For all Canadians , a great Thanksgiving special from HAL

sailingdutchy

1 hour ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Looks like we'd save over $3,000 on our Vancouver to Buenos Aries cruise next Oct. Have sent our PCC to see how it effects our existing extras.

I mentioned your exact cruise to my hubby but he didn’t give me to go ahead-I’d rather do this one than the one we have booked in Europe.  

8 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I mentioned your exact cruise to my hubby but he didn’t give me to go ahead-I’d rather do this one than the one we have booked in Europe.  

Hey - twist his arm a little harder.

Special pricing like this is available only for Canadian departures and don't come up very often.

There's already another couple from Edmonton going - so we can have our own little Canuck group.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

Hey - twist his arm a little harder.

Special pricing like this is available only for Canadian departures and don't come up very often.

There's already another couple from Edmonton going - so we can have our own little Canuck group.

I tried to especially since he was born in BA!!  Said it was the only way I’d go that far when the ship leaves from Vancouver!!  

All Canadians - check your pricing on ALL your cruises.  I just discovered it applied to another sailing NOT on the embarkation ports listed.  

It depends on your cabin category of course and your bennies you have, but, if this comes to fruition, I will have to do two happy dances 😄 💚

• Like 1

My advice would be to get the cruise booked or re-fared  ASAP. Don’t sleep on it.

We took advantage of a similar offer on a Princess cruise two years ago.  We booked immediately.   One of the very few times we have booked outside the final payment window,  The offer vanished by the end of the day.

Edited by iancal

This special is only on for a few more days so take advantage of it .

I had a great deal and than Jacqui and some others followed up also and saved some major bucks . Not very often you get a cruised priced with our Canadian dollar at par with the American . That only happened a few years ago when our dollar was worth more and I bought a few of them ! 

Thank you Tony 🙂 😄❤️ 

I got it on my Zuiderdam cruise too.  A $3100 savings + additional OBC and internet.  I gave up the SBP (big deal - we like wine over the price of SBP).

Your post was very helpful and very appreciated.  I hope karma repays you and you have the best cruise ever 😄 

On 10/12/2019 at 3:41 PM, kazu said:

I had the same problem and then it just popped up.

Let’s see if this link works for you.  It’s right from the Thanksgiving sale.   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals_CAD/thanksgiving-sale/cruise-deals.html?destcode=multi_CADTG19_1&csvfilename=multi_CADTG19_1&ICID=HECIZ101019503#&&start=20

Yippee.  I just booked a 14 day cruise to Alaska on the Maasdam out of Vancouver.  And I got a sweet price for single occupancy,  a small refundable deposit and lots of OBC from HAL!! Thank you, thank you.

Edited by Sue from Canada
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in Canada!  Happy future sailings!  It's lovely to catch a sale, regardless of the occasion for the sale prices.  

Thank you.  I was able to make a booking.  Here's hoping HAL will have a Thanksgiving sale next month for our US friends.

12 minutes ago, Sue from Canada said:

Yippee.  I just booked a 14 day cruise to Alaska on the Maasdam out of Vancouver.  And I got a sweet price for single occupancy,  a small refundable deposit and lots of OBC from HAL!! Thank you, thank you.

Would you mind revealing how small was the deposit? I investigated two different cruises but found that the deposit was higher than I had expected.

47 minutes ago, trixiee said:

Have these savings occured in the past?  We want to do something big - but it won't happen until 2021... I could certainly wait to book if we get these limited time offers once per year...

Not usually.  There was one way back but it was no biggie as we were at par nearly.

My TA doesn’t remember a sale like this so if you see something you like and it qualifies, I’d snatch it.  You can always cancel.  All of mine are refundable.  🙂 

And with the way our exchange rate is, it’s a welcome Thanksgiving gift.  I’ve sailed a substantial amount of $ on both my cruises.

Hurry - The sale ends on the 16th.

I think I'll lock one in... I'm pretty sure we won't be able to take advantage of it,  but who knows?  We're both retiring in 2021, but I see one of our bucket list items on the list...  We've always wanted to take in a bit of Newfoundland, and there's one listed with 3 stops!

Thanks for your response Kazu!

41 minutes ago, trixiee said:

I think I'll lock one in... I'm pretty sure we won't be able to take advantage of it,  but who knows?  We're both retiring in 2021, but I see one of our bucket list items on the list...  We've always wanted to take in a bit of Newfoundland, and there's one listed with 3 stops!

Thanks for your response Kazu!

Happy to help 🙂 

3 stops in Newfoundland sound wonderful.  The people there are so great.

Go for it - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks for all your help so far. One more question for those who have already paid a deposit.

Since the booking is on the .com site, will the amount charged be in Canadian dollars or will the total be converted to the US equivalent?  The TA to whom I spoke did not seem to understand my concern.

30 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

Thanks for all your help so far. One more question for those who have already paid a deposit.

Since the booking is on the .com site, will the amount charged be in Canadian dollars or will the total be converted to the US equivalent?  The TA to whom I spoke did not seem to understand my concern.

It will be in Canadian dollars.  If your TA is doing the booking tell them Canadian dollars.

HAL knows I am Canadian and automatically prices in Canadian dollars 🙂 

What I saw on the site (took a screen shot) and my refaring by my TA were exactly the same.

Thanks Jacqui.

I am trying to do this on my own, as there is not much in it for a TA (the one to whom I was referring was a customer service agent for HAL). I guess I can try to pay online and see how the total is displayed before confirming.

Cheers.