Wine list

Rosmerta

Does anyone have a Celebrity wine list they can upload, or post a link to. We have that classic package but are also coming from Paris, so I want to know if it’s worth bringing a couple of bottles and paying corkage— we aren’t snobs, appreciate almost everything we drink with food but do know our way around the vineyards.

5 minutes ago, George C said:

I would definitely bring two bottles, we get premium package and do not find choices great. Note there is a 25 corkage charge , but no problem opening wine in cabin and bringing a glass into dinning room.

This is what I plan to do! No corkage if you open in the room 🙂 Do the rooms usually have wine glasses or do you have to ask?

Edited by agibeault

1 hour ago, agibeault said:

This is what I plan to do! No corkage if you open in the room 🙂 Do the rooms usually have wine glasses or do you have to ask?

If you elect to bring wine onboard at the embarkation port it's two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. No. You will need to request wine glasses from your stateroom attendant. You can also stop by one of the bars and ask for a couple of wine glasses. No corkage fee if you open the bottle in your stateroom. If you bring your opened wine bottle into one of the dining venues it may be subject to the corkage fee. Also don't forget your corkscrew. You can also request one from the stateroom attendant but those suck. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you elect to bring wine onboard at the embarkation port it's two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. No. You will need to request wine glasses from your stateroom attendant. You can also stop by one of the bars and ask for a couple of wine glasses. No corkage fee if you open the bottle in your stateroom. If you bring your opened wine bottle into one of the dining venues it may be subject to the corkage fee. Also don't forget your corkscrew. You can also request one from the stateroom attendant but those suck. 

Fill it to the top! 

Image result for huge wine glass

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Room steward also can get you a ice bucket if you need to chill wine, any remember to carryon corkscrew was once called to naught room because I had it in my checked luggage 

I always have a corkscrew in our first aid kit in our checked luggage. My experiences have been no issues over the years. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, Rosmerta said:

Does anyone have a Celebrity wine list they can upload, or post a link to. We have that classic package but are also coming from Paris, so I want to know if it’s worth bringing a couple of bottles and paying corkage— we aren’t snobs, appreciate almost everything we drink with food but do know our way around the vineyards.

I found this Wine List for the Edge class ships late last year. I'd say it's reasonably accurate.

2124474641_MDRWineList.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Also don't forget your corkscrew. You can also request one from the stateroom attendant but those suck. 

I always bring a corkscrew, also a bottle stopper as sometimes the corks break, also take along my travel wine aerator.  I specifically ask for 2 red wine glasses if not there and usually rinse out myself as sometimes they are not returned or unwashed.  These items are always in my suitcase so never forgotten. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I would definitely bring two bottles, we get premium package and do not find choices great.

I also have the premium beverage package on next cruise and not thrilled about wine choices either. I'm sailing to the Mediterranean so was hoping for some nice Tuscan wine offerings but doesn't appear to be the case.

1 hour ago, tyr00000ne said:

I found this Wine List for the Edge class ships late last year. I'd say it's reasonably accurate.

2124474641_MDRWineList.pdf 32.84 MB · 22 downloads

We will be on the Apex with the PBP. I find the wine selections by the glass to be very limited.  Are there others that are offered in the 4 MDR?  Most decent wines are by the bottle and my friend doesn't drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

We will be on the Apex with the PBP. I find the wine selections by the glass to be very limited.  Are there others that are offered in the 4 MDR?  Most decent wines are by the bottle and my friend doesn't drink.

I don't think I can answer this question very well because I haven't been on edge class.. but I'll try.
On my cruise on the Infinity we talked with the sommelier every night and he was able to recommend wines based on your meal, or pick certain wines if you specified a grape variety. He did bring us wines that weren't listed as available by the glass. 
Exampes were a Sauv Blanc from Sonoma, Matua Pinot Noir, a nice grenache (I forget the origin). So talk with the sommelier and they should be able to help you out. Tell them your tastes and that you have the premium package. They likely won't bring you anything that would cost an upcharge. If they bring a wine you don't like don't be afraid to ask for another.

7 minutes ago, tyr00000ne said:

I don't think I can answer this question very well because I haven't been on edge class.. but I'll try.
On my cruise on the Infinity we talked with the sommelier every night and he was able to recommend wines based on your meal, or pick certain wines if you specified a grape variety. He did bring us wines that weren't listed as available by the glass. 
Exampes were a Sauv Blanc from Sonoma, Matua Pinot Noir, a nice grenache (I forget the origin). So talk with the sommelier and they should be able to help you out. Tell them your tastes and that you have the premium package. They likely won't bring you anything that would cost an upcharge. If they bring a wine you don't like don't be afraid to ask for another.

Thank you. I just assumed it had to be one of the wines listed on the MDR menu.  I noted they have Decoy cabernet but I'm not fussed about it.  Are there others that they would serve by the glass that are not on the menus. I'm a bit disappointed in their offerings.  Some of the wines I like are $23-$25 a glass.

"I always bring a corkscrew, also a bottle stopper as sometimes the corks break, also take along my travel wine aerator.  I specifically ask for 2 red wine glasses if not there and usually rinse out myself as sometimes they are not returned or unwashed.  These items are always in my suitcase so never forgotten."

Love the way you travel, we do the same!

Edited by FloatSomeMore
Qote did not convey.

Great thread. Thanks to all who have posted, especially lists. 

When I first started looking, I thought “meh!” Was looking REALLY pedestrian. But then I realized the list gets better and better as you get deeper into it. Phew! 

There are some by the glass I’d gladly pay the difference on the Premium Package for. Others are not such a great buy.

i guess this is how they deal with so many people having packages.

Some big changes since I was last on Celebrity several years ago.

Really fantastic, informative thread!

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you. I just assumed it had to be one of the wines listed on the MDR menu.  I noted they have Decoy cabernet but I'm not fussed about it.  Are there others that they would serve by the glass that are not on the menus. I'm a bit disappointed in their offerings.  Some of the wines I like are $23-$25 a glass.

The speciality restaurants, Blu and Luminae each have their own wine list, while there is some overlap with the MDR  wine list there are wines on each of those that are not not on other wine lists.  

53 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

My experience has always been that the MDR menu only lists a few wines but there are several more available by the glass.  As was recommended earlier, talk with the wine steward about what you like.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I also have the premium beverage package on next cruise and not thrilled about wine choices either. I'm sailing to the Mediterranean so was hoping for some nice Tuscan wine offerings but doesn't appear to be the case.

I agree we normally order decoy Cabernet which Is decent I see they also have a Chianti Classico , really would like a Napa in package.

12 hours ago, Rosmerta said:

I am not sure what ship you are sailing, but here is a link to photos of 41 pages of the wine list aboard Solstice during our cruise last month.  The link has the photos organized in 3 restaurant folders.  One for the Main Dining Room, one for Murano, and one for Tuscan Grille.  The lists overlap but there are different offerings unique to each restaurant from what I could see.

E67828EA-FEDF-4E2E-B643-1C8EC3413156.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 2