Name That Cruise Ship

kitty9

5 hours ago, bob brown said:

The “random drawing from all entries”, would mean this whole contest is what  it really is... as has been said, a publicity ploy... but really, like most contests and giveaways on the internet, a marketing ploy to get your email address ( if they didn’t already have it).

The right way to do it, would be for them to choose a good name from all entries, and only do a random drawing from those submitting the same name.

Sounds like the right way to do it.  I know they have our e mail address from the O club but your way seems a fair way to do it.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, drib said:

Named after Ronald Colman's second wife?

Absolutely. My grandfather, Benjamin died six months before I was born, so my parents wanted to name me after him. My aunt was watching a Ronald Coleman movie the day before I was born and suggested the name. 
     I hated it as a kid- Benita Banana and Chiquita Benita were terrible nicknames, but I grew into it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drib said:

Of course I knew that ... at least as well as I know that this was your photo of a surf-and-turf sandwich taken on Marina at Waves Grill in July 2011.

03417_000051870_benitas_photo_of_a_sandwWe have had this for lunch every day of this cruise, too. They don’t put the fries in the basket any more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

They key question in the contest mail--

"Have you cruised in the past with Oceania"

Yes -- we have your email

No -- sucker -- we are going to spam you for life.

Funny I rarely get emails from Oceania

Just the final cruise summary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, did Oceania ever say anything further about this drawing?  I never received a call from Frank, so I am assuming that someone else did.  It just seems somewhat strange to hype a drawing and not say anything further like xx people entered, thanks for your interest, etc.

5 hours ago, Hanoverian said:

Out of curiosity, did Oceania ever say anything further about this drawing?  I never received a call from Frank, so I am assuming that someone else did.  It just seems somewhat strange to hype a drawing and not say anything further like xx people entered, thanks for your interest, etc.

Post #28 has the link.  Although the contest is closed, there is still the tab in upper left for "rules".  Rule 2 states the the random drawing will be on or about January 15, 2020.  Rule 7 states that 2 winners will be notified on or about February 3, 2020 via email or phone call.  Other details which may or may not be of interest to you.

Katie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2019 at 1:25 PM, bob brown said:

The “random drawing from all entries”, would mean this whole contest is what  it really is... as has been said, a publicity ploy... but really, like most contests and giveaways on the internet, a marketing ploy to get your email address ( if they didn’t already have it).

The right way to do it, would be for them to choose a good name from all entries, and only do a random drawing from those submitting the same name.

Oh   NO....say it isnt so...... does this mean my Publishers Clearinghouse entry is in vain? too ?    I have been waiting for the Prize Patrol to arrive any day now.      

Say, has anyone heard on the news or anywhere about anyone  inactuality winning.... other  than on their  TV ad ? 

Have they drawn the winner?  Boo-Hooh if we didn't win.

I entered this, a lot!

Anyhow, it seems obvious that the new ship will be the Allura, as they have announced the new Allura class ships.

I also put in other names like the Celestia, Ventura, and others.

A lot of good possibilities for future ships!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Have they drawn the winner?  Boo-Hooh if we didn't win.

I entered this, a lot!

Anyhow, it seems obvious that the new ship will be the Allura, as they have announced the new Allura class ships.

I also put in other names like the Celestia, Ventura, and others.

A lot of good possibilities for future ships!

Sounds great.  Hope there are some future ships.  Need more of them.