John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Can't remember if I asked you to please say "Hi" to Rahul from me (Sherri Zedd).  I think he is in the SL.  

Enjoy your cruises!!!!😀

We spoke with him last night. He remembers Laura more than me. Go figure

6 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

Lilly did a line for Target last month, part of the 20th Anniversary Collection. Good or bad for a higher end brand? Not sure. Some pieces still available online and in store. 

LaLa would say bad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Our taxman takes everything 😬

That's what the Beatles said. 

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

After a great lunch in Coadtal Kitchen, we headed to our cabin at 1:15. 

No luck, cabins ready at 1:30, so we sat down in Dazzles.  I guess I should have checked first. Now in my defense, Deck 17 sign said cabins ready at 1pm.

Our CP view is nice. The bench seat is very cool. The view is obstructed, but that's a good thing in CP. 😉

20191026_154433.thumb.jpg.514dee97a4c25df68e75ad983a8050de.jpg

20191026_133001.thumb.jpg.6376c3a03e89f2a905849438a261dbcd.jpg

20191026_133026.thumb.jpg.ba8ee906521febb29352bf343e8b4b87.jpg

• Like 1

I found the luggage right before two, down the hall about 100'. 30 meters for the rest of the world. 😉

Got all our stuff packed away with minimal bickering.  That's a plus. I got the closet by the bathroom,  Laura got everything else. 🤣

4 bottles of water, two Corona, one White Zin, and a plate of cookies were already here. Fruit bowl came around 1:45. No banana. I'm guessing remainder of wine to come later. Most ships seem to deliver all 3 at once lately, but 1 at a time is fine.

Here is the entertainment matrix for the week. We asked Rahul to move our comedy Club to day 4 at 9pm. Wasn't a problem.

20191026_152351.thumb.jpg.1eae9caf968a12ed2402ab75f093b9ee.jpg

The handy magnet above was a gift from my new favorite TA. 😁

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green. 😱

20191026_152409.thumb.jpg.244faf9216457ae071dbdcdd38fa8f18.jpg

• Like 2

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green.

John-We had that card in our cabin when we boarded Symphony also. Room Steward left it there by accident after cleaning. 

• Like 2

Apparently the cabin wine wasn't cold yet, so I was sent up to SL for a pre muster wine. Got another beer as well. I think we are on round 3 now. 

Forgot to mention, we have matching yellow Wow bands.  No idea why they do it that way.  I need to mark mine before we get them confused. I do like them, especially when double fisting a booze delivery. 

Muster was entertaining. We were in E1, Rising Tide, but were directed to sit in NextCruise.  A late arrival couple sat behind us and he proceeded to massage her calfs and rub her feet while she squealed and giggled. 😱

Way to much PDA for muster, or for anywhere I guess.

This was a time that I actually wanted to watch Blair and Oliver. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

~snip~

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green. 😱

~snip~

They had cards in the slot on Harmony in Sept. when we were there.  I always take an extra expired card to use in the slot but didn't need it.....

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently the cabin wine wasn't cold yet, so I was sent up to SL for a pre muster wine. Got another beer as well. I think we are on round 3 now. 

Forgot to mention, we have matching yellow Wow bands.  No idea why they do it that way.  I need to mark mine before we get them confused. I do like them, especially when double fisting a booze delivery. 

Muster was entertaining. We were in E1, Rising Tide, but were directed to sit in NextCruise.  A late arrival couple sat behind us and he proceeded to massage her calfs and rub her feet while she squealed and giggled. 😱

Way to much PDA for muster, or for anywhere I guess.

This was a time that I actually wanted to watch Blair and Oliver. 🤣

If I remember right from. Anthem, wow band colors correspond to muster stations

Edited by kkfw1994
  • Thanks 1

Up to the SL for happy hour. We aren't going to stay long, our dinner isnt until 7:30. Two more beers for me and wine for Laura.

Appetizers were nice.

20191026_211215.thumb.jpg.1bb3ef3ea72306d2361f11b242e353dc.jpg

20191026_211230.thumb.jpg.6c902735f1fd958e45c26d9eaad43a41.jpg

They had the eggs from Wonderland 

20191026_211304.thumb.jpg.a48e48d1945995375a44ffd87855e486.jpg

But no smoke. 

Overall it wasn't crowded, but several of the CK tables were being used.

On a side note, we were entertained by several kids using the slides ahead of opening. AO staff not amused. I blame a dad for showing his son how to open the netting. 

20191026_211147.thumb.jpg.0dc3f0a1d8754a6c73d2215a5a24a1e9.jpg

5 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

~snip~

~snip~

They had cards in the slot on Harmony in Sept. when we were there.  I always take an extra expired card to use in the slot but didn't need it.....

I typically use my old C&A card

Walked around ship after Happy Hour. Lost of subtle differences.  I think they got it right. 

Hooked looks fun, we eat there tonight. 

Solarium seems nice as well, pool is a little small, but it was empty. I'm sure it will be packed today.

El Loco was hopping. We had a little snack of the pulled pork. Very good for being cooked onboard. We will be back.

Sunset on the way to dinner 

20191026_185428.thumb.jpg.c8de8c7eb19b410c19d51d1edb1b1639.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Cabin attendants have been either providing a card or telling us to put a card in the slot since these switches were installed. They had them on harmony too. Is the “new” part the fact that the cabin attendant put the card in there for you?   I like a card in the slot as I can turn off the cabin lights yet the plugs will still charge anything that needs it. We find these light sockets all over, especially in Europe.

i’m still “going green“ as long as I turn off the lights.

your CP view cabin looks to be the same as a standard balcony cabin configuration. Looks to be about the same size also. We find that cabin to be more than adequate and when we were on our last Harmony back to back, even had empty shelves.

enjoy -symphony does everything right!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If the happy hour food in the DL is anything like what you are showing in the SL I might have to start visiting during happy hour.

Nothing like an at sea sunset... nice pic.

We have a honey comb this morning up on 17. 

Pretty cool

20191027_084254.thumb.jpg.be6e2d42f8e54cb5d269c6d5c934bd40.jpg

Laura added it to her 'tea' this morning 👍

Edited by John&LaLa

44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Cabin attendants have been either providing a card or telling us to put a card in the slot since these switches were installed. They had them on harmony too. Is the “new” part the fact that the cabin attendant put the card in there for you?   I like a card in the slot as I can turn off the cabin lights yet the plugs will still charge anything that needs it. We find these light sockets all over, especially Europe 

We've seen the key switch before, just never had a card in it. Heck, they even had them on Freedom for the cabins added up on 12 during her last drydock

My last two times on Anthem there was a card in the light switch.  I will keep my expired gift cards in my carry on until I see that this is a permanent switch.  

Thanks for another great review, John.  Always appreciate folks who do this for the rest of us.  Hope you and Laura has a wonderful trip.  Katherine

• Like 1