Two unrelated Edge questions

BRC6C

We leave in less than a week and I'm hoping for some help to the silly questions that keep popping up in my head.

1) Is there a place to get waffles on the Edge? I know on a previous Celebrity Cruise I didn't find them till near the end of the cruise and I want to be better prepared this time! 

2) In looking at daily events that folks have posted I'm wondering about the timing of shows with the set meal times. We have late seating traditional dining because that works best for my folks who are taking us on this cruise to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. I see that shows seem to start at 7:30 and 9:30. Are the shows short enough that we can get to our dinner if we go to a 7:30 show? 

I know I said 2, but also... We have the premium drink package, and my cruise goal is to expand my palate (we all need goals, right?) Any favorite drinks and/or bars would be great o hear about!

Thanks!

Haven't been on Edge yet, but I've never been on a cruise ship that didn't have waffles for breakfast in the buffet.

The evening shows usually last about 45 min. The shows are timed so they can fit with the set dinner times in the MDR.

I can only answer about the waffles, which were delicious in the Oceanview Café.

We had select dining so getting to the shows was easy...we worked our dinnertime around whichever show we wanted to see.

Enjoy Edge...I am only off for eight days and am suffering severe post Edge syndrome!

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

I can only answer about the waffles, which were delicious in the Oceanview Café.

We had select dining so getting to the shows was easy...we worked our dinnertime around whichever show we wanted to see.

Enjoy Edge...I am only off for eight days and am suffering severe post Edge syndrome!

We have select dining too - what time would work for meals if you want to do the early or late shows? We currently have reservations at MDR's for 6:30 mostly and 7:30 a couple nights... i'm assuming those would be fine to get to the late show. One night the earliest Finecuts reservation we could snag was 8:30...for that night would we have time to do the early shows?

We enjoyed the waffles and everythung else about the EDGE a few weeks ago. Waffles were made,fresh, lots of  great toppings

We ate dinner at 6 and made it to the 7:30 show with time to spare. Things may get more crowded and possiblly backed up later???

Agree -  They have Waffles in the Ocean View

Showtimes on our Edge Cruise were 7:30 and 9:30.    The shows last approx 45 minutes but with the cruise director at the end comes in at about 55 minutes.   If you went to the 7:30 you should be able to do dinner at 8:30 (maybe just a little late).  If you have anytime dining - late dining is between 8:30 and 10:30 and you could take your time

As for drink suggestions, the Planter in Eden is on the premium package and yummy. If you eat at Eden, Adrian the sommelier is stellar and will make recommendations for by the glass wines that are within the package pricing. The martini bar is also a good place to try out craft cocktails. Cheers!

We have sailed on 20+ Celebrity cruises, but this is our 1st time on the Edge.  All the other ships had shows at 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm.  We would attend the 7:00 pm show, and go to late seating dinner, usually at 8:30 pm.  However, on the Summit this past June and September, late dinner was at 8:15 pm, which we enjoyed.  I would appreciate finding out the correct show times and dining times (set seating) from recent cruisers on the Edge.  We are looking forward to trying this new ship.  I have read many negative reviews, but would love to hear about all the positives for this beautiful ship.

6 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

We have sailed on 20+ Celebrity cruises, but this is our 1st time on the Edge.  All the other ships had shows at 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm.  We would attend the 7:00 pm show, and go to late seating dinner, usually at 8:30 pm.  However, on the Summit this past June and September, late dinner was at 8:15 pm, which we enjoyed.  I would appreciate finding out the correct show times and dining times (set seating) from recent cruisers on the Edge.  We are looking forward to trying this new ship.  I have read many negative reviews, but would love to hear about all the positives for this beautiful ship.

Last week shows were at 7:30 and 9:30.  The shows last 45 minutes.  We had late seating at 8:30.  Plenty of time to get to the MDR.  Service in MDR was very good.  Only on one night, the food came out luke-warm and was replaced.

As far as positive reviews, we really liked the ship.  DH loved the Infinite Veranda - he said it made the cabin feel larger, which it did.  We never used the inner doors so I can't comment on that.  The bathroom was amazingly large for a standard cabin.  Lots of storage in the bathroom and the cabin itself.  One unexpected plus is the area on deck 2 where you disembark the ship in ports.  Large, bright, and well organized instead of lining up in the dark, cramped bowels of the ship.  We had one tender port, and the crew were extremely helpful getting on and off the tender.

Entertainment is as subjective as food - we liked most of it and felt it was a step above other cruise lines.  

I would definitely sail the Edge again.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Probably that they can look alike. And while buttered coffee is the norm in some areas of the world, it is an acquired taste.

Ah, I see - thank you. We don't enjoy whipped cream in our coffee so it won't be an issue for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogs4fun said:

Could you please elaborate? What is the issue with the whipped butter?

I was talking about making my own specialty coffee with whipped cream. Sometimes they have a whipped butter... not quite the same as whipped cream... but can be mistaken for it. I am sure the whipped butter would be terrific on waffles

29 minutes ago, kearney said:

I wondered if some people put butter in their coffee... I did accidently used the whipped butter once.. not quite my taste.

I first heard of it at Nomad Lounge in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

But apparently it (along with coconut oil) is becoming a thing all over.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

haggal Thanks for the show and dining information and positive feedback about the ship. We will sail on the Edge B2B from   January 26 - February 9.  The videos we saw about the Edge on our September sailing on the Summit made the Edge look very appealing.  The negatives reviews on CC have been a bummer.  Happy to hear positives about the Edge!

4 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

haggal Thanks for the show and dining information and positive feedback about the ship. We will sail on the Edge B2B from   January 26 - February 9.  The videos we saw about the Edge on our September sailing on the Summit made the Edge look very appealing.  The negatives reviews on CC have been a bummer.  Happy to hear positives about the Edge!

Some people just don't like change.  We, on the other hand, were seeking it.  One suggestion I would make, especially on a B2B, is to request to dine in the other MDRs.  We were in Cosmopolitan and it was half empty for late seating.  I'm sure the other MDRs are the same.  I would have preferred Anytime Dining but my traveling companions don't care for it.  Shouldn't be a problem to move around during late seating.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:30 AM, dogs4fun said:

Ah, I see - thank you. We don't enjoy whipped cream in our coffee so it won't be an issue for us.

A shot of Jameson's and a drizzle of creme de mint over the whipped cream and you have a good Irish Coffee to enjoy after dinner.