Princess Transfer LAX to Cruise Terminal

Jeter02

We took Uber XL for extra luggage room and it cost us $45.  LAX has recently changed UBER/LYFT pickup and it can be confusing. The driver had (three weeks ago) said it was not worth the hassle to him for pick up at  the airport. On our return (4 days ago) driver said it had gotten better.  Be sure and check prices for both of these folks before booking-I found an almost $10 difference on outbound trip and used same guy for return.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

We took Uber XL for extra luggage room and it cost us $45.  LAX has recently changed UBER/LYFT pickup and it can be confusing. The driver had (three weeks ago) said it was not worth the hassle to him for pick up at  the airport. On our return (4 days ago) driver said it had gotten better.  Be sure and check prices for both of these folks before booking-I found an almost $10 difference on outbound trip and used same guy for return.

Interesting. Thanks!

In 2018, we took Uber (our first time), from LX to the port. It was about $35.00 for the two of us

and our driver was great. It only took about 35 minutes (traffic was having a good day).

So, that is what I would advise.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nini said:

In 2018, we took Uber (our first time), from LX to the port. It was about $35.00 for the two of us

and our driver was great. It only took about 35 minutes (traffic was having a good day).

So, that is what I would advise.

Thanks! Lucky for me my flight arrives around 8:15am in the morning. Plenty of time given to deal with any traffic that may occur.

20 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

Yup. No more Uber/Lyft pickup from right outside the terminal. You now need to take a shuttle bus to the new pickup lot and start your ride from there. A bit of a pain if one is laden down with luggage, which is kind of likely if going on a cruise. 

I'm based out of LAX. For Uber/Lyft you do have to catch the LAX-IT bus. There are attendants ( not local street people looking for tips) that will help you load your luggage into bus.Once in the lot, you're on your own. The first few days were a nightmare and LAWA knew it would be, so they had already blocked off another lot. Now Lyft is separate from Uber. Taxis also have to go to this lot. The Princess bus will be right from the main terminal and there will be representatives from Princess to take your bags. Little more $$, but it all depends on your situation and how much effort you want to put into transferring.

8 minutes ago, deepcman said:

If you walk right outside baggage claim there are 2 shuttle companies. Super Shuttle and Primetime.  You can check prices and reserve online but reservations are not necessary. They run about $15pp and run frequently.

Might be moved since the change in pick up location.

LAX is a bit of a hassle as it is ... now, looks like ridesharing and possibly the shuttle services are required to make it even harder for those that aren't comfortable with all the transferring with luggage.  

To top it off, I tried to find some current information on AB 5 here in California, which was signed into law earlier this year.  It is supposed to go into effect at the beginning of the year.  Ride sharing companies, as well as their drivers, are overwhelmingly against it and are fighting it.  However, if it does go through, the rides through Uber and Lyft will undoubtedly go up in price.   

And now I'm starting to see why my flight to LAX was so dirt cheap. LOL 🤣😂🤪. you guys are all providing me with such excellent information where I'm really trying to study what the best route is. The shuttles for princess if I take that is there any transfers required or they still right there by the baggage claim like they are most airports? Because at this point I might be willing to pay just a little extra just to do the shuttle and suck it up being stuck on a bus waiting for others if it means less of a hassle possibly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

And now I'm starting to see why my flight to LAX was so dirt cheap. LOL 🤣😂🤪. you guys are all providing me with such excellent information where I'm really trying to study what the best route is. The shuttles for princess if I take that is there any transfers required or they still right there by the baggage claim like they are most airports? Because at this point I might be willing to pay just a little extra just to do the shuttle and suck it up being stuck on a bus waiting for others if it means less of a hassle possibly.

Their is a person at the airport with a Princess jacket on with a list of peoples names. 

Like yourself I don’t want to have to wait for others.

I usually use UBER but I’m using Super Shuttle with the changes in using UBER. 

Tom

37 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Their is a person at the airport with a Princess jacket on with a list of peoples names. 

Like yourself I don’t want to have to wait for others.

I usually use UBER but I’m using Super Shuttle with the changes in using UBER. 

Tom

Yes, I saw the mentioning a super shuttle above earlier on in the comments. And it was something I was going to look into.

42 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

You are right ... 

As of today, Super Shuttle claims they will pick you up directly in front of the airport terminal ... I suppose that could change in the near or distant future but that is what they say.  In my past experience, Super Shuttle does ride around and around to pick up from each of the terminals at LAX ... so depending on when you get in, you might still be waiting on others to join unless you book a private ride.  The cost with a AAA discount, booked ahead of time is $16 pp + tip.  It's definitely the way to go if you are traveling alone.  If you are 4 or more, it might just pay to get the non-stop private ride.  Uber is about $35-$45 at this time ... 

I think I am just going to pay extra for my flight and my ride from the outbound airport and fly into Long Beach.  It's such a wonderful little airport.  I have a flight booked to fly back out of LAX after the cruise.  I am hoping Uber still drops you off there instead of having to transfer by bus to the terminals.  Anyway ... I am just going to wait until tomorrow to book my flights ...some airlines participate in Cyber Monday specials.