Unlimited Dining - In Dining Room?

Stay1978

Not sure if anyone knows but I figured I'd find out more here then calling Royal direct.

Usually we get the Unlimited Dining Package and just eat in the specialty restaurants and have no issues.

But we are traveling with 62 family members at the end of the month on Mariner and are doing dinner together nightly in the main dining room.

If we purchase the Unlimited Dining Package can we use it in the main dining room to order from the Chops menu (lobster and/or Filet)

Aren’t there extra-charge items at the bottom of the MDR menu that would meet your desire to order premium steak/filet mignon or lobster? I seem to recall seeing something like that...

Edited by snowglobe

NO...do NOT buy the package if you'll be eating in the dining room.   Unless, you plan on eating elsewhere.  I mean, 62 people? Will they even miss you?  Who would know?  It's not like you'll be together ALL the time.  Decide if you plan to be in the dining room nightly...then go from there!

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Chops steak in the MDR was a big dissapointment several years ago on Brilliance.

Thank you for posting this John.  My husband would probably be planning to do the Chops steak in the MDR. I will encourage him to refrain since we will be dining at Chops on a different night.

3 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

Thank you for posting this John.  My husband would probably be planning to do the Chops steak in the MDR. I will encourage him to refrain since we will be dining at Chops on a different night.

It just wasn't cooked well. They offered to redo it, but by then it was to late

18 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

I will echo John’s experience with ordering the Chops filet in the DR. It was 4-5 years ago but my daughter tried it twice and both times she was not happy with the quality.

Funny - we order the Chops filet in the dining room several times each cruise and it is great - lots of flavor and tender.  Much better than the Classic steak.  Does tend to be medium rare when we order medium.  And they will often offer 1/2 or 1/3 off that price.  On Anthem DIL sent one back two years ago as too well done.  I've had one a bit tough in the last 10 orders (this year) but the rest have been great.

By the way, on the menu posted above the beef tenderloins are also much better than the Classic steak.  On this menu DW gets that with no sauce and a large order of french fries.  I get the mushroom sauce.