Sea day brunch?

bubbie74

2 minutes ago, pusywillow said:

Excellent!  It was a very thick pancake with extras like marshmallow etc. on it.  It was my favorite brunch item.  The steak was a close second!

Hmmmm... I might have to try that out when we go on our  cruise. Sounds pretty good. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:26 AM, Schoifmom said:

The sea day brunch is sit-down service in one of the MDRs.  IMHO, the menu is fantastic.  We almost never miss it!

This has become my favorite dining experience of the entire cruise. Love the Steak and Eggs!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I always intend to try other things, but usually gravitate towards the steak and eggs. It is too good to pass up.

Next cruise is heavy on sea days. I'll try something else too. I mean it!

I'm the same but with Eggs Benedict! I love them, almost never eat them anywhere but on a cruise so it's really hard for me to pass up!

My last cruise I actually ordered the steak & eggs, PLUS the Eggs Benedict. Gave the eggs from the steak to hubby and had the best of both worlds. To be honest, the steak was just okay... not good enough for me to bother reordering it, but my hubby loved it and like you, orders it every time!

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I always intend to try other things, but usually gravitate towards the steak and eggs. It is too good to pass up.

Next cruise is heavy on sea days. I'll try something else too. I mean it!

The brunch is not served on every sea day.  FYI

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, pusywillow said:

The brunch is not served on every sea day.  FYI

Hmmm... that's news to me! I've seen it served on every sea day on every cruise I've been on the past 10 years or since they started serving it.

@pusywillow when did you experience a sea day with no brunch? Was it a special cruise? Shorter?

14 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Hmmm... that's news to me! I've seen it served on every sea day on every cruise I've been on the past 10 years or since they started serving it.

@pusywillow when did you experience a sea day with no brunch? Was it a special cruise? Shorter?

just got off a journeys cruise with several sea days,  they did not  serve the brunch on all the sea days

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

just got off a journeys cruise with several sea days,  they did not  serve the brunch on all the sea days

Journeys cruises are the exception, they serve lunch some days in the MDR on Journeys cruise to evoke the early days of Carnival. Apples and oranges.

Sea day brunch is legit my favorite thing about cruising Carnival. We went on a cruise with Royal last summer, and while it was really fun, we missed the sea day brunch so much. Their MDR breakfast ends earlier than we like to get up, so we were stuck braving the crowds in the buffet every single morning. Sea day brunch for the win!!

• Like 3

I finally talked the hubs to going to the sea day brunch on our Breeze cruise last month. We waited 30 minutes for someone to bring us coffee.  It was another 15 minutes before someone took our order.   After waiting another 30 or so minutes for our food,  we just got up and left.  By that time, Guys was open. We saw the couple that was sitting next to us later that day. They said it was another 15 minutes before they got their food.  The dining room was not busy at all.  It will be a long time before I can talked the hubs to trying the sea day brunch again 

One bad experience can not reflect all experiences. 

13 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

After waiting another 30 or so minutes for our food,  we just got up and left. 

13 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We saw the couple that was sitting next to us later that day. They said it was another 15 minutes before they got their food.

so did you get your food or not, this is somewhat confusing. You are talking about 1 1/2 hours and not getting your food. Fortunately we have never had that bad an experience. Admittedly, it is not the fastest service.

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I finally talked the hubs to going to the sea day brunch on our Breeze cruise last month. We waited 30 minutes for someone to bring us coffee.  It was another 15 minutes before someone took our order.   After waiting another 30 or so minutes for our food,  we just got up and left.  By that time, Guys was open. We saw the couple that was sitting next to us later that day. They said it was another 15 minutes before they got their food.  The dining room was not busy at all.  It will be a long time before I can talked the hubs to trying the sea day brunch again 

This sounds kinda like our experience on the Sunshine earlier this year. It felt like we waited forever as well. Although we did stick around to finally get our food, it was not worth the wait at all. My steak was ordered med rare, it came well done and was like a hunk of leather. DH's eggs were ordered over easy and were over well and scorched. To top it off, everything was cold and obviously sat on the line for a while before it was picked up. 

Honestly, with the exception of the very first one we went to on the Ecstasy in 2017,  we haven't had a good experience with sea day brunch since, with each one getting worse than the last. Which is odd since the vast majority of our dining experiences on Carnival have been good to excellent, just can't catch a break with the brunch. While I hate to not try again, in hopes we'll get another experience like our first, I'm also very hesitant to give it another shot as well. 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

One bad experience can not reflect all experiences. 

so did you get your food or not, this is somewhat confusing. You are talking about 1 1/2 hours and not getting your food. Fortunately we have never had that bad an experience. Admittedly, it is not the fastest service.

We never got our food.  

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 4:16 PM, pusywillow said:

Excellent!  It was a very thick pancake with extras like marshmallow etc. on it.  It was my favorite brunch item.  The steak was a close second!

I tried it the last sea day of my cruise in September.  It was so good!  I hate that waited to try. Sailing next week and can't wait for Tuesday morning to enjoy!  Might be greedy and order two.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 8:00 AM, Joe817 said:

We absolutely love the sea day brunch. It gives up a chance to sleep in, get dressed at our leisure, and have a HUGE breakfast that will tide us over to dinner time. And the selections are fantastic. I always got the omelette, double orders of link sausage, bacon, hash browns, toast & jelly. We enjoyed the sea day brunch more than eating in the MDR. One thing I missed out on  though was the steak and eggs.

Has anyone ordered steak and omelette(instead of the eggs)? That would put me in breakfast nervana. LOL.

YEs of course you can order a omelette and steak.  You can what ever you want when crusing.  Well pretty much, at least if its on the menu, mix and match or order both and don't eat what you don't want.

2 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

YEs of course you can order a omelette and steak.  You can what ever you want when crusing.  Well pretty much, at least if its on the menu, mix and match or order both and don't eat what you don't want.

Yes! I'll be all over that like a frog on a junebug!

• Haha 1