Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

8 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

They brew a cup at a time using grounds.  At the buffet beverage stations.  

From dmwnc's pics of Royal

CCB86310-4977-4747-AAFE-4EAFB56F9DB4.jpeg

If you look closely at the machine in the middle you can see the grounds container on the top of the machine. 

Regal has the same machines.  

Photos from the Sky’s buffet drink station which was the same as on my cruises on the Royal & Regal.  Unlike earlier in the cruise, the iced tea dispenser is now working next to the lemonade dispenser.

44C669FB-7C5D-4221-8AAD-C009C65DD8AF.jpeg

FCABDA47-8ADE-483A-AF27-2779A5A3DBF6.jpeg

4E88ED21-9779-4980-8228-53B61846C0D0.jpeg

619E302A-D86B-4EC3-95E0-423F82D56933.jpeg

16 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

They brew a cup at a time using grounds.  At the buffet beverage stations.  

From dmwnc's pics of Royal

CCB86310-4977-4747-AAFE-4EAFB56F9DB4.jpeg

If you look closely at the machine in the middle you can see the grounds container on the top of the machine. 

Regal has the same machines.  

thanks. I didn't realize that these machines brew coffee by the cup. We have similar ones at work, and they brew a whole bucket of it and then you dispense by the cup. We also have individual cup machines, and they take a minute to brew an individual cup of coffee. 

:)

colo cruiser...we are going to have to change the last "o" in you name and move it next to the first "o" which makes it "cool cruiser".   But, cool does not begin to cover the incredible work you have done on this cruise with all your incredible pictures.  "WOW" to say the very least.  This thread is outstanding...THANK YOU!!!   Husband and I with 4 friends will be on this great ship, Sky Princess, in January 2020.  Love, love, love the Royal Class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keith, 

We will be on our first trip to Europe next summer.  Could you tell me if you exchange your dollars for euros or do you carry American dollars/credit card?  If you do exchange the currency, do you take care of it before you leave or once onboard the ship?

Thanks so much for your help

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

thanks for posting pics of the coffee machine.  would you say, it takes about 45 seconds to brew a cup?

Pushing the coffee display on these WMF coffee machines immediately dispenses coffee so don’t think each cup is brewed individually.

22 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Keith, 

We will be on our first trip to Europe next summer.  Could you tell me if you exchange your dollars for euros or do you carry American dollars/credit card?  If you do exchange the currency, do you take care of it before you leave or once onboard the ship?

Thanks so much for your help

I exchange before the cruise.

I found a very credible exchange in Rome I have been using for a few years near Termini.

I use my CC whenever possible,

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We have similar ones at work, and they brew a whole bucket of it and then you dispense by the cup.

That appears to be the same as on the Royal-class ships...coffee is immediately dispensed by the cup.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I exchange before the cruise.

I found a very credible exchange in Rome I have been using for a few years near Termini.

I use my CC whenever possible,

I agree - as long as your CC doesn't pile on charges for international purchases, always use it and pay in Euros, not US dollars when they ask you. If you select US dollars the exchange rate is worse.

I use an ATM card that re-reimburses me for any charges to get cash, and, try not to use one that is outside on a public street ( do this in the US as well, due to skimmers).

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Danny Rembadi.

This guy is really good.

Plays in the Piazza, Crown Grill Bar, Vista Lounge.

He also played during the PSE Lounge.

Wow, he is excellent.  I see he is playing on our 2nd night and can't wait to hear him!