Are all the verandas on Edge Infinite Verandas?

sammygeorge

No.. Although they are probably the predominant style,  there are Sunset Verandas with a trad balc) and other styles .Best approach is to check an online brochure or deckplan and photos of each type.

Keep in mind that the Sunset Veranda cabins are found only at the aft of the ship and seem to be high in demand.  I believe they are the only non-suite true balcony cabins on Edge.

Not everyone likes to be all the way aft since you're far away from the elevators and there can be vibration from the engines and more motion than mid-ship cabins, so those things have to be taken into consideration as well.

Edited by Mauidiver
  • Like 2

The 1A and 2B cabin....near bow and aft are more traditional, but there views are restricted since they are within the structure of the ship...in photos they are the cabins with round openings. The verandas are small. 

I liked the IV cabins, but DH prefers regular verandas on S class ships... I did feel the IV verandas were unacceptability small.....so tight you can’t close the folding doors without moving chairs around

If you want a true verandah but want to avoid the sky-high Sky Suite prices on this ship design, you can go with an aft Sunset View room. Study the deckplan - I would want to avoid deck 7 (just above Eden) and deck 12 (traffic, tables & chairs directly above).

Aqua class rooms are all infinite verandas so if you want to eat in Blu, you have no other choice. I agree with kearney about IV “verandas” being way too small. They are cramped with vinyl flooring, two small chairs, tiny round, low table, no footrests, no comfort. I was disappointed after seeing the pre-Edge video hype. By comparison, the S class true veranda rooms in any category are far more comfortable and luxurious in my opinion, with much better closets. (That said, I haven’t sailed on a “revolutionized” S class ship yet. I hope the new furnishings aren’t as uncomfortable and impractical as those low, hard sofas and giant, heavy decor pillows in the Edge stateroom were.)

Edited by Caribbean Chris

19 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I would want to avoid deck 7 (just above Eden)

The two middle SV's on 7 have the largest balconies and have reported no noise or other issues (that I have seen - yet 😉). I have one of those booked and am looking forward to the huge balcony. I agree that those on 12 have a risk of being noisy (and it has been reported) - the same as all the S Class ships that can have noise in the cabins on deck 12, from Ocean View Cafe above.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

That said, I haven’t sailed on a “revolutionized” S class ship yet. I hope the new furnishings aren’t as uncomfortable and impractical as those low, hard sofas and giant, heavy decor pillows in the Edge stateroom were.

We were in a Family Verandah on the “revolutionized” Summit (M-class) last month. The sofa and huge sofa-like chair (not a sofa nor a chair) in the second room were very hard, and extremely deep, thus even more uncomfortable for me as a short person, because i could not really sit against the back of either of them.  There were several regular size throw pillows in that room, but they were as hard as rocks. You could have bashed someone’s skull in with them. I’m not sure what purpose they served. 

Here is one of the “hull” balconies...this was a true verandah in tgat it had a sliding glass door and blackout curtains.  That said, it would have been useless for sunbathing and as you can see, it wasn’t very large.  It is now classified as “obstructed” 

4584781B-9A1C-4E93-B3ED-5A6D9DC492C6.jpeg

963E1324-A392-4804-835C-608A8C522E85.jpeg

79810C0D-0AEB-4D1C-9C48-133D95451825.jpeg

We enjoyed our AQ Class IV.. We used the extra space as a sitting area  by turning the chairs inward. BLU was very nice but seemed far away and has absolutely  no view. The thermal suite was was amazing but we were so busy we did not use it very much.

We will be in one of the bigger balc Sunset Verandas on deck 7 in mid Nov.  Hoping there's  no noise from EDEN underneath or  the outside speakers,  no wafting cig smoke from any outside  smoking areas,   and no  soot or vibrations  which can affect aft locations. The cabin itself is also a bit larger/ longer from what we heard 

We are prepared to walk quite a bit..Even after checking in, the new system will  require us to trek to the stateroom for our cards before we go to lunch if we want any drinks. 

Excited to try the SV and the 4 mdr plan!

If the Edge would just call their Infinite Verandas Window grade cabins or Windows Plus that would be helpful to the cruiser and less of a let down once they get on.

If someone could put together a chart of where the acceptable (in size, noise, etc) and unobstructed real balconies were on the ship that would be immensely helpful.

We were originally booked in a IV and switched to Sunset Verandah on deck 9 for our upcoming cruise.  After becoming hooked on SVs on Solstice, we decided that's the only way to go.  That was before we read all the comments about IV not really being a "true" balcony.  Extremely glad we switched...looking forward to it!

14 hours ago, sammygeorge said:

And what do you think of them?

Not enough to consider booking one. Take a look on Youtube. There are some excellent videos showing you the pros and cons of the IV cabins to help you decide if they work for you or not. 

I'm not surprised by all your reactions to Infinite Verandas.  

Here's my dilemma: We're scheduling a family cruise (ages 90-21) for next Christmas season.  My nieces and nephews can only take 7 night cruises because of work (understandable) and my mom (the 90 year old) doesn't fly so we are limited to Port Everglades and Miami.  That turns out to be very limiting.

My husband and I have been big fans of Celebrity.  We love the M and S-class ships, and in recent years have exclusively stayed in Sky-Suites (love the space, veranda, and Luminae).  It's been years since I sailed on Princess (my last experience was them wasn't pretty) and I'm not very familiar with other "mainstream" cruiselines. 

The only Celebrity ships that work for us are Apex or Edge.  I'm not enthused, so I was trying to figure out the best way to do it.  I'm pricing out Sky Suites for everyone but I'm guessing that will turn out to be too much, and of course, even if my H and I stay in a Sky Suite, we won't be able to dine in Luminae.  I think the best I'll manage is to try for Sunset Verandas and put my mom in a Sky Suite by the elevators. 

Anyway, thanks for confirming my fears.

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

If the Edge would just call their Infinite Verandas Window grade cabins or Windows Plus that would be helpful to the cruiser and less of a let down once they get on.

If someone could put together a chart of where the acceptable (in size, noise, etc) and unobstructed real balconies were on the ship that would be immensely helpful.

Vt cruiser has done that...see EDGE sticky..top of page