John&LaLa Live B2B from Symphony 10/26 and 11/2, Great Expectations 🎂

John&LaLa

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think John’s too polite to say it, but just a reminder to some folks responding to him.  Please don’t quote with photos attached, unless you have a specific question about one of them.

John asked at the beginning of his live review that we don’t do this. As a live reviewer I know that it is extra work/time to scroll through a quote with pics, so I know he will appreciate it if it could/would stop.  

Agree.   I think this thread would be only about 6-7 pages without the repeats.  Hard for us followers to catch up too.

But, nevertheless we will continue to read.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

VOOM Stream has been capped at about 4 Mbps for some time now, not sure why one would expect better than posted.

Oh I don’t use the internet on the ships but I know it must be getting more popular this day in age and would think they could cap it at 10mbps. 

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think John’s too polite to say it, but just a reminder to some folks responding to him.  Please don’t quote with photos attached, unless you have a specific question about one of them.

Well said Andrew!  Also, thanks for the info on the docking process/elevators that was actually pretty interesting and something I never would’ve known or thought about.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

If its bigger, you wouldn't notice. Overall they are identical. 

We will sail all 4 between now and March 1

Symphony now

Oasis January 

Harmony February 

Allure March

I've heard "Living my best life", so this is what that looks like.

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura was named for her aunt Laura.  She went by LaLa.

It became her Grandma name, 13 years ago. I'm Grumpy.

Am I the only one who wasn't sure if this was what the grand kids called him or just a general comment on mood?

As always loving the review.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

John asked at the beginning of his live review that we don’t do this. As a live reviewer I know that it is extra work/time to scroll through a quote with pics, so I know he will appreciate it if it could/would stop.  

Ban the quoted photos!!!  Lol

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, DustFSU said:

Oh I don’t use the internet on the ships but I know it must be getting more popular this day in age and would think they could cap it at 10mbps. 

The cap been lowered a couple times since VOOM was established 5 years ago. The download speed is not that important once you get to the current limit, latency is much more important.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Hey Pat -- RCCL is releasing its May 2021-April 2022 7 night Caribbean schedule during the week of November 18, 2019.  Maybe SY will replace HM, which is going to Europe for drydock in April.  I expect HM to stay in Europe for the summer/fall but we should know soon.  The 7 day Caribbean release date has already slipped.  

Thanks Sherri.  I am waiting until first of next week to finish up my TP for 2021.  Right now I am dead ended in Honolulu.  😉  Would be cool to have Symphony in PC as well.  Still would love to see third ship come there.  

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never seen it any higher than 4

Up till about 3+ years ago, folks were reporting up to about 25 Mbps on some ships - that's when throttling started. @twangster reported fairly high numbers on CocoCay recently, but I have a feeling that will eventually be throttled as well. Speaking of which, see if you can confirm that WiFi is free on CocoCay, without loging into your VOOM account.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Up till about 3+ years ago, folks were reporting up to about 25 Mbps on some ships - that's when throttling started. @twangster reported fairly high numbers on CocoCay recently, but I have a feeling that will eventually be throttled as well. Speaking of which, see if you can confirm that WiFi is free on CocoCay, without loging into your VOOM account.

I'll check it on Friday. Maybe from a few locations as well as ship

1 hour ago, Bizzie07 said:

How do you like the Central Park Interior View?  My daughter is booked in 9601 in March....do you know if its location is OK?

I keep turning the wrong way when going forward. I think I'm on auto pilot to the CK/SL🤣

• Like 1