Quantum of the Seas

Hello,

My sister and I, both in our late 70's are thinking of booking a cruise next Oct on the Quantum of the Seas. Is it a suitable ship for older people and can you get coffee brought to cabin in the mornings, without extra cost. Also, what charger connection do we need to charge our phones etc. Any information will be gratefully received. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, GrannyAnnie70 said:

Hello,

My sister and I, both in our late 70's are thinking of booking a cruise next Oct on the Quantum of the Seas. Is it a suitable ship for older people and can you get coffee brought to cabin in the mornings, without extra cost. Also, what charger connection do we need to charge our phones etc. Any information will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Continental breakfast is free via room service.  That would include coffee, of course.

There should be two US outlets and one European.  Someone else will know the "voltage" of each.

The Quantum sails in Asia, and that is very different from Caribbean cruises.

When you are standing facing the front of the ship - the pointy end - the side on your left is port, right is starboard.  But it has been many centuries since the port side was the side always facing the port.  Ships do not always deck the same way.  It is up to the harbor manager, and the needs of the vessel.  Crew training often takes place while in port, with launching of lifeboats.  If they need to use the lifeboats on the port side, the ship will dock with the starboard side facing the port.  And there are times that ships can tie up on both sides of a pier, so your port side might be looking at the side of another ship.  EM

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

When you are standing facing the front of the ship - the pointy end - the side on your left is port, right is starboard.  But it has been many centuries since the port side was the side always facing the port. 

Point of clarification for OP: Actually, when you are standing ON THE SHIP facing forward ( to the bow), the side on your left is called Port."

Of course, now you're wondering why the other side is "starboard." The steering mechanism of many ancient ships (i.e., the "steering board" a.k.a. the starboard) was on the ship's right side making it necessary to land/tie the ship at the dock on the left (port side).

8 hours ago, GrannyAnnie70 said:

Thank you for the replies....I may need to buy a universal adaptor as I only have a an Australian charger.

You seem to be from Australia, hence in case you had the chance to travel on Ovation the cabins on both ships have the exact same facilities, for instance power plugs etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My sister and I are booked on the Quantum sailing out of Singapore on the 19th Oct 2020. Over the next few months we will think of things we need to find out so if anyone can help we will be grateful. Our question for today is :  do they supply shampoo, conditioner and soap in the cabin bathroom. Cheers. GrannyAnnie70.

3 minutes ago, GrannyAnnie70 said:

Hi everyone! My sister and I are booked on the Quantum sailing out of Singapore on the 19th Oct 2020. Over the next few months we will think of things we need to find out so if anyone can help we will be grateful. Our question for today is :  do they supply shampoo, conditioner and soap in the cabin bathroom. Cheers. GrannyAnnie70.

I suggest you head over to the Royal Caribbean forum to ask your questions.  You're more likely to catch the attention of people who've actually been on RC there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

@GrannyAnnie70

To help you, I have merged your thread from the Ask a Cruise Question forum into your previous thread on the RCI forum also titled Quantum of the Seas.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

🌟 'Tis the season... 🎄 

1 hour ago, GrannyAnnie70 said:

Welcome back to the Royal Caribbean forum, Granny Annie.

There is a dispenser in the shower which is supposedly "shampoo and shower gel" in one.  Yuck.

There are little bars of solid soap provided.

When the ship sails in Asia, the amenities offered besides those may be different from when she is in the western hemisphere.  

My advice is to take your own shampoo and conditioner.

6 hours ago, GrannyAnnie70 said:

They do but the quality isn’t so good,best to bring your own.

Is that Armidale Western Australia,if so we have a Australian forum with lots of Singapore cruisers.

Edited by Chiliburn