Cabin price reduction?

copper004

2 hours ago, copper004 said:

As NCL gets closer to a cruise departure date, do they reduce the price of cabins in the hope of filling the empty ones? If so, how far in advance should I check for the discounted prices? Thanks!

Of course, they will if the cruise isn’t selling out. At the 80 day mark the upgrade bidding opens as well for many who are booked. I agree 60 days or less. ....

6 hours ago, copper004 said:

As NCL gets closer to a cruise departure date, do they reduce the price of cabins in the hope of filling the empty ones? If so, how far in advance should I check for the discounted prices? Thanks!

it depends on how many cabins are available still at various distances out from sailing. The really good sales occur someday after final payment is due and sometime before the cruise leaves sure but where in that range the best price falls can vary greatly.  Are usually check for any fantastic sales about once per week. If you wait too long you may find that The price has actually increased due to high demand for that cruise or if you don’t wait long enough you won’t get the best price.

If you do not have to fly to the port you can be very flexible on how close to sailing you can wait to book Also the larger the ship the more likely they will have more cabins available at discounted rates. Check rates at 90 or 60 days to go if you want a certain area of the ship. If you want the lowest rate and do not care where your cabin is start  looking 30 days till sailing. Of cause the time of the year will be a factor.

I booked in January for a December cruise.  BIG mistake!  Looking at the pricing, it went down after I made final payment.  I will never book NCL in advance again.  If pricing goes down, you can upgrade to a better cabin for the same cost OR take 25% of the price reduction in OBC.  That is the trend I am seeing.  If anyone sees anything else, please let everyone know.

I booked in February for a cruise next April. When I booked the NCL rep said "make sure you check for price drops". I have checked every few days since I booked. I have rebooked five times and saved over half of the original price. At this rate by the 60 day point this cruise will be almost free.  Every cruise is different.

53 minutes ago, ItsAllAboutTheSass said:

So I'm not at final payment yet.  The price for my cabin cat dropped but all they have are GTY. will they match that?  I'm guessing no. 

have they assigned your cabin yet?  I've always been able to keep my cabin when "re-booking" prior to final payment.  They can adjust cabin assignments but they haven't done so in my experience.  While technically it's a re-book, they don't necessarily do anything but adjust the payment amount.

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

have they assigned your cabin yet?  I've always been able to keep my cabin when "re-booking" prior to final payment.  They can adjust cabin assignments but they haven't done so in my experience.  While technically it's a re-book, they don't necessarily do anything but adjust the payment amount.

I booked a specific cabin.  I've been able to keep this cabin thru price adjustments. I'm just wondering if they would adjust a GTY rate to a booking that has a cabin assigned

58 minutes ago, ItsAllAboutTheSass said:

So I'm not at final payment yet.  The price for my cabin cat dropped but all they have are GTY. will they match that?  I'm guessing no. 

If you originally booked GTY and they have already assigned you your cabin, you should be able to get a price adjustment prior to final payment. If you were not original GTY, then you are not in the same category as GTY in this case you would need to cancel and rebook GTY, but you would also forfeit any perks original booked.

5 minutes ago, ItsAllAboutTheSass said:

I booked a specific cabin.  I've been able to keep this cabin thru price adjustments. I'm just wondering if they would adjust a GTY rate to a booking that has a cabin assigned

We were typing at the same time. I am not sure if GTY is the same as sail away booking.

4 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

I booked in February for a cruise next April. When I booked the NCL rep said "make sure you check for price drops". I have checked every few days since I booked. I have rebooked five times and saved over half of the original price. At this rate by the 60 day point this cruise will be almost free.  Every cruise is different.

We booked the Haven.  Price drop after final payment.

5 hours ago, ItsAllAboutTheSass said:

I still got price reduction on BF, even though it became a gty🙀 was before my final payment

13 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

I booked in January for a December cruise.  BIG mistake!  Looking at the pricing, it went down after I made final payment.  I will never book NCL in advance again.  If pricing goes down, you can upgrade to a better cabin for the same cost OR take 25% of the price reduction in OBC.  That is the trend I am seeing.  If anyone sees anything else, please let everyone know.

If the price drops before final payment you can call and have the fare repriced to the lower price. 

We were able to get our fare re-priced.  Is there a limit to how many times we can get it re-priced?  We don't cruise until May & final pymt is not due until January.  Even if I can re-price after final payment, I'm fine with it being in the form of OBC.  I can always find a way to spend it.

6 hours ago, kenzie said:

If the price drops before final payment you can call and have the fare repriced to the lower price. 

We repriced three times as prices went down.  However, after final payment is due, no more price reductions.  You can change cabins if the pricing is right or get 25% OBC.  We got the better cabin but still are paying more......

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 1:19 PM, copper004 said:

Only on select slow selling cruises.  The majority of the time you will find prices increase and categories become unavailable as they sell out.

We have got some great deals in the past being flexible in dates, itineraries, and keeping all available ports in the southeast in play.  However, the vast majority of cruises I start watching never really get discounted.