Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

18 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

We had the Baked Alaska Parade both weeks of our B2B (27 October and 3 November). Both on the last night of the week. We were in the Cielo dining room on the 7.45 late traditional sitting. 

Just curious, was your late dining time originally 7:15?  And then changed to 7:45?  We are on the Sky 7-14 December and have late Traditional Dining at 7:15. 

20 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

But as Princess keeps repeating - Sky is the first ship built for Medallion from the beginning.  So why would they install card slots at all given the ship was designed and built to NOT use cards ??!!   That is what I'm wondering about.  

The purpose of the device is to reduce the amount of electricity wasted when passengers left their cabins without turning off lights.  Using a cruise card in the slot to turn on power to the lights was a way to force the passengers to make use of the device to reduce electrical power consumption.  After forgetting to pull you card before leaving the cabin once or twice, passengers soon learned to bring an old card of some type to put in the device instead of using their cruise card.

Keeping the devices on the Sky Princess and providing a card for the device was probably in the desperate hope that some passengers would pull the device card as they left the cabin and let the device save some power.

2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

So how do you and your wife like the Sky compared to the Royal?  Hope you're having a great cruise!

We prefer the Sky’s changes to the Royal where we cruise with you.  Although we’d happily cruise on both ships & we’re doing the Royal’s MR & CA Coastal again in Spring 2020. 😃

On this cruise we’re seated at your table for all 28 days.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Just curious, was your late dining time originally 7:15?  And then changed to 7:45?  We are on the Sky 7-14 December and have late Traditional Dining at 7:15. 

Most ships seem to be 30 minutes later once onboard versus what’s advertised prior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffa30 said:

We had the Baked Alaska Parade both weeks of our B2B (27 October and 3 November). Both on the last night of the week. We were in the Cielo dining room on the 7.45 late traditional sitting. 

We boarded on 11/3 and they didn’t have the Baked Alaska on the last night at the 5:30 seating in Cielo & tomorrow will know if it’s the same thing.

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Aloha Russell...sorry about creating confusion & that $37 bottle of Catena Malbec is from Mendoza Argentina & is rated at 93 points.

Good but for us not as good as the Brunello di Montalcino we’re enjoying at dinner which when purchased in Italy was about half the price as in America. 🍷🍷

Glad to hear you have a good wine solution.

Did you pick this up in Civitavecchia?

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

We boarded on 11/3 and they didn’t have the Baked Alaska on the last night at the 5:30 seating in Cielo & tomorrow will know if it’s the same thing.

Very strange. Definitely had it at the 745. Corrine did the introductions in a gold dress. The week before it was Andy.

Edited by Geoffa30

3 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

When we booked it was 715 but we’re happy to see it had been changed to 745 when we got onboard.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:27 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

😳😳. Gibraltar port lecture in Princess Live this morning. 😳😳

184BD191-52B7-4439-94F3-C291208321BC.jpeg

The number of people standing means this should have been held in the Princess Theater where lectures like this are held on other Princess ships.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:52 PM, cruisintoddler said:

But as Princess keeps repeating - Sky is the first ship built for Medallion from the beginning.  So why would they install card slots at all given the ship was designed and built to NOT use cards ??!!   That is what I'm wondering about.  

The purpose of the card slots is to save electricity/fuel when nobody is in the cabin.

So having the slot and having a card in it that can be moved to turn on/off the lights still serves that purpose.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Keith,  I know dress codes are always a "sticky" conversation on here but, I'm wondering what the dress code will be like on the 3 night cruises in December for the MDR or places like the Crown Grill.  Especially the first cruise where boarding is so late and you can't get your bags until long after dinner. They do have the habit of allowing shorts in the first night and last night due to baggage already.

3-night cruises usually do not have a formal evening.

Even on formal evenings, smart casual is OK for the specialty restaurants.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

We have been on Princess cruises B2B where the late seating on the European segment was 30 minutes later than on the USA segment.

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

A couple of changes from my previous Princess cruises:  no Baked Alaska parade (dessert was available) and no nightly selling of an after dinner alcoholic drink.

You are right - I never thought about the baked Alaska until I just read your post.  I guess I didn't miss it.  And the dinner menus are different than what I am used to.  I think for the better.

Edited by CTGirl
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

You are right - I never thought about the baked Alaska until I just read your post.  I guess I didn't miss it.  And the dinner menus are different than what I am used to.  I think for the better.

I agree Shelly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

The number of people standing means this should have been held in the Princess Theater where lectures like this are held on other Princess ships.

Hence the reason I posted photos from many angles!

Yes I am having a fantastic cruise, thanks!!  

• Like 1

In the fixed dining room Ciello(deck 6 aft)we definetly had the baked Alaska last week(the Nov 3rd cruise). And the parade with it.

Loving the ship.

Colo Cruiser, have you been at the M&G ? First week we only just sat around with no introductions.This week we passed the Mic. around and introduced ourselves. With all the postings you do, kind of surprised you weren't there.Did I just not hear you?

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Internet today at sea is pretty bad. Slow and lagging.

The fact that many are probably logged on was not supposed to affect it.

Something is.

Not sure where the ship is now and think you're well behind us on your TA. We're currently on the Emerald TA and will arrive in FLL on Monday. Of course, we have Medallion.Net. Yesterday it was down for most of the day. Those of us who signed up for the unlimited access received a 30% refund to our accounts this a.m. due to the extremely poor service. Feel so sorry for the internet service manager.... 

2 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Not sure where the ship is now and think you're well behind us on your TA. We're currently on the Emerald TA and will arrive in FLL on Monday. Of course, we have Medallion.Net. Yesterday it was down for most of the day. Those of us who signed up for the unlimited access received a 30% refund to our accounts this a.m. due to the extremely poor service. Feel so sorry for the internet service manager.... 

Thanks.....

We are heading back to Barcelona.

The Sky has been having issues for the entire cruise.

I know the Crown had major issues on the TA last month. 
It was not much better for us on the Crown for our Caribbean cruise after arrival in the US.

24 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

In the fixed dining room Ciello(deck 6 aft)we definetly had the baked Alaska last week(the Nov 3rd cruise). And the parade with it.

Loving the ship.

Colo Cruiser, have you been at the M&G ? First week we only just sat around with no introductions.This week we passed the Mic. around and introduced ourselves. With all the postings you do, kind of surprised you weren't there.Did I just not hear you?

I was unable to make it.

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We are heading back to Barcelona.

The Sky has been having issues for the entire cruise.

Yikes. What kind of issues? We're booked on the 1st (of 2) inaugural cruises out of FLL on the 1st. Gladly, it's only a 3 night cruise so I hope we can manage whatever the issues are. For such a quick cruise, I won't worry about the internet and will simply use our phones!