Silly Coffee Question

Korbiesmom

I’m going on the Carnival Panorama in three weeks and I want to make sure I get a decent cup of coffee. I haven’t been on Carnival in years but was very disappointed in the regular coffee served on the Princess Cruise I took to Alaska last year. There was no half and half for the coffee served anywhere, it was only milk. Every time we asked for half and half we were brought full cream. It was disgusting and made the coffee greasy. Question, does Carnival serve real half and half with their coffee? Otherwise I’ll have to bring my own creamer. 

Wow- my last cruise I asked many times for full cream, not half & half, and I couldn't get it! I'm on a keto diet and I'm not supposed to have milk, half & half or dairy creamer- only full cream, so I ended up drinking my coffee black! Even the coffee shop only had half & half.

Where did you manage to get full cream? MDR? Lido? 

• Like 1

Ask for it. I have often found none in the Lido but when I asked it was pulled out of a under cabinet refrig. 

And of course, you can always mix your own  with part cream and part milk. Use a glass to mix and then add to your coffee cup. ENJOY. 

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

Wow- my last cruise I asked many times for full cream, not half & half, and I couldn't get it! I'm on a keto diet and I'm not supposed to have milk, half & half or dairy creamer- only full cream, so I ended up drinking my coffee black! Even the coffee shop only had half & half.

hi

The OP did say this was on a Princess cruise.

For the OP. Most people that complain about the coffee are actually complaining about the coffee. If having your half and half will make questionable tasting coffee more palatable, then I would bring my own. Just in case. 

hope this helps

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Korbiesmom said:

I’m going on the Carnival Panorama in three weeks and I want to make sure I get a decent cup of coffee. I haven’t been on Carnival in years but was very disappointed in the regular coffee served on the Princess Cruise I took to Alaska last year. There was no half and half for the coffee served anywhere, it was only milk. Every time we asked for half and half we were brought full cream. It was disgusting and made the coffee greasy. Question, does Carnival serve real half and half with their coffee? Otherwise I’ll have to bring my own creamer. 

Bring your own you won't have to worry about it.i myself prefer heavy cream in my coffee.

12 hours ago, Korbiesmom said:

You want a decent cup of coffee, but then you're going to ruin it by putting cream in it?!  😛

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Not to attack your diet, but just what in the heck is the big difference between whole milk and cream for Keto?  Low fat and non-fat milk, I get because of added sugars.  But some of this eat this not that stuff coming out of fad diets is ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, rukkian said:

You can get a box of creamers in individual packs, which may be allowed.

I have brought the little individual shelf stable creamers on every cruise I have ever been on and no one ever gave me a hard time.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Not to attack your diet, but just what in the heck is the big difference between whole milk and cream for Keto?  Low fat and non-fat milk, I get because of added sugars.  But some of this eat this not that stuff coming out of fad diets is ridiculous.

I'm not defending my diet because it's working for me- I've lost 65 lbs and still going...

The key to it though, @crewsweeper since you asked so nicely, is that I should technically not have any dairy in my coffee, but if I'm going to (which I NEED to) it has to be full cream, in order to get the necessary fat in my diet to help me get into ketosis, without the additional carbs. Otherwise, it's black coffee with no sugar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Galatz said:

I have brought the little individual shelf stable creamers on every cruise I have ever been on and no one ever gave me a hard time.

We did this last year. I got asked every single morning where someone could find them as I prepared mine and my wife’s coffee. We brought two boxes, one vanilla and one caramel. After day 1 I always brought extra in my pocket To lido and when approached I shared. I like to think I made a different person’s morning for 6 days straight. Good karma. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

We did this last year. I got asked every single morning where someone could find them as I prepared mine and my wife’s coffee. We brought two boxes, one vanilla and one caramel. After day 1 I always brought extra in my pocket To lido and when approached I shared. I like to think I made a different person’s morning for 6 days straight. Good karma. 

And reading this just made my night. Good karma indeed. 

• 1 month later...

I have found half and half at every Lido on every ship we've been on. Sitting on the aft area of Lido, cup of coffee in hand, watching the sun come up, makes me not really care how good or bad the coffee might be. All is right in my world at that moment.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:00 AM, Loodlow said:

Yes, half and half is always available on Carnival at coffee stations.

Never been on a Carnival ship without half and half. The lido deck coffee is barely drinkable. Have one in the morning and then all others from the coffee bar.