No more suite amenities i.e. Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion.

Kentucky816

We are currently on the Legend Journey Cruise having a great time.  This is more of and FYI for those expecting these amenities to be in your Suite( OS, GS etc), as they have before.  Our cabin steward has said they are no more on Carnival, only to be given in Spa or Havana suites.  They do have the dispenser on shower wall that has shampoo/ conditioner??!! (Maybe shampoo but most definitely not a combo) and then shower gel.  Kinda shocked that they would do away with them, I wish I knew......I definitely need conditioner.  😕 Sorry if this topic has been discussed, maybe it will help someone else. 

Edited by Kentucky816
Clarification

Best advice is: if you are particular about your shampoo & conditioner, bring your own. Yes they do provide shampoo and shower gel in dispensers, but not of the highest quality, IMO, and no conditioner. Good enough for me but not my wife. 

Glad you're having a great time! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kentucky816 said:

We are currently on the Legend Journey Cruise having a great time.  This is more of and FYI for those expecting these amenities to be in your Suite( OS, GS etc), as they have before.  Our cabin steward has said they are no more on Carnival, only to be given in Spa or Havana suites.  They do have the dispenser on shower wall that has shampoo/ conditioner??!! (Maybe shampoo but most definitely not a combo) and then shower gel.  Kinda shocked that they would do away with them, I wish I knew......I definitely need conditioner.  😕 Sorry if this topic has been discussed, maybe it will help someone else. 

Carnival's brand ambassador said that they were doing away with individual toiletries a few weeks ago.  It was supposed to be in all cabin types if I remember correctly.  Not sure why your steward said they were included in spa and Havana suites. For suites, the wall dispensers are supposed to be filled with upgraded quality shampoo and gel.  I don't know how you could really tell, though.  I would prefer to have the individual containers, but I believe they are becoming a thing of the past.  Even some hotel chains are doing away with them.  Glad you are having a good time!  We will be on the Legend in a few months. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We have our first spa cabin next week.  I am looking forward to the special toiletries.  It's not the reason  we booked a spa cabin, but it's a nice extra. 

Were they really all that special or were they just different? I generally bring travel sizes of everything I need. I'd rather have trusted products than random items provided by a hotel or ship.

10 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Were they really all that special or were they just different? I generally bring travel sizes of everything I need. I'd rather have trusted products than random items provided by a hotel or ship.

That's what we do. And we're never surprised or disappointed. Peace of mind is everything to us.

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That's what we do. And we're never surprised or disappointed. Peace of mind is everything to us.

I just have a set of refillable travel size bottles....they get filled with whatever I use at home and are always in my toiletries bag ready to go.

• Like 1

They used to give conditioner?  The things you learn from other cruisers!  This is great!

I've been traveling with Carnival for 12 years or so, don't remember conditioner!

I have very long hair - I bring my own everywhere I go anyway.

Have fun...

53 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

No, they weren't really special at all.  Just a nice little (very insignificant) extra that came with Suites.  They were replenished daily or as needed by the Room Steward and they were nice to have.  I liked having the little bottle of lotion with me while out and about onboard and in port, in my wristlet or beach bag, as my hands tend to dry out from all the hand-washing and extra sanitizing I do on a cruise.  And it was nice, also, knowing conditioner was one less thing that I needed to pack because it would be there for me on the bathroom vanity each day. 

It's not a big deal, I'll just start bringing my own travel size bottles of conditioner and lotion.  It's just a little sad.  Even cheap, 2-star hotels provide toiletries. But I have to provide my own when booking a Grand Suite on Carnival.:classic_rolleyes: I'm not upset.  I'm only slightly disappointed.  And I'm not surprised by this cutback in the slightest.

24 minutes ago, marci4tony said:

They used to give conditioner?  The things you learn from other cruisers!  This is great!

I've been traveling with Carnival for 12 years or so, don't remember conditioner!

I have very long hair - I bring my own everywhere I go anyway.

Have fun...

Yes, in Suites.  Small bottles of (slightly better than in the wall pump) shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

They were definitely upgraded. Can't remember the name right now.  I bring my own hair products, but I actually used them.  I don't use the shampoo in the regular dispensers because I end up with scary hair. Lol. I also bring my own travel size of the items I use at home.  For me, it's not a big loss to not have them, but I would have been disappointed to have counted on them and then found out they were not available. It's not like you can run out to a store and pick something up.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Carnival's brand ambassador said that they were doing away with individual toiletries a few weeks ago.  It was supposed to be in all cabin types if I remember correctly.  Not sure why your steward said they were included in spa and Havana suites. For suites, the wall dispensers are supposed to be filled with upgraded quality shampoo and gel.  I don't know how you could really tell, though.  I would prefer to have the individual containers, but I believe they are becoming a thing of the past.  Even some hotel chains are doing away with them.  Glad you are having a good time!  We will be on the Legend in a few months. 

I'm  skeptical that they would do away with them in the Spa rooms as the Elemis toiletries are a big part of their sales pitch for them.

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

They are Elemis products.   They are a relatively high end product.  We sell them at Macy's.   I hardly ever get a sales pitch because I tell them I work for Macy's and I get them at a discount. 

Edited by Butterbean1000

We were on the Valor 2 weeks ago in a suite and I noticed no little bottles and I knew we had always had them in the suites.   The shampoo didnt really matter to me but I did want the lotion since I didn't bring any.  I asked our room steward and he brought several bottles that night.  He didn't say they were doing away with them he just apologized for them not being there.  I'll be sure and take lotion with me on the Magic next month just in case.

4 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

They are Elemis products.   They are a relatively high end product.  We sell them at Macy's.   I hardly ever get a sales pitch because I tell them I work for Macy's and I get them at a discount. 

Were the toiletries in the non-Spa Suites Elemis?  When I Google images of Carnival Elemis  products, those labels don't look familiar.

ETA: I have never stayed in a Spa Suite, only OS, VS, and GS.

Edited by ShakyBeef

29 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Were the toiletries in the non-Spa Suites Elemis?  When I Google images of Carnival Elemis  products, those labels don't look familiar.

ETA: I have never stayed in a Spa Suite, only OS, VS, and GS.

I don't know about the non-spa suites or any suite, we've never stayed in either.  We're staying in a balcony spa cabin. Not suite. I apologize for the confusion. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kentucky816 said:

This was discussed in the context of other changes Carnival announced/made a few months ago to reduce the amount of plastic they had to (eventually) dispose of.  It's interesting to note that they're implementing this, so thank you for sharing.

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Just because something is expensive or is sold at Macy's doesn't make it high end.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Why is this even a topic? All it turns into is more cranky people who can't consume more stuff for "free".

What makes something free? Didn't you have to pay to cruise? it used to be in all cabins not just suites.along with toothbrushes and tooth paste and other toiletries in a basket in the bath room.Carnival is low rent but let's not get any lower.i guess you can bring your own sleeping bag next or a cot.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Why is this even a topic? All it turns into is more cranky people who can't consume more stuff for "free".

Who is cranky?  Yours is the first post on this thread which even comes close to "cranky".  And it's a topic because the OP was considerate enough to make it one.  It is of interest to those of us that book Suites.  As I stated earlier, I, for one, am grateful the OP let us know about it so that we can plan accordingly.  But if this topic is upsetting you so much, you know what to do.

• Like 5