Crown & Anchor Diamond Lounge notice

kimala

41 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Fully understand the letter. However,  why not unlimit the number of drinks from 3 to whatever during the HH?

That would reduce thre amount of people in the DL and still provide the true benefit of the DL HH.

This is a perk wer have earned over years of cruising on RCI. Now they are trying to limit their perks making it sound like they are really giving you more. Don't think so! 

I'm not understanding your claim that they're trying to limit the perks. They're just limiting  the venue to the DL. You can still get your 3 drinks elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

So the Allure doesn't have a CL that D+ can also use? 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

So the Allure doesn't have a CL that D+ can also use? 

SL on Deck 17 so no.

We are on Allure next June after her amp so hope they don't move the DL.

14 minutes ago, Big_G said:

I'm not understanding your claim that they're trying to limit the perks. They're just limiting  the venue to the DL. You can still get your 3 drinks elsewhere. 

I was thinking the same thing, but if you're IN the DL during happy hour it sounds like you can go above 3 drinks with no extra charge. Therefore that "perk" disappears if they don't do the same elsewhere on the ship. Hence the desire to actually be physically in the DL for everyone that figures they'll go above 3 drinks in the couple hours of "Happy Hour".

(I do stand to be corrected though)

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

I was thinking the same thing, but if you're IN the DL during happy hour it sounds like you can go above 3 drinks with no extra charge. Therefore that "perk" disappears if they don't do the same elsewhere on the ship. Hence the desire to actually be physically in the DL for everyone that figures they'll go above 3 drinks in the couple hours of "Happy Hour".

(I do stand to be corrected though)

I was forgetting there's no limit in the DL. We don't use it much because of the drink package so the limits escaped me.

1 minute ago, Tulsacoker said:

I think the 3 drinks loaded on you sea pass was very nice of RCI to do. Wish they would do that for Suite guests as well 

Before the Suite Lounge,  they had a CL which D+ could attend. Now they have done away with the CL and call it the SL only four Suite and Pen. That is a cut back.

4 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

So what was the purpose to having both a CL and DL on the same ship?  

Different guests in each lounge:

CL: suite guests, D+ and above.

DL: Diamond and above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Different guests in each lounge:

CL: suite guests, D+ and above.

DL: Diamond and above.

Host Clarea, I must say you are the most active and informative host on all of CC. Everyone should say a BIG THANK YOU! 

Here is mine THANK YOU. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kimala said:

Oh I know...we had no problem with them being on board. And their costumes were incredible! The only time I was “inconvenienced” was when hubby and I wanted to wander around onthe pool deck one evening and they were holding a cocktail party if you didnt have a wrist band for being with the “High Seas Group”.

They are a great group.  About 7 years ago we were cruising out of PC on Carnival (with friends who asked us lol) and the Hogs on the High Seas were staying at our hotel.  Our ship had a delayed arrival so we were hanging out around the pool at the Radisson and the group couldn't have nicer.  They were friendly and offered us beer :-).  They are one of the least rude groups sailing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BND said:

We like ships that have both.  We use the CL when there is one.

So do we.  Like to float back and forth between the CL & DL.  Hopefully Radiance class & smaller will keep the CL.  Just a matter of time before none of the bigger ships have a CL.  By the time I reach P they'll probably be banned from the SL as well!

• Like 1

Humor me please!  I'll be diamond for the first time for my June cruise on the Oasis.  I don't drink.  Will I be able to go up to any bar and grab three bottles of water?  Probably sounds silly to most, but that would make me very happy.  Thanks

1 minute ago, PokrChick said:

Humor me please!  I'll be diamond for the first time for my June cruise on the Oasis.  I don't drink.  Will I be able to go up to any bar and grab three bottles of water?  Probably sounds silly to most, but that would make me very happy.  Thanks

I think this is the right answer. 

Only during Cocktail Hours and one at a time. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Fully understand the letter. However,  why not unlimit the number of drinks from 3 to whatever during the HH?

That would reduce thre amount of people in the DL and still provide the true benefit of the DL HH.

This is a perk wer have earned over years of cruising on RCI. Now they are trying to limit their perks making it sound like they are really giving you more. Don't think so! 

Double post.

Edited by akcruz

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Unfortunately people would then just share their Diamond drinks with whoever making it a potential free for all during HH.  In the lounge they know who is drinking those drinks.  Yes some may take one out of the lounge for others but it isn't as easy or such a quantity.  By limiting people to 3 drinks outside the lounge even if they are shared it limits it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We might start cruising Royal regularly again if they do this. Long overdue.

two more RC cruises already booked next year then wife and I will be looking at Celebrity cruises

Edited by Tulsacoker

13 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

or look at it this way... they enforce the suite lounge to suite guests only 😉

I hear what you're saying, but it stinks when you're used to having two private lounges to access being reduced to one.  I know, first world problems and it certainly isn't the end of the world and I will still enjoy every one of my cruises.

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

two more RC cruises next year then wife and I will be looking at Celebrity cruises

We generally always get a GS. We were cruising on Royal 5-8 times a year. A few of those 3/4 days but typically we were doing at minimum of 3 seven night cruises a calendar year. We did two Presidents Cruises. The one on Freedom out of Barcelona was amazing. Great excursions with MB. Only 30 Pinnacles onboard. We learned to love the SL/CK experience on Oasis Class. All that changed on last years Presidents Cruise that was overwhelmed with Pinnacles. It was a horrible experience in the SL/CK. This years cruise sounds like more numbers.  

We are doing some different vacations now. One 15 day River Cruise and a few land based vacations. Royal lost our $ until they make adjustments. 

• Like 1