Is Orange night always on 2nd Gala night?

kangforpres

9 minutes ago, silkismom said:

From someone who hasn't cruised HAL for many years, what is "orange" night?

A whole bunch of people wearing orange t-shirts walking around, dancing to the BB King band and wondering why they actually bothered ? 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We will be on the ms Rotterdam April 27th, Kings birthday, and if I understood well, the party organized on one of the HAL ships on that day is the origin of the Orange party on every cruise.  Dutch snacks, drinks and orange dress code  in one of the bars or the Lido deck or ? in the evening. On the 4 cruises since they organize those evening we visited one. For me, Koningsdag on the 27th of april on the ms Rotterdam will be a reason to join the party again.

Edited by MAVIP
Koningsdag/Kingsday

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

We will be on the ms Rotterdam April 27th, Kings birthday, and if I understood well, the party organized on one of the HAL ships on that day is the origin of the Orange party on every cruise.  Dutch snacks, drinks and orange dress code  in one of the bars or the Lido deck or ? in the evening. On the 4 cruises since they organize those evening we visited one. For me, Koningsdag on the 27th of april on the ms Rotterdam will be a reason to join the party again.

Bolding is mine.

We’ll be on the Zuiderdam on King’s Day and totally agree with you. 🙂 

It was a lot of fun celebrating King’s Day on the Prinsendam.  I’m looking forward to celebrating again 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I'm booked on the 11-night Zaandam sailing on 4/21.  Does this mean there'll be an Orange Party on April 27th?  Not that I own any clothing that is even remotely the shade of orange that would be 'required" for the dress code!  But sounds like fun.

16 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Well, I'm booked on the 11-night Zaandam sailing on 4/21.  Does this mean there'll be an Orange Party on April 27th?  Not that I own any clothing that is even remotely the shade of orange that would be 'required" for the dress code!  But sounds like fun.

Yes, there will be and it is more than an Orange Party.  It’s KINGS Day.  

You don’t need to wear orange but there are tons of scarves, etc. With a hint of orange in them.  Not necessary but it’s appreciated.  Totally up to you 😄 

• Like 1

On our recent 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Veendam, I didn't recall an Orange Party taking place. I had to look through all of the 'When and Where' guides to even find an Orange Party listed. Apparently, the Orange Party took place at 8:30 on Saturday in the Ocean Bar. It was so low-key I didn't even realize it happened.

13 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

orange ribbon, bow (hair), socks (for DH)?  If I wear an orange shirt or dress people think I am really ill. Just a ribbon suits me fine and as an extra: no weight or space in the suitcase.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:43 PM, NCTribeFan said:

Don't stress about it. We were on Maasdam for Kings Day and they brought boxes of orange hats, wigs, beads, and other items . They passed them out to everyone that wanted them. They also had "orange colored" drinks to purchase in wild glasses. It was a lot of fun. Ours was the sail away party by the aft pool.