Extend Your Stay

Ms Jo UK

I saw this available in my cruise planner for Equinox out of FLL in April 21.  My understanding was that this was not allowed in US ports, has that changed or is it an error in the cruise planner - could Celebrity IT ever have mistakes lol.

I would put money on it being an error. I'm pretty sure US Immigration requires them to zero out the ship before any new passengers can embark, rendering  an "extend your stay" problematic in US ports. If course, things may have changed.

4 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

I saw this available in my cruise planner for Equinox out of FLL in April 21.  My understanding was that this was not allowed in US ports, has that changed or is it an error in the cruise planner - could Celebrity IT ever have mistakes lol.

No its not possible --for us last Nov on Equinox as previous posters say ship has to be Zero count

On 11/16/2019 at 3:47 AM, emmas gran said:

No its not possible --for us last Nov on Equinox as previous posters say ship has to be Zero count

'Extend Your Stay' is offered on my Feb 2020 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale as well. . . found this post looking for more info on it. . . 
Why would it be offered on my cruise planner if only available on Euro cruises? 
The question I came looking for the answer to was what time you have to leave the boat? It does state out of cabin by 9am. 

3 hours ago, MishaJ said:

'Extend Your Stay' is offered on my Feb 2020 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale as well. . . found this post looking for more info on it. . . 
Why would it be offered on my cruise planner if only available on Euro cruises? 
The question I came looking for the answer to was what time you have to leave the boat? It does state out of cabin by 9am. 

You may be operating under the assumption that Celebrity's website is always accurate. This would be wrong. Usually they want you out of the cabin by 8:00 or 8:30, and off the ship by 9:30. This is to enable them to start boarding B2B and new passengers.

And please don't call it a boat (especially to the crew). It's a ship.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MishaJ said:

I actually just got confirmation from my cruise planner that it IS in fact available to me in a US port 🙂

I don't know if it's a mistake on the website or not, but Misha is correct. It is showing on the final day excursion options on my 2/16 Edge cruise as well.

• Like 1

It is showing on my Equinox cruise ending in May 2020 too.

Extend Your Stay

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. Extend your vacation a few extra hours.

From

*63.99GBP Adult

31.59GBP Child

I note that it is considerably more expensive than the option on RCI which is £49!!!

1 minute ago, little britain said:

It is showing on my Equinox cruise ending in May 2020 too.

Extend Your Stay

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. Extend your vacation a few extra hours.

From

*63.99GBP Adult

31.59GBP Child

I note that it is considerably more expensive than the option on RCI which is £49!!!

Still cheaper than Feb... we are offered EYS at $79/pp, $39 per child 

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Why cant EYS people be just like b2b and zero the boat. Give the EYS's different keys. With Celebrity having a world renowned IT department they can figure it out.

Explain to me how Border Control can zero the ship if pax haven't left the ship. Even B2Bs have to get off, if only for a few minutes. And when they reboard, they do it as pax for the next cruise.

Edited by mom says

4 hours ago, mom says said:

You may be operating under the assumption that Celebrity's website is always accurate. This would be wrong. Usually they want you out of the cabin by 8:00 or 8:30, and off the ship by 9:30. This is to enable them to start boarding B2B and new passengers.

And please don't call it a boat (especially to the crew). It's a ship.

6 minutes ago, mom says said:

Explain to me how Border Control can zero the boat if pax haven't left the boat. Even B2Bs have to get off, if only for a few minutes?

This made me smile. I don't know if it was intentional, as a joke, or inadvertent, but I definitely smiled.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

All in good fun. I actually thought it might have been joke.

Lol, no. I was responding using the same words as the person I responded to. As soon as I posted I realized what I had done, so I edited it. But, yeah, I laughed at myself too.

• Like 3