothing that we can book at this time.  If there’s a different one I haven’t found it yet-this one didn’t offer many different ports. 

7E67E76F-D379-4783-9EDA-05ABB82CAFA1.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well done Tony 🙂 

I went looking and have yet to see the sale 😞 

No Canadian at par offerings that I can see (yet).

On the Home Page from HAL where they usually feature 3 specials there is this ;

canada-thanksgiving-sale-t006-t002a-lockup.png.aefac022cec014a61e63d9378ab4c894.png

From a few days ago the difference on the cruise I was watching it was about $2900 CDN  ! 

M said Book it Danno ! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I found it on the HAL website.  TA’s can give it as well.  Unfortunately nothing that we can book at this time.  If there’s a different one I haven’t found it yet-this one didn’t offer many different ports. 

7E67E76F-D379-4783-9EDA-05ABB82CAFA1.jpeg

Thanks 🙂 

It’s weird it didn’t show up when I hit the HAL site.

I try googling it.

2 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

canada-thanksgiving-sale-t006-t002a-lockup.png.aefac022cec014a61e63d9378ab4c894.png

From a few days ago the difference on the cruise I was watching it was about $2900 CDN  ! 

M said Book it Danno ! 

Thanks to you, too.

Weird, I went back to the HAL site and it showed up.  Wasn’t there 15 minutes ago.

I don’t blame Martha for saying “book it” 😉 😄 

15 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

M said Book it Danno ! 

WOO HOO 😄 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

My sailing in September is on it.  A savings of nearly $4,000.  I’ve never lucked in to this stuff before.

TA is making sure it is not non refundable so we do it right (take cancellation or not).

THANK YOU 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

WOO HOO 😄 

My sailing in September is on it.  A savings of nearly $4,000.  I’ve never lucked in to this stuff before.

TA is making sure it is not non refundable so we do it right (take cancellation or not).

THANK YOU 🙂 

1 minute ago, kazu said:

WOO HOO 😄 

THANK YOU 🙂 

Good for you Jacqui, I just noticed that your future cruise was listed, and was going to post that fact - however I do not know at what price or promo you booked..... so have no idea if it is a savings or not!

Glad it worked to your advantage....

Carol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

WOO HOO 😄 

THANK YOU 🙂 

Great to hear you lucked out also Jacqui !  Yes I also double checked that the deposit which was larger than usual is not Non Refundable  and she also said no you are fine until at least June of next year .

I am very happy it helped you !  Cheers !!! 

Tony :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

Good for you Jacqui, I just noticed that your future cruise was listed, and was going to post that fact - however I do not know at what price or promo you booked..... so have no idea if it is a savings or not!

Glad it worked to your advantage....

Carol

6 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Great to hear you lucked out also Jacqui !  Yes I also double checked that the deposit which was larger than usual is not Non Refundable  and she also said no you are fine until at least June of next year .

I am very happy it helped you !  Cheers !!! 

Tony :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Thanks both.  

I NEVER luck into this stuff or so much goes that it’s not worth while 😉 

We lose our prepaid HSC but I can handle that with the major price drop.  

And, yes, Tony, my TA confirms it’s refundable as well.  Yippee. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

Any chance that someone can post a link. I went to the HAL website but it is nowhere to be found, and no option to search.

Google didn't turn up anything either.

Thanks!

I had the same problem and then it just popped up.

Let’s see if this link works for you.  It’s right from the Thanksgiving sale.   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals_CAD/thanksgiving-sale/cruise-deals.html?destcode=multi_CADTG19_1&csvfilename=multi_CADTG19_1&ICID=HECIZ101019503#&&start=20

54 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks both.  

I NEVER luck into this stuff or so much goes that it’s not worth while 😉 

We lose our prepaid HSC but I can handle that with the major price drop.  

And, yes, Tony, my TA confirms it’s refundable as well.  Yippee. 🙂 

I recently traded off  the Explore4 with OBC of $600 for a $1700 savings in price (not this Thanksgiving sale though).   Less cruise-fare to insure!

None of my future cruises are in this Thanksgiving sale, but that’s OK - glad people did benefit from it.

Carol

• Like 1

That link goes to all listings, not just the Thanksgiving specials. You have to go on the main page and click on Thanksgiving specials - it only covers sailings that depart or arrive from Canadian ports, so no Caribbean cruises unless you're sailing from Vancouver.

Edited by barb-ottawa

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

I can't find it, tried your link and it says errors. Maybe it knows I'm not in Canada. 

Yea, it know you are not in Canada, if you are not.

don’t see any benefit unless you want to pay in Canadian dollar.

If you do, you need to go to ani internet site that will let you pretend you are in Canada.

• Like 1

Well, I’m in Gander and had to go through 110 pages out of 184 on my little phone, but I found our cruise, and it seems to have gone down quite a lot , so I emailed our PCC and also about a couple of other cruises.  So thank you Tony and Jacqui.  We will be in a bunch of airports tomorrow, so I hope I will hear from her.  I think we are also within 60 days f returning from our last cruise...

• Thanks 1