Free Laundry perk for Platinum status

Soxfan4ever

We only used NCL’s laundry service once before (on a 14 day cruise to Europe) as Gold status (50% off). Now we are Platinum, and will be taking a longer cruise again. I’ve read posts where people cram as much as they can into a bag. 

Because we got 50% off, I know that we listed all of the articles being washed onto the Laundry checklist. Now that the bag is free, do we still need to list the articles? Thanks for your input.

5 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

Yes you do need to list everything in the laundry bag regardless of latitudes level.  That ensures you will get all articles of clothing back.

just took a 7 day on the escape, gave all my dirty clothes on friday, got them back saturday, disembarked on sunday 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the latitude laundry doesn't include the clothes returned on hangers.  Nonetheless we always check the box requesting the clothes on hangers.  So far the laundry crew has been excellent at adhering to the rules and our clothes are always returned in a basket.  With lots of wrinkles.  Oh well . . . at least it's free.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mianmike said:

Unfortunately the latitude laundry doesn't include the clothes returned on hangers.  Nonetheless we always check the box requesting the clothes on hangers.  So far the laundry crew has been excellent at adhering to the rules and our clothes are always returned in a basket.  With lots of wrinkles.  Oh well . . . at least it's free.  

That has not been our experience.  I check the hanger box and circle it for emphasis.  Our clothes always come back on hangers.  Many NCL cruises this year and last.

3 hours ago, Love my butler said:

That has not been our experience.  I check the hanger box and circle it for emphasis.  Our clothes always come back on hangers.  Many NCL cruises this year and last.

You obviously have the golden touch. 😉 Good to know they are not consistent.  From now on I will use your experience as an example when I'm told they don't hang laundry for the latitude perk.   

I bring a sharpie just for the hanger box check mark.  My wife thinks I'm nuts for making such a loud in-your-face black check mark.  When we stayed in balcony cabins our room stewards seemed dumbfounded as to why we didn't get our clothes back on hangers. 

Silly me, on two different occasions we were in the Haven and figured we'd surely get our clothes back on hangers since we checked the hanger box.  Nope.  Both times our butler told us platinum laundry does not get hangers.  Go figure.  

I will not be dissuaded.  I will not relent!  One day we will get our clothes returned on hangers.     

13 hours ago, Newleno said:

Hey does anyone know if they separate the load, white/dark, or do they just throw it in all together

Make sure that your first time laundry garments or those purchased in the gift shop - shore gift shop are

not put in with seasoned laundered garments - color runs - sets - fading etc.

Just like at home your first time laundering a garment you take care to launder it as the label says

and if smart separately - - - that noted yes all items are placed in the wash on one load. Laundry water

temp is cold or tap water temperature.

And watch out for those scratchy itch ID tags applied in gottcha waist bands collars.

I have never checked any box, as I never noticed there was one to mark for hangers!  On our last cruise (9 days) we did laundry 3x, with 3 of us in cabin.  I always leave a $5 bill on top of the laundry bag.  Not only did our clothing come back the next day- and on hangers, but our steward actually hung the clothes in the closet!  Never had this done before, and it was a nice touch.

I never noticed a hanger check box.  Sometimes they hang it.  Sometimes folded in a basket.  Even on a b2b with similar items, we have had it in basket on first cruise and one hangers on second.    I’m happy either way.  Always prompt.  They do sort laundry.  If you take the behind the scenes tour, often you will have the opportunity to ask the details.

13 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

Yes, and if you bring some duct tape to close the bag and roll clothes tightly you can get a lot in there!

We use duct tape too! DH also takes a picture of the clothes. When I sail with my DD she is much stronger and really stuffs the the clothes in and tapes the bag. 

You donna hafta use the NCL provided paper bag - bring an expendable pillow case or similar bag of structure

and pack it full - only thing - note to the cabin attendant that it is not trash but laundry and put that inventory tag

inside the bag listing the contents cabin number and guest name - otherwise NCL won't know who to return the laundry to !

I don't know if it is on all ships in the fleet or just in suites but NCL is now using nylon pillow case size bags

with a draw sting closing for the bag deal and or Platinum laundry service - BOLD printing Laundry on outside.

These new nylon type bags are not prone to splitting tearing and loss of contents.

For the use of the paper bags have not heard or read about anyone taping two bags together for a single bag or

other laundry deal.

For 4 guest occupants in a cabin one little bag (deal) isn't going to cut it !

If NCL wants one bag per guest - better start furnishing more than one bag in the cabin AND make it bigger !