Examples of "interesting" pricing. Share yours.

For my 2/23/2020 Anthem cruise the waterpark pass is $132, the Coco beach club is $84 and the floating cabanas a real bargain at only $1600.  Which is more than the cruise fare pp that we paid!  Way more! South beach cabanas at $800 show sold out.  I will be only using the free stuff at the Coco cay.  From what I've read it's quite adequate to enjoy the day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kag19 said:

Waterpark pass is showing as $93.99 for the Allure 2/23 sailing.  We booked two Chill Island cabanas right away when we booked Allure at $499 each.  They are now listed as $1299 each.  Ridiculous!

Chill Island cabanas are listed as $799 each for Grandeur 2/20 sailing (2/24 Coco Cay stop).

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Chill Island cabanas are listed as $799 each for Grandeur 2/20 sailing (2/24 Coco Cay stop).

Allure sailing is 16th and our stop is 2/22 at Coco Cay...sorry about that.  I really am ready for a vacation!

Starting at $119 for the 12/27/20 out of NY....THAT IS NOT COOL....no difference in price for kids or adults...so I will have to pay the same for my 7 year old kid  and my 52 year old husband who will be "watching" my 7 year old so I can be with my 13 y.o.?

And how on earth could I not let them do that when it looks so amazing and we only have 3 stops. 

My daughter and three girls are sharing a room on a school trip.  Their trip is February 2020 on Navigator.  One girl paid $24.99 for the Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass, I went to book it today and they now want $83.99 for the same excursion. Eff everything about that. 

2 hours ago, kag19 said:

Waterpark pass is showing as $93.99 for the Allure 2/23 sailing.  We booked two Chill Island cabanas right away when we booked Allure at $499 each.  They are now listed as $1299 each.  Ridiculous!

That is highway robbery right there!  Supply and demand my...... HA!

Edited by RCLcruiser2012
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CruisinwithKids1 said:

Starting at $119 for the 12/27/20 out of NY....THAT IS NOT COOL....no difference in price for kids or adults...so I will have to pay the same for my 7 year old kid  and my 52 year old husband who will be "watching" my 7 year old so I can be with my 13 y.o.?

And how on earth could I not let them do that when it looks so amazing and we only have 3 stops. 

We’re on this same cruise. After my husband broke his hand at GWL several years ago (thank goodness it wasn’t one of our kids!), we steer clear of all water parks. So I purchased beach club day passes at $69/$49 when they first became available. I see the price has gone up,  but not horribly. 

At least I was able to capitalize on the deal back in July and got the $18 deluxe beverage as well as the $8.99 soda + Voom for the boys. 

Normally we don't get the drink package but thinking about it on our next cruise.  I've never seen such a WILD change in prices.  I looked the other day during a "New Years Sale" and it was buy one get one half off and came to 720 for two people for 5 nights.  Well just checked tonight and it's not listed with any sale ribbon and it's at 673.  

It's rather annoying cause being D+ and getting 30% off I wish I could tell if it's better to buy online or onboard.  Now if only there was another $18 sale (and I was paying attention when it happens) 

I had originally booked the Beach Club day pass for $65-$79.  On 11/27 all my cruises went down to $50.99.  Cancelled and rebooked at the lower price.  Some of my dates were $85 last time I looked.  Does anyone know how any passes they are selling for each day?

Symphony 2/2021

Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass $99.

Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass $79

Thrill Waterpark Cabana And Full Day Pass $499

Coco Beach Club Floating Cabana And Full Day Pass $1699. 

Chill Island Cabanas $999

Coco Beach Club Cabana And Full Day Pass $1399.
Oasis Lagoon Cabanas $999.00
South Beach Cabanas $999.

We were just talking about pushing this cruise until 2022. With some of these price we might just have to if we want a cabana... since there are only 2 of us, I think we will skip the cabana 

Guest BigRoger

I posted yesterday about getting a cruise repriced in UK and an interesting little bit of RCL ‘naughty’ system based pricing has popped out in the recalc....

The new suite guarantee price straight off the website with the current promotion ex C&A discount is £2,599 for two passengers made up of:

Base price £3,892 

Less 60% discount £1,168

Less spec discount £125 promo not C&A

Total £2,599 plus a further $200 OBC

this offer is supposed to be combinable with C&A but when you ask for the C&A discount to be added the pricing changes...

base price £3,892

less 60% discount now of £1,086

no special discount 

Less C&A discount of £274

total £2,532 plus a further $200 OBC

interesting how even though it is stated as combinable the special discount disappears but even the calc of the ‘60%’ off changed! The system seems to be focused on ‘this is your price’ however you configure it....

Oasis of the Seas 7/4/2020:

Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass $131.99
Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass $74.99
Thrill Waterpark Cabana And Full Day Pass $999
Coco Beach Club Floating Cabana And Full Day Pass $1,999
Chill Island Cabanas $1,233.99
Coco Beach Club Cabana And Full Day Pass $1,199
Oasis Lagoon Cabanas $1,299
South Beach Cabanas $1,299

On 1/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, twangster said:

Testing the market to see what people will pay.

How many people purchase at $53?  How many purchase at $80?  For an Oasis class ship what penetration rate do they get at $71?  I bet on another Oasis sail date it's not $71.  

I don't think this is supply and demand but their attempts to see what the market will bear.  They are working to establish the normal price that will maximize revenue.  

You just described supply and demand perfectly.  

15 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Oasis of the Seas 7/4/2020:

Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass $131.99
Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass $74.99
Thrill Waterpark Cabana And Full Day Pass $999
Coco Beach Club Floating Cabana And Full Day Pass $1,999
Chill Island Cabanas $1,233.99
Coco Beach Club Cabana And Full Day Pass $1,199
Oasis Lagoon Cabanas $1,299
South Beach Cabanas $1,299

Is this CAD?

7 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Nope. USD.

Wow, crazy! Those look like our price in Canadian and I thought that was high (although one cruise has a waterpark up to $150 CAD)

Edited by LuCruise

Independence of the Seas, 5/25/20 Sailing

South Beach Cabana price on 1/15/20 - $399

South Beach Cabana price on 1/16/20 - $1233.99

US Dollars

Yes, I did purchase yesterday.

Edited by mbross
  • Like 1

Just booked a 2022 cruise on the Oasis.  Junior Suite on Oasis 2/27/2022 sailing coming up $194 cheaper than an Ocean View Large Balcony.  Prices within a few dollars on other Feb/Mar Oasis sailings.  We choose the Junior Suite of course. 

8 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

Just booked a 2022 cruise on the Oasis.  Junior Suite on Oasis 2/27/2022 sailing coming up $194 cheaper than an Ocean View Large Balcony.  Prices within a few dollars on other Feb/Mar Oasis sailings.  We choose the Junior Suite of course. 

Congratulations to YOU, you savvy shopper!

4 hours ago, WI-Cruiser said:

What Sailing is this one if you don't mind Sharing looking for trips 2022

5 minutes ago, luisc25 said:

What Sailing is this one if you don't mind Sharing looking for trips 2022

The Oasis of the Seas sailing from Miami on 2/27/2022.  Not sure of the itinerary - at this point for us the ship is the destination.  Other sailings of Oasis during that Feb/Mar 2022 time frame are also showing a good deal on the Junior Suites (or may be a bad deal on the OV), anyway, they're within a few dollars of the Ocean View Large Balcony.

4 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

The Oasis of the Seas sailing from Miami on 2/27/2022.  Not sure of the itinerary - at this point for us the ship is the destination.  Other sailings of Oasis during that Feb/Mar 2022 time frame are also showing a good deal on the Junior Suites (or may be a bad deal on the OV), anyway, they're within a few dollars of the Ocean View Large Balcony.

Thanks $1,664/Person is a great deal for a JS. Thanks for sharing this, I might have to book this.