Emergency Airport in Cruise Planner

LB_NJ

What is the emergency airport info in the planner used for?

I have a trip planned where we will probably spend a few days in the area post trip and wondering if we should put our home airport or the destination airport.

We put in FLL which is the cruise port because we are driving and parking it at the port. So if the cruise ends early - thinking along the lines of a mechanical issue that everyone on the ship is affected by- and they want to fly us back, we would need to get the car to drive it back home. 

• Like 2

I think it's where do you want them to fly you to if your trip is interrupted due to a problem of Princess'  (Fire damage, loss of electricity on board, freak wave damage etc.)  I also always indicate Fort Lauderdale because I park my car there when I cruise.  If I put my home airport, I would be about 1400 miles away from my car. 

I don't think Princess makes travel arrangements for you if it is you that has a personal emergency and needs to get off the ship.  But I could be wrong there.

40 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think it's where do you want them to fly you to if your trip is interrupted due to a problem of Princess'  (Fire damage, loss of electricity on board, freak wave damage etc.)  I also always indicate Fort Lauderdale because I park my car there when I cruise.  If I put my home airport, I would be about 1400 miles away from my car. 

I don't think Princess makes travel arrangements for you if it is you that has a personal emergency and needs to get off the ship.  But I could be wrong there.

In that case it's LHR (but if it's my body can't they just toss it overboard?). If I'm sick, any US city works

My PVP puts in my home airport, SFO

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

In that case it's LHR (but if it's my body can't they just toss it overboard?). If I'm sick, any US city works

My PVP puts in my home airport, SFO

Some Federal judge would just fine Princess millions of dollars for that.  The judge wants to see you composted...:classic_blink: