Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, Mizzou has apparently completely gone to crap.  On the upside the Tarheels beat Duke despite themselves.  The Blues sucked in the Stanley Cup rematch against Boston, and Tiger is still killing it in Japan.  Verstappan is on pole tomorrow from Mexico City, and Lewis Hamilton has his work cut out for him tomorrow.  Bottas crashed at the end of Quali and may have to start from pit lane.  The Chiefs play the packers Sunday night without Patrick Mahomes which is sad.  

 

There is your sports update.

 

jc

Always a sunny day when the Tar Heels win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Andy C said:

 

There is a Lilly store right next our house at Merrick Park in Coral Gables.

 

I think we saw that on Google Maps when we were on Empress this summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Can't remember if I asked you to please say "Hi" to Rahul from me (Sherri Zedd).  I think he is in the SL.  

 

Enjoy your cruises!!!!😀

 

We spoke with him last night. He remembers Laura more than me. Go figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

Lilly did a line for Target last month, part of the 20th Anniversary Collection. Good or bad for a higher end brand? Not sure. Some pieces still available online and in store. 

 

LaLa would say bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Our taxman takes everything 😬

 

That's what the Beatles said. 

 

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atush said:

Always a sunny day when the Tar Heels win

 

A friend of mine refers to them as Tar Holes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got up to early it seems. No lights in SL.

20191027_061727.thumb.jpg.efc19a9ef3669418115089fe040860db.jpg

 

But plenty of window seats😉

 

Let's see if we can finish yesterday now

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a great lunch in Coadtal Kitchen, we headed to our cabin at 1:15. 

No luck, cabins ready at 1:30, so we sat down in Dazzles.  I guess I should have checked first. Now in my defense, Deck 17 sign said cabins ready at 1pm.

 

Our CP view is nice. The bench seat is very cool. The view is obstructed, but that's a good thing in CP. 😉

20191026_154433.thumb.jpg.514dee97a4c25df68e75ad983a8050de.jpg

 

20191026_133001.thumb.jpg.6376c3a03e89f2a905849438a261dbcd.jpg

 

20191026_133026.thumb.jpg.ba8ee906521febb29352bf343e8b4b87.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the luggage right before two, down the hall about 100'. 30 meters for the rest of the world. 😉

 

Got all our stuff packed away with minimal bickering.  That's a plus. I got the closet by the bathroom,  Laura got everything else. 🤣

 

4 bottles of water, two Corona, one White Zin, and a plate of cookies were already here. Fruit bowl came around 1:45. No banana. I'm guessing remainder of wine to come later. Most ships seem to deliver all 3 at once lately, but 1 at a time is fine.

 

Here is the entertainment matrix for the week. We asked Rahul to move our comedy Club to day 4 at 9pm. Wasn't a problem.

20191026_152351.thumb.jpg.1eae9caf968a12ed2402ab75f093b9ee.jpg

 

The handy magnet above was a gift from my new favorite TA. 😁

 

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green. 😱

20191026_152409.thumb.jpg.244faf9216457ae071dbdcdd38fa8f18.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green.

 

John-We had that card in our cabin when we boarded Symphony also. Room Steward left it there by accident after cleaning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the cabin wine wasn't cold yet, so I was sent up to SL for a pre muster wine. Got another beer as well. I think we are on round 3 now. 

 

Forgot to mention, we have matching yellow Wow bands.  No idea why they do it that way.  I need to mark mine before we get them confused. I do like them, especially when double fisting a booze delivery. 

 

Muster was entertaining. We were in E1, Rising Tide, but were directed to sit in NextCruise.  A late arrival couple sat behind us and he proceeded to massage her calfs and rub her feet while she squealed and giggled. 😱

Way to much PDA for muster, or for anywhere I guess.

 

This was a time that I actually wanted to watch Blair and Oliver. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our first Bella sighting. 

IMG_0468.thumb.jpg.a9fbf5d23986d7bb11f696f3d352705c.jpg

 

Yesterday was Blessing of the animals at the CB Lutheran church.  Linda took her for us.  Im told she behaved. This is Pastor Jay. He and his wife like to cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~snip~

 

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green. 😱

 

~snip~

 

They had cards in the slot on Harmony in Sept. when we were there.  I always take an extra expired card to use in the slot but didn't need it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently the cabin wine wasn't cold yet, so I was sent up to SL for a pre muster wine. Got another beer as well. I think we are on round 3 now. 

 

Forgot to mention, we have matching yellow Wow bands.  No idea why they do it that way.  I need to mark mine before we get them confused. I do like them, especially when double fisting a booze delivery. 

 

Muster was entertaining. We were in E1, Rising Tide, but were directed to sit in NextCruise.  A late arrival couple sat behind us and he proceeded to massage her calfs and rub her feet while she squealed and giggled. 😱

Way to much PDA for muster, or for anywhere I guess.

 

This was a time that I actually wanted to watch Blair and Oliver. 🤣

If I remember right from. Anthem, wow band colors correspond to muster stations

Edited by kkfw1994

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to the SL for happy hour. We aren't going to stay long, our dinner isnt until 7:30. Two more beers for me and wine for Laura.

 

Appetizers were nice.

20191026_211215.thumb.jpg.1bb3ef3ea72306d2361f11b242e353dc.jpg

 

20191026_211230.thumb.jpg.6c902735f1fd958e45c26d9eaad43a41.jpg

 

They had the eggs from Wonderland 

20191026_211304.thumb.jpg.a48e48d1945995375a44ffd87855e486.jpg

 

But no smoke. 

 

Overall it wasn't crowded, but several of the CK tables were being used.

 

On a side note, we were entertained by several kids using the slides ahead of opening. AO staff not amused. I blame a dad for showing his son how to open the netting. 

20191026_211147.thumb.jpg.0dc3f0a1d8754a6c73d2215a5a24a1e9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

~snip~

 

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green. 😱

 

~snip~

 

They had cards in the slot on Harmony in Sept. when we were there.  I always take an extra expired card to use in the slot but didn't need it.....

 

I typically use my old C&A card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We spoke with him last night. He remembers Laura more than me. Go figure

Rahul "remembered" my wife even though we had never met him before. He insisted repeatedly. It's an act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Rahul "remembered" my wife even though we had never met him before. He insisted repeatedly. It's an act.

Or just wishful thinking on his part 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walked around ship after Happy Hour. Lost of subtle differences.  I think they got it right. 

 

Hooked looks fun, we eat there tonight. 

Solarium seems nice as well, pool is a little small, but it was empty. I'm sure it will be packed today.

 

El Loco was hopping. We had a little snack of the pulled pork. Very good for being cooked onboard. We will be back.

 

Sunset on the way to dinner 

20191026_185428.thumb.jpg.c8de8c7eb19b410c19d51d1edb1b1639.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Here is something new. Symphony crew puts a key card in the slot for your cabin lights. So much for being green. 😱

 

Cabin attendants have been either providing a card or telling us to put a card in the slot since these switches were installed. They had them on harmony too. Is the “new” part the fact that the cabin attendant put the card in there for you?   I like a card in the slot as I can turn off the cabin lights yet the plugs will still charge anything that needs it. We find these light sockets all over, especially in Europe.

 

i’m still “going green“ as long as I turn off the lights.

 

your CP view cabin looks to be the same as a standard balcony cabin configuration. Looks to be about the same size also. We find that cabin to be more than adequate and when we were on our last Harmony back to back, even had empty shelves.

 

enjoy -symphony does everything right!

M

 

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the happy hour food in the DL is anything like what you are showing in the SL I might have to start visiting during happy hour.

 

Nothing like an at sea sunset... nice pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If the happy hour food in the DL is anything like what you are showing in the SL I might have to start visiting during happy hour.

 

Nothing like an at sea sunset... nice pic.

 

We have a honey comb this morning up on 17. 

Pretty cool

20191027_084254.thumb.jpg.be6e2d42f8e54cb5d269c6d5c934bd40.jpg

 

Laura added it to her 'tea' this morning 👍

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Cabin attendants have been either providing a card or telling us to put a card in the slot since these switches were installed. They had them on harmony too. Is the “new” part the fact that the cabin attendant put the card in there for you?   I like a card in the slot as I can turn off the cabin lights yet the plugs will still charge anything that needs it. We find these light sockets all over, especially Europe 

 

We've seen the key switch before, just never had a card in it. Heck, they even had them on Freedom for the cabins added up on 12 during her last drydock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...