Coke Freestyle machine app availability?

cr08

Curious if anyone is familiar enough with the Freestyle machines on the RCI ships to know if they have the option to use the mobile app with them?

For those unfamiliar with it, it lets you scan a QR code on the machine with your phone and it sends a custom mix of your choice (I believe for each mix you can have up to 3 drinks with varying percentages and it mixes them in a single pour) to the machine to pour for you. Granted this requires both internet access on the mobile device and the machine itself so I am curious if RCI has possibly disabled this just to save headaches or if anyone has successfully used it?

It lets you combine multiple flavors into custom mixes and there are seasonal mixes that Coke does sometimes that can be triggered through the app. Stuff like this that can't be done via the touch panel - so no need to call anyone lazy... 🙂

1708554767_ScreenShot2019-12-10at3_34_11PM.png.76a2051bcf47c83b3d3ee68501861d8e.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I am trying to understand this. 

So, this is for people who are too lazy to push 3 buttons on the machine?

It's more for mixtures. For example, I like some flavor in my soda, but the flavored versions are too strong for me, so I'll do something like half Dr. Pepper with Cherry and half regular Dr. Pepper. My husband likes to dilute soda with seltzer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

It lets you combine multiple flavors into custom mixes and there are seasonal mixes that Coke does sometimes that can be triggered through the app. Stuff like this that can't be done via the touch panel - so no need to call anyone lazy... 🙂

1708554767_ScreenShot2019-12-10at3_34_11PM.png.76a2051bcf47c83b3d3ee68501861d8e.png

You can make those mixtures if those flavors are available in the machine.

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can make those mixtures if those flavors are available in the machine.

But the multiple selections will not be poured simultaneously. Thus not giving the appropriate mixture. No need to call people "lazy" or the idea a "solution in search of a problem" just because you don't understand fully or it's not up your alley. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The question is whether or not the machines are internet connected to connect to the service where your preferences are stored.

I believe Royal ships DO have the units networked together, but I do not know if they are given internet access. We installed some of the very first ones back when I managed cinemas in 2010 and they had cellular connections to "talk with Coca Cola" re maintenance, upgrades, etc. Additionally they were CAT5'd to the internet and to each other. That was almost 10 years ago though...

6 hours ago, SamTimeDining said:

But the multiple selections will not be poured simultaneously. Thus not giving the appropriate mixture. No need to call people "lazy" or the idea a "solution in search of a problem" just because you don't understand fully or it's not up your alley. 

Some people specialize in "snark" and lean more heavily on the "critic" part of "Cruise Critic."  Although, I usually find Merion Mom to be quite informative and accurate. 

Edited by legaljen1969
  • Like 1

I don't know if it's possible to switch from one option to another in the midst of dispensing a beverage. Does anyone know, is it?

I would have guessed one would need to partially fill the cup, wait through the "lock-out" period, make a second selection, and fill the cup the rest of the way. Which seems tedious.

Based on hanging out with people who order ice tea, I don't see this as being lazy or a solution in search of a problem.  One person I know likes half sweet tea and half unsweetened tea.  While another friend likes one third unsweetened tea and two thirds sweet tea.

Back before the free style machine, some convenience store chains had machines that allowed you to add flavoring.  You would choose the soda of choice and then push a button to add the flavoring (orange, cherry and one or two more).  One flavoring button push would give you one squirt of flavoring.  Pushing two times would give you two squirts, etc. while the soda was pouring.

Different strokes for different folks.

Getting back on track, I don't recall the freestyle machines having the capability of doing what the OP wants.

It would require an internet satellite uplink/downlink to the Coca Cola servers to determine what the users preference are.  I doubt RCCL would want to expend the bandwith to do this, along with the latency in using the machines