Help from the experts on choosing a cruise

mrsgthatsme

Hello! We are first time Celebrity cruisers considering a cruise for our 15th anniversary next fall. I know there are many people well versed in the ships and itineraries after sailing Celebrity many times. If anyone would be willing to share their opinions on which of the following itineraries they would choose, I would greatly appreciate it. We are in our mid 40s and priorities are nice ports we can enjoy without excursions preferably and a nice ship experience. Thank you! 

1) 5 day Bahamas/Dominican Republic on Infinity Feb 28, 2021

2) 4 day Bahamas/Key West on Infinity Dec 2, 2020

3) 4 day Cayman Islands on Millennium Nov. 11, 2020 ( while I love the idea of going to this port, I am concerned about it being the ONLY port and in hurricane season, thoughts?)

4) 4 day Key West/Bahamas on Infinity Jan 27, 2021

Cayman's, its technically hurricane season but I always sail in Nov the last few years because of work.  Caymens can be fun if you never been there, Bahamas, and Dominican I have never been a fan of.  I have more often stayed on the ship in these ports.  Both ships have been refurbished in the last year or so, so will be in great shape.  The M class that both of these are nice ships. In order I would do the Cayman's one then Bahamas/Key West  its close to a toss up.  But with short trips I would want to relax on the ship for the 2-3 or so days and enjoy the sea.  

Without knowing what you enjoy it is hard to give advice. Are you a beach person? Foodie? Drinker? If you are a beach person I would do the Bahama/Dominican cruise. If a foodie/Drinker I would do one of the ones that include Key West. We personally would never take a cruise with only one port. But we are not sea day lovers either.

Edited by clskinsfan

Why are you limiting yourselves to 4 or 5 day cruises?  You might want to consider a 7 day cruise on one of the S class ships.  The atmosphere on the longer cruise is different from the shorter cruises.  

Just now, rose6 said:

Why are you limiting yourselves to 4 or 5 day cruises?  You might want to consider a 7 day cruise on one of the S class ships.  The atmosphere on the longer cruise is different from the shorter cruises.  

Agree, some deals can be had on the Equinox, sailed her in September...very nice ship.  

53 minutes ago, mrsgthatsme said:

For a short cruise I'd pick this cruise. However I believe it doesn't exist.  Are you sure about the  date, ship and itinerary? 

Edited by davekathy

19 minutes ago, rose6 said:

We have two kids and a puppy, so that is about the max we feel comfortable asking my parents to babysit and puppy sit for this time around! 🙂

43 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Cayman's, its technically hurricane season but I always sail in Nov the last few years because of work.  Caymens can be fun if you never been there, Bahamas, and Dominican I have never been a fan of.  I have more often stayed on the ship in these ports.  Both ships have been refurbished in the last year or so, so will be in great shape.  The M class that both of these are nice ships. In order I would do the Cayman's one then Bahamas/Key West  its close to a toss up.  But with short trips I would want to relax on the ship for the 2-3 or so days and enjoy the sea.  

Infinity was updated in 2018 IIRC, and is due for an update in November 2020 (edgefication or whatever they call it)

38 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Without knowing what you enjoy it is hard to give advice. Are you a beach person? Foodie? Drinker? If you are a beach person I would do the Bahama/Dominican cruise. If a foodie/Drinker I would do one of the ones that include Key West. We personally would never take a cruise with only one port. But we are not sea day lovers either.

We are not foodies or drinkers. We truly just like relaxing in beautiful weather, beaches, my husband likes snorkeling and getting away! 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kenevenpar said:

Infinity was updated in 2018 IIRC, and is due for an update in November 2020 (edgefication or whatever they call it)

They did very little in 2018 ship needs a major refurbish but I would still take 5 days over 4 , they are all sister ships. Was on infinity for 9 days in 2019 and 3 weeks away  from sailing her again. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

They did very little in 2018 ship needs a major refurbish but I would still take 5 days over 4 , they are all sister ships. Was on infinity for 9 days in 2019 and 3 weeks away  from sailing her again. 

We are jumping on in two weeks for a 2 night cruise 😮  We were headed to FL for a long weekend, and a good deal came up that was cheaper than a hotel and food.  Well it was until we upgraded, but that is another story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kenevenpar said:

We are jumping on in two weeks for a 2 night cruise 😮  We were headed to FL for a long weekend, and a good deal came up that was cheaper than a hotel and food.  Well it was until we upgraded, but that is another story.

Hope you upgraded to suite, food in suite restaurant luminae was really good and service was great , Micheals the suite lounge was great also open from early morning to late night .

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Hope you upgraded to suite, food in suite restaurant luminae was really good and service was great , Micheals the suite lounge was great also open from early morning to late night .

😎

Didn't they put in Tuscan 2018?  A definite downgrade in my mind.

We now return you to your regular programming. 

I'm wondering about the Millennium.  Is it really sailing in the Caribbean? 

Congratulations on your 15th anniversary BTW.   I wish I were back there!

Have you looked at the exciting deals that come out on Tues. Typically these cruises are only 2 or 3 months away but there are changes every week.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Maybe you could find a 7 day on there for a reasonable price.  I am concerned that 4 or 5 days will be way to short to celebrate such a milestone.  I would also like to see you on an S class.  I want you to have an amazing cruise.

Just now, davekathy said:

No biggie. Have you decided on a cruise? The edit window is only open for 20 minutes from hitting submit. 

No, still under discussion. :) I was really excited this morning, because I was finding cruises for such great prices, only to realize that in my excitement, I didn't even notice that they were 2021 or even 2022 sailings!!!! The equivalent sailings for this coming fall and winter were much more expensive! That's what I get for letting my excitement get the best of me! Such a bummer! I do appreciate all of the insight offered here though... it will be of benefit for future sailings, regardless of when that may be!

10 minutes ago, mrsgthatsme said:

No, still under discussion. 🙂 I was really excited this morning, because I was finding cruises for such great prices, only to realize that in my excitement, I didn't even notice that they were 2021 or even 2022 sailings!!!! The equivalent sailings for this coming fall and winter were much more expensive! That's what I get for letting my excitement get the best of me! Such a bummer! I do appreciate all of the insight offered here though... it will be of benefit for future sailings, regardless of when that may be!

There's always something to learn from CC. 

7 hours ago, mrsgthatsme said:

Hello! We are first time Celebrity cruisers considering a cruise for our 15th anniversary next fall. I know there are many people well versed in the ships and itineraries after sailing Celebrity many times. If anyone would be willing to share their opinions on which of the following itineraries they would choose, I would greatly appreciate it. We are in our mid 40s and priorities are nice ports we can enjoy without excursions preferably and a nice ship experience. Thank you! 

3) 4 day Cayman Islands on Millennium Nov. 11, 2020 ( while I love the idea of going to this port, I am concerned about it being the ONLY port and in hurricane season, thoughts?)

I would tell you the Millennium is a great price a newly upgraded ship but that Cruise you have listed is Nov 11, 2021. It is a long way off. For what it is worth by November 11 Hurricane season is just about over. Cayman is beautiful but with only 1 port day you need to like sea days on the ship. Me I am not a great fan of the Bahamas ports other than I would like to go to the new Coco Cay. If you have your hear set on a 4-5 day cruise you might compare those Celebrity cruises with what Royal is offering. I think they run 4-5 day cruises on the Independence of the sea.

12 hours ago, volk904 said:

I would tell you the Millennium is a great price a newly upgraded ship but that Cruise you have listed is Nov 11, 2021. It is a long way off. For what it is worth by November 11 Hurricane season is just about over. Cayman is beautiful but with only 1 port day you need to like sea days on the ship. Me I am not a great fan of the Bahamas ports other than I would like to go to the new Coco Cay. If you have your hear set on a 4-5 day cruise you might compare those Celebrity cruises with what Royal is offering. I think they run 4-5 day cruises on the Independence of the sea.

And Mariner and Navigator have 3 or 4 days out of Port Canaveral and Miami.  4 Day are about the same price as 3 day, but they are Monday to Friday.  If I'm going to take Monday to Friday, I'll pick a 7 or 8 day cruise

On 1/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, mrsgthatsme said:

Any other choices?  3.  Caymen is the best port.  But there is only one port.  I would not worry too much about Nov.  I am not a fan of the Bahamas.  Key West is nice.  Why not a land vacation to Key West?  That is what I would do with the choices above or stretch to add another day or two to the cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller