Princess Ruby still have Bowling lanes onboard?

CalLuvsCrusingToo

5 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Will be sailing on Ruby Princess again this summer. 

Last couple times we sailed, there were a few Full bowling lanes

onboard.  It was a lot of fun.

Does Ruby still have bowling Lanes?

Bowling Lanes??  😳

Never!!

• Like 1

I don't remember ANY Princess ship having bowling lanes onboard.  Perhaps there was a temporary setup in Club Fusion for sea-day activities????

Some of the NCL Star/Gem Class vessels had them in their Bliss Ultra Lounges when first built but have since been removed (Star, Dawn, Gem, & Pearl) as well as the EPIC has a full sized set of bowling lanes in O'Sheehans.  Breakaway, Getaway and Escape also feature mini-bowling in O'Sheehans.  It's quite possible you are thinking of one of those ships?

"Some of the NCL Star/Gem Class vessels had them in their Bliss Ultra Lounges when first built but have since been removed (Star, Dawn, Gem, & Pearl) as well as the EPIC has a full sized set of bowling lanes in O'Sheehans.  Breakaway, Getaway and Escape also feature mini-bowling in O'Sheehans.  It's quite possible you are thinking of one of those ships?"

YES you are correct! It was NCL.  I have been on all of those ships, except Star.

Guess I'm busted, we cruise too much. 😀 I really Thought it was on Ruby!

YES, They were Full sized lanes, with rental shoes & balls.

So they've been removed from all the NCL fleet?

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Will be sailing on Ruby Princess again this summer. 

Last couple times we sailed, there were a few Full bowling lanes

onboard.  It was a lot of fun.

Does Ruby still have bowling Lanes?

Never heard of that!  MSC has some bowling  alleys but not really full size.

4 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

"Some of the NCL Star/Gem Class vessels had them in their Bliss Ultra Lounges when first built but have since been removed (Star, Dawn, Gem, & Pearl) as well as the EPIC has a full sized set of bowling lanes in O'Sheehans.  Breakaway, Getaway and Escape also feature mini-bowling in O'Sheehans.  It's quite possible you are thinking of one of those ships?"

YES you are correct! It was NCL.  I have been on all of those ships, except Star.

Guess I'm busted, we cruise too much. 😀 I really Thought it was on Ruby!

YES, They were Full sized lanes, with rental shoes & balls.

So they've been removed from all the NCL fleet?

to my knowledge only the EPIC still has the full sized lanes and the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape still have the mini-lanes.

The Star, Dawn, Gem and Pearl all had them removed in their most recent renovations. 

14 hours ago, RMMariner said:

Never seen a bowling alley on a Princess ship, but I sure enjoy the skeet shooting.

I remember skeet shooting on cruise ships, and it always made me nervous.  The crew members supervising the shooting were not qualified range safety officers (I am) and were not adequately supervising the people who had no idea of how to handle a shotgun.  

After observing the safety violations, I quickly left that area because of my safety concerns.  I really hated to be swept by the muzzle of any firearm, and shotguns in the hands of untrained novices are dangerous!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I remember skeet shooting on cruise ships, and it always made me nervous.  The crew members supervising the shooting were not qualified range safety officers (I am) and were not adequately supervising the people who had no idea of how to handle a shotgun.  

After observing the safety violations, I quickly left that area because of my safety concerns.  I really hated to be swept by the muzzle of any firearm, and shotguns in the hands of untrained novices are dangerous!

There was "simulated" skeet shooting offered a few times on our recent Mexico cruise on the Royal (12/14/19). Was held in the Shooting Range, Deck 19 Aft.

Untitled.png

image.png

Edited by milogurd

19 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I have been on 11 Princess ships thus far and have never seen bowling offered.  I have also sailed on CCL, HAL and RCI and have never seen bowling lanes.

it's for crew only and located next to one of the crew only bars … at least that's what I heard a couple of the crew talking about meeting there at 2 am after their shifts … 

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

it's for crew only and located next to one of the crew only bars … at least that's what I heard a couple of the crew talking about meeting there at 2 am after their shifts … 

So not for us mere mortals

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

You were duped...

4. CREW MEMBERS SOMETIMES MESS WITH PASSENGERS.

Life at sea can get a bit monotonous. “It got mundane really fast,” writes one former worker on Reddit. “It was basically the same comedy of errors each day of the week, with a different ‘cast’ of passengers each week.”

Some crew members shake things up by getting a rise out of passengers in the form of good old practical jokes. According to another former crew member, “a favorite was while in a passenger area say to another crew member, loud enough to be heard by passengers, ‘Meet you in the bowling alley tonight!’” Of course, there wasn’t actually a bowling alley on board. “Then we'd wait for the comment cards to come in: ‘Why do crew get a bowling alley when we don't?’”

Edited by hel0013
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

You can probably relax.  It's been more than 10 years since I've seen skeet shooting on Princess.

I don't know what they do with the hummels now...

Pull!

Edited by pablo222