Btimmer's Almost Live to the Amazon 2019 & Beyond

Btimmer

Merry Christmas Tim and Angela! Thanks for the blog and photos Tim; great memories of the Amazon trip!  We spent a couple of days in Ft Lauderdale touring on the jungle queen and exploring Los Olas with Dan from our tour group as he was staying nearby. Back in Vancouver for about 3 weeks then our usual Mexican CaribbeanYucatan/Isla Mujeres visit delayed this year due to the Amazon expedition. Nice to have met you both and best wishes to all our Amazonian Adventurers!

We booked a HAL tour with Tiami Catamaran Cruises.  Lisa was the Captain.  I can't say enough good about them.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but we'll probably visit the Harrison Caves on a yet unplanned return visit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

When I was in Tobago last year, I commented to the tour guide how un-littered her country was as compared to some others I had seen in the Caribbean. She remarked it is very important to the citizens to keep the country clean and free of littler.

There was as much litter in Tobago as I've seen in many Central American or SE Asian or South Pacific countries.  It wasn't pretty.