Deals

Itsbeentoolong

Afternoon Guys,

is there a certain tread to when P&O do their deals? After having twins we need to rely a bit more on the deals, can’t be paying full price for my twins.

I see they are doing the 3rd and 4th passengers for 99 pound on some sailings but it’s only for adults 😡

looking for something in May 2020

Thanks

We have used these deals on most of our P&O cruises for us and our disabled adult son. 
on two cruises there was a £1 deal for 3rd and 4th passengers our last was with the £99 

for 3rd and 4th passengers all for selected cruises. Our last cruise 12 nets worked out for a balcony £52 per night per person. I’m sure these deals apply to younger passengers as well. The £1 deals surfaced around February this year. Also used on a suite booking to the Fjords.

17 minutes ago, Itsbeentoolong said:

Afternoon Guys,

is there a certain tread to when P&O do their deals? After having twins we need to rely a bit more on the deals, can’t be paying full price for my twins.

I see they are doing the 3rd and 4th passengers for 99 pound on some sailings but it’s only for adults 😡

Thanks

I am afraid that deals for families are rare unless outside school holidays but then the number of kids club staff is reduced which limits the number of children. Most families tend to book early.

We have 2 young children and have had some great deals with P&O (such as cruise for £1) whilst they have been pre-school age.  Prices looking much higher now we are more restricted by dates due to school holidays however it seems the adult fares stay the same as the rest of the year for these trips, but the kids fares are much higher than term time and close to adult fare.  Also if not booking a long way in advance either the 4 person cabins sell out or the kids clubs are full for certain age groups, so many cruises are ruled out straight away.  When also considering some ships are adult only it may not leave many choices for you unless you are willing/able to book two cabins for your family.  What age are your twins?  We have been cruising since our children each were just over the 6 month limit, and have found it an excellent family holiday with great facilities for babies and toddlers.

Yes that is correct emam. It is in part due to the ratio of children to youth club staff, but also P&O adhere to legislation regarding the quota of children allowed to sail on their family friendly ships. If they have reached the quota, then no further children are allowed to be booked onboard. 

My dad is 79 and not too keen to book far ahead but booked March 2018 for our World Cruise starting Friday 3 Jan 2020.  I did encourage him by reminding him he cannot take it with him and my sister and I do tell him we want him to do as much as he can while he can all he needs to leave behind is his home as he needs to live in it!!!!!!!!!  He worked for it it is his money not ours.

Not so  easy however if you have dependents I know but he has no grandchildren to worry about.

We always insure our holidays we have annual cover but a separate policy for the world cruise.

Just booked a cruise for Easter 2021, from 1st till 15th April (school holidays) on Azura, 2 adults and one 15 year old sailing out of Valleta calling at Split, Triestre, Hvar, Dubrovnik, Valleta, Athens, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Santorini and Valleta, on an early saver with return Manchester flights with an inside cabin guaranteed PD for 3100, unfortunately when travelling with children during school holidays cabins holding more than two guests are at a premium and will normally sell out 12+ months in advance. 

You would be very lucky to pick up anything now for 2020 as a family particularly in term time and we generally have to plan 18 months in advance, our only exception was the Oceana repositioning cruise in October where we picked up a real bargain following the late change of itineraries.

Good luck with your search.

On 12/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, Itsbeentoolong said:

Afternoon Guys,

Thanks

I have found the best deals are found by booking really early.  We did pre- registration this year for 2021 and got a great deal. Not really sure why you could only get deals for adults only.  I have just done a dummy booking for 2 adults and 2 children for a fortnight in May and the children came up as £149 each.  As others have said it could be that the cruise line had reached their quota for that particular sailing.

Thanks Guys,

The Twins are 2 next week so we don’t need to worry about school holidays yet. I booked a canaries cruise on Ventura in September last year and they were 99 each so I thought that was the 0-3 year price 😂😂 so I was shocked to see full price come up.

Think we’re just going to do a land holiday in May now and was looking at the Caribbean for Nov 2021...so are we to late for that? Would they ever do a 3rd and 4th person for 99/149?

priced up a balcony for 6300 

Thanks

Dean

7 hours ago, Itsbeentoolong said:

Thanks Guys,

The Twins are 2 next week so we don’t need to worry about school holidays yet. I booked a canaries cruise on Ventura in September last year and they were 99 each so I thought that was the 0-3 year price 😂😂 so I was shocked to see full price come up.

Think we’re just going to do a land holiday in May now and was looking at the Caribbean for Nov 2021...so are we to late for that? Would they ever do a 3rd and 4th person for 99/149?

Thanks

Dean

I kinda think it all depends on what kind of cruise you want, where sailing to/from, length etc. 

I booked fantastic offers on p&o in January last year I think they were having some kind of sale though. Ended up booking 4 cruises that month. 
we booked two for May that year( so only 5m in advance) 

two for the year after ( 15m and 19m in advance) 

we got deals on all of them. The first cruise we got the kids for £49 each. Adults were £449. For a weeks cruise. Was very good price for us. 

I think you have to just keep looking to see what’s there and some you will drop on with. I know a lot of the ones we looked at were already full with kids. If you avoid schools that would be better though 

Thanks everyone.

We want a 14 night, Caribbean cruise which is coming up with Azura and Britannia. I'd love to try Britannia but that's coming up nearly 300 pounds per person extra at the moment.   

Does the child places depend on the kids club spaces because at 2 this year and 3 next year i think they will be too young for that anyway.

When do the other companies release their sailings, so far its only P&O that comes up in searches for Nov 2021

Thanks

Dean

On 1/1/2020 at 2:15 PM, Itsbeentoolong said:

Thanks Guys,

Thanks

Dean

If you are still looking for a deal in May - Azura is sailing on 3rd May 2020 around the Med from Southampton for  14 nights. Total price £3636 - kids are priced at £149.(This is an early saver) This is a standard balcony cabin. This is on P and O  website. You may be able to get a better price if you shop around.  

48 minutes ago, Suebiker said:

If you are still looking for a deal in May - Azura is sailing on 3rd May 2020 around the Med from Southampton for  14 nights. Total price £3636 - kids are priced at £149.(This is an early saver) This is a standard balcony cabin. This is on P and O  website. You may be able to get a better price if you shop around.  

ahhh its just clicked that obviously the 99/149 is because they are sailing from Southampton.   I have to think about the airfare to the Caribbean durrr

Thanks Suebiker

23 minutes ago, Itsbeentoolong said:

ahhh its just clicked that obviously the 99/149 is because they are sailing from Southampton.   I have to think about the airfare to the Caribbean durrr

Thanks Suebiker

Ahh that makes sense now !!