On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

We are doing a back to back Mexico from San Diego.  Woke up this morning to opening our curtains and seeing the ship-love that!  We spent 4 days prior to the cruise in San Diego during their heavy rain storms & wind.  Luckily we knew this before arriving so brought coat & umbrella.

We went to the Mariner reception which still includes alcohol, no charge.  They do prefer you taking their mimosas or sparkling wine but if you request something else they will get it.   Great appetizers of breaded scallops, springs rolls and spicy wings.

Off to muster drill.  I’m not great at answering questions (unless really easy!!).  We have the premium internet included in a promo when we booked our Neptune suite.  More later.  

2FD1EE6D-3691-42DE-A10E-F3126BDDFA8D.jpeg

• Like 8

Muster drill was very quick-seems everyone showed up, no holdup which was nice.  

First time we have not met the room stewards before sailaway.  We are delayed for sailaway but no idea why.  Pretty cool out on aft deck but some diehards (like us!) 

B2949269-6EE4-4194-AC83-FB551EB70000.jpeg

C54FA689-A45C-45F5-B42C-9D07F8FACEC3.jpeg

2840EE59-2794-486C-BBB8-81C01CD668BE.jpeg

6755EE09-D1A5-4489-8D25-C0F833BEA843.jpeg

8864D50C-752F-40A9-A23E-2245C53E2B7E.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

First time we have not met the room stewards before sailaway.  We are delayed for sailaway but no idea why.  Pretty cool out on aft deck but some diehards (like us!) 

Thank you for the pics! Following....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, oakridger said:

On Oosterdam. Still in port with no update on reason for delay. Bar waitress said they are working on the propeller. No official announcement which is annoying. 

Exactly!  Finally pulled out of port.  No update from Captain or anything after 3 hours.  

24A1A425-CCFF-4593-A505-0D1B29E2EF81.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

B2949269-6EE4-4194-AC83-FB551EB70000.jpeg

C54FA689-A45C-45F5-B42C-9D07F8FACEC3.jpeg

2840EE59-2794-486C-BBB8-81C01CD668BE.jpeg

6755EE09-D1A5-4489-8D25-C0F833BEA843.jpeg

8864D50C-752F-40A9-A23E-2245C53E2B7E.jpeg

Canadianbear!!!!

Great photos so far!! Oosterdam is special to us several cruises on her. For what ever reason relax and enjoy this fine Lady will be leaving port soon! Love your Neptune Suite! Sorry about our rain here!! It Rained a lot for our Thanksgiving but brought us wonderful sunsets. Your hotel room was at Wyndham correct? The view looked familiar! We always stay there the night prior to our cruise!!

Have a fabulous time and looking forward to your adventures!

Denise😊

Bon Voyage 

• Like 1

We have two ladies as our concierge-Leah and Patricia.  They explained in the evening meeting (wine etc-she said it’s all free tonight so indulge!) any perks for people that were new to the suite life.  It was well attended in my opinion and some laughs.  

Also the bag bag in the room that I think everyone has seen before but just in case I’ve attached a photo as well.  

46910E4E-E4E1-4B70-872B-EC80FDFB48F0.jpeg

46DE6BD1-6367-4EE2-A861-BB322B29F3B0.jpeg

1324E6ED-22E0-4F02-AB28-454C3066AEF0.jpeg

84E64286-E50E-4C8E-9645-1FE9E4C025BF.jpeg

DC52459C-FCAB-49E6-B10F-BB5670FF6184.jpeg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

How exciting for you!  Thank you for all the beautiful pictures.  I hope I get one of those bags!  They told me the last time it was only for the CO guests; no Neptunes.  Have a wonderful cruise.

According  to the concierge we get all the Club Orange perks but they don’t get all the Neptune perks.  I suppose they are still trying to figure everything out.  

When we first started cruising we could reserve any time we wanted in the MDR when in a Neptune suite.  Now it’s only the “regular hours” like up to 5:45 or after 7:30.  The concierge said for us to go to the MDR whatever time we wanted tomorrow (which is Gala night), go to the Club Orange line and there should be minimal wait.  We shall see.

Clocks go forward tonight and we are at BBKings (who are fantastic) so not sure if we will make the Pinnacle for breakfast.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Your off to a wonderful start!! Nice updates to the lounge and the NS has been updated. Nice for them to give wine 🍷 and other perks free for tonight! Enjoy! 
Our skyline at night is pretty.

Denise😊

Same at the Mariner reception, liquor was flowing!  I’ve had enough between that and the Neptune gathering that I think I’ll sleep well tonight!  

Wonderful pics, canadianbear.

Sorry about the late embarkation but it looks like the rest of the day and evening were quite nice 🙂 

thanks for confirming on the bag, too.

Looking forward to your posts when and if you have time.

Have a fabulous cruise 😄 

• Like 1

Following!  Love your pictures...we sailed the Osterdam out of San Diego in 08 for my retirement cruise...think we had the same hotel room lol...Loved staying there when we cruised out of San Diego.  Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

• Like 1